In the Name of God بسم الله

The self

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

Salam Alaikum,

I have a question - are the majority of human beings good or bad . As a Muslim one should always assume the the best about his fellow human . The devil was an arrogant rational being whose ego was his downfall. He entices humans to follow their own desires, very often you probably don’t need a devil for this , humans do it of their own volition. And thus they are rational ‘animals’ i.e. they chain themselves to the basest things in life and don’t seek to purify themselves. 

If you look around is the world full of devils and animals . Are the real humans precious jewels that are dug out of piles of filthy rubble . After all humans have the ‘potential’ to be higher than angels or like devils or worse than animals . Following lower desires is so much easier and more apparent than the higher spiritual path.

Therefore in conclusion are we to assume or believe that most people are devils / animals rather than actual humans . Should we assume the worst about humanity considering it’s awful track record or should we have a more positive outlook on ourselves / humanity ?

• Advanced Member
16 hours ago, NormaL_UseR said:

are we to assume or believe that most people are devils / animals rather than actual humans .

Salam,

Perhaps Quran is agreed with your potential conclusion. Here is a verse:

وَلَقَدْ ذَرَأْنَا لِجَهَنَّمَ كَثِيرًا مِنَ الْجِنِّ وَالْإِنْسِ ۖ لَهُمْ قُلُوبٌ لَا يَفْقَهُونَ بِهَا وَلَهُمْ أَعْيُنٌ لَا يُبْصِرُونَ بِهَا وَلَهُمْ آذَانٌ لَا يَسْمَعُونَ بِهَا ۚ أُولَٰئِكَ كَالْأَنْعَامِ بَلْ هُمْ أَضَلُّ ۚ أُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الْغَافِلُونَ {179}

7:179] Already have We urged unto hell many of the jinn and humankind, having hearts wherewith they understand not, and having eyes wherewith they see not, and having ears wherewith they hear not. These are as the cattle - nay, but they are worse! These are the neglectful.

I have yet to write my views about your question. And I will add my comment after a break :D