Can we align mitochondrial Eve with Hazrat Hawa AS

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Aslam o Alaikum

The same new Muslim here 

My question is can we align metochondrial eve with Hazrat Hawa AS 

It is scientifically proven that today humans have same DNA that she did 

But she might have lived 200000 years ago 

Even those who deny religion believe that she actually is our common mother even though other women might have existed but she can be called out common mother 

JazakAllah khair

• Advanced Member

Ws.

There's some holes in that narrative.

The Mitochondrial Eve is handed down from the mother to the offspring, so that means that all humans, alive or dead, share a common genetic expression, as our 'Mitchondrial Eve'. It's not the first or the only female that we can trace our heritage back to, it's simply the most recent common mtDNA that we inherit from our mothers. So with that said, I don't think this really offers any legitimacy to the Biblical/Islamic Eve (Hawa). I mean, homosapiens have existed for somewhere around 250,000-300,000 years, but the cognitive revolution - the point where humans started to behave very differently in terms of culture, art, and language - only occured about 70,000 years ago. So how Adam and Eve fit into this picture is something that we aren't entirely sure about. 

Edited by khizarr