In the Name of God بسم الله

Why we need Dua?

Rate this topic

Guest Askingforislam

Guest Askingforislam

Salam everyone, just a quick question.

Sometimes I want something from God but sometimes I don’t do dua for it because I say God knows what I want and he hears me and listens to me, whenever I am ready and in good place it will be granted to me.

Is that wrong?

When I donate for charity my parents always tell me to put a niya on it, so for example niya for safety or niya for rizq but I feel it is wrong when I do that because I feel that it is a trade between me and God. I do it and just say niya to Allah without anything, because I say when god sees I deserve rizq or safety he will grant it to me. So when I give charity I feel bad when I say for rizq or anything I just do it from the bottom of my heart just to help others. 

Is this also wrong?

• Advanced Member

Do Dua’.
Someone asked Imam Sadiq AS exactly the same, Imam (عليه السلام) replied what if what’s apportioned for you was intended for you only if you make Dua. So essentially you are missing on those things, for which the key would be the Dua. No key, no open door. 

Salat is literally a connection. So you dialed the phone to Allah! You established the connection. Then HE talked to you, you are reciting HIS words (Al Hamd etc.), aren’t you? Now it’s your turn to talk to Him, that is called Dua. But you remained mum, means you missed on the opportunity to talk to Him. Your loss!!

Do trade with Allah. Nothing is wrong with it. He actually asks in Quran to do trade with Him. He calls it Qarz Hasana, He promises to return it 10 folds, and in one Ayat 70 folds, and in another Ayat, unlimited folds. So yes, do the trade with Allah.

Allah calls us His Fuqarah in Quran, meaning we are His beggars. So don’t ever have any shame, restrain, or shyness in asking Allah whatever you want, or need. 

• Veteran Member
On 10/1/2022 at 3:11 AM, Guest Askingforislam said:

Salam everyone, just a quick question.

Sometimes I want something from God but sometimes I don’t do dua for it because I say God knows what I want and he hears me and listens to me, whenever I am ready and in good place it will be granted to me.

Is that wrong?

Alaikum salam,

Trusting Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), whether you see Him (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) (His Greatness) or you feel that He (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) sees you is good.  Both ways you are connecting to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and you don’t loss focus of Him at all.

On 10/1/2022 at 3:11 AM, Guest Askingforislam said:

When I donate for charity my parents always tell me to put a niya on it, so for example niya for safety or niya for rizq but I feel it is wrong when I do that because I feel that it is a trade between me and God. I do it and just say niya to Allah without anything, because I say when god sees I deserve rizq or safety he will grant it to me. So when I give charity I feel bad when I say for rizq or anything I just do it from the bottom of my heart just to help others. 

Is this also wrong?

Doing charity because of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and not to ask Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) for return is also very good.  Just put a niya thanking Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) because He gave you the ability to make that charity. Let Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) decide whatsoever He wishes.  After all He (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), is All knowing.

Making Duas to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is always good and commendable act.  It is one way to connect to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).  Establish connection to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) in all other means are also commendable.  For example, in every action we do, we start it with niya  (qurbatan illala) and read Bismillah. Sending blessings to Prophet and His Family by reading salawats is good.  Read Qur'an is good.....many more.  You can make your entire existence to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is good.

Shakir 6:162] Say. Surely my prayer and my sacrifice and my life and my death are (all) for Allah, the Lord of the worlds;

Wallahualam