In the Name of God بسم الله

Gas while in sujood

Rate this topic

Guest Madonion

Guest Madonion

Hi All

I have a bit of an issue. Whenever I'm in sujood I pass wind. I think I have ibs or something.

What are the rulings for this?

I work so sometimes when I get home I read the namaz if the time then proceed to read all the qaza namaz for that day. But end up doing wudhoo again and again.

• Basic Members

Salam brother, I believe you may have gas incontinence. If so, I came across a question from the website of ayatollah sayyid Mohammad saeed al hakeem

Q) When a person has gas incontinence, is he supposed to perform one wudhu for every prayer?

A)  If he has a specific period in which he can perform the wudhu and the prayer without passing wind, he should wait for it and perform the wudhu and prayer within this period.
If he does not have such a period, then he should perform the ablution before the prayer and offer the prayer, and when he passes wind during the prayer, he should suspend the prayer and perform the wudhu and continue where he stopped. Based on an obligatory precaution he should not do anything that invalidates the prayer when performing this wudhu, such as talking and the like.

• Advanced Member
On 9/24/2022 at 7:25 PM, Guest Madonion said:

Hi All

I have a bit of an issue. Whenever I'm in sujood I pass wind. I think I have ibs or something.

What are the rulings for this?

I work so sometimes when I get home I read the namaz if the time then proceed to read all the qaza namaz for that day. But end up doing wudhoo again and again.

Salam if you just feel it during Sujood  so therefore your prayer is valid except that you hear it's sound or smell  it which 

Does the feeling of flatulence invalidate ablution and prayer?
question
I am stressed during ablution and prayer, and I am constantly thinking that the slightest breath will not escape from me, and I break my ablution and prayer with the slightest feeling. Please tell me what is my duty?
Brief answer
Regarding the problem raised in the narration, it is stated as follows: A man asked Imam Sadiq ((عليه السلام).), I have flatulence (stomach wind) in such a way that I feel that it has passed out of me. Imam ((عليه السلام).) said that there is no ablution on you until you hear its sound or feel its smell. Then the Imam said: It is Satan who penetrated you to make you skeptical and obsessive.[1]

[1]. «وَ قَالَ عَبْدُ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنُ أَبِی عَبْدِ اللَّهِ لِلصَّادِقِ ع أَجِدُ الرِّیحَ فِی بَطْنِی حَتَّى أَظُنَّ أَنَّهَا قَدْ خَرَجَتْ فَقَالَ لَیْسَ عَلَیْکَ وُضُوءٌ حَتَّى تَسْمَعَ الصَّوْتَ أَوْ تَجِدَ الرِّیحَ ثُمَّ قَالَ إِنَّ إِبْلِیسَ یَجْلِسُ بَیْنَ أَلْیَتَیِ الرَّجُلِ فَیُحْدِثُ لِیُشَکِّکَهُ»؛ ابن بابویه، محمد بن على‏، من لایحضره الفقیه، محقق، مصحح، غفارى، على اکبر، ج 1، ص 62، ح 139، قم، دفتر انتشارات اسلامى، چاپ دوم، 1413ق.
Man la yahduruh al-faqih , v1 , p 62 , H 139

Therefore, it can be seen that according to Imam Sadiq's ((عليه السلام).) explicit statement, this case is an obsession of Satan. Stomach wind invalidates ablution if one of those two signs is present. Either it is accompanied by a sound, or if it does not have a sound, the person can feel its smell; Therefore, there is no need to obsess over this issue.

https://www.islamquest.net/fa/archive/fa22764

• Advanced Member

Imam Khamenei

Q. 128: What is the ruling on the ablution and prayer of a person who has a small amount of wind coming out of him one after another?

A: If he cannot maintain his ablution until the end of the prayer and it is very difficult for him to renew his ablution during the prayer, he can pray one prayer with each ablution, that is, he is satisfied with one ablution for each prayer, even though his ablution is invalid in the middle of the prayer. 

Ayatollah Makarem Shirazi

Your duty is to perform ablution and start praying immediately, and if something goes out in the middle of the prayer, do not pay attention and pray your prayer, Allah willing, it will be correct. Even if you do not leave a long gap between two prayers, you can perform both prayers with the same ablution.

Question 335- Those who have such a disease, if they can be treated easily, it is obligatory to treat them, and if they do not, it is a problem for them.

Issue 336- After recovery, those who are suffering from such an illness are not required to make up the prayers they performed during the illness according to the above instructions, but if they recover before the end of the prayer time, they must repeat the remaining prayers (according to obligatory precaution). ).

https://hadana.ir/وضو-و-نماز-در-صورت-خروج-پی-در-پی-باد-معده/