In the Name of God بسم الله

A friend of mine just left Islam

Rate this topic

Guest Muhammad Rafeh

Guest Muhammad Rafeh

Salam O alaikum before i begin i belong to Sunni sect i hope you guys are fine with it a shia friend of mine asked me to post this here and he too uses this platform. I did went to a Sunni platform but they ignored and didn't really answer me 

Kindly approve this post its important 

So we were 4 friends we study in a university in MICHIGAN and we were studying comparative religion there 

So recently 2 days ago we met this friend of ours. Infact he planned this Meetup saying he wanted to tell us some news we didn't know what he was wanted to tell until he openly confessed of leaving Islam 

He didn't stop there but said this religion is just mythology and copied from paganism and Christianity and Judaism

He opened up research papers saying that Islam just took the 7 heaven ideology from old sumerian religion. And Noahs flood hell heaven ideology animal sacrifice ideology from them.

We did answer him by saying that this religion is not the oldest religion and most our prophets were sent to this region so what if they got this ideology from us! He denied accepting and Said 'this is not just the explanation and if what you say is correct then prove their existence? Why don't these sumerian also say that the guy who told us all this was a monotheist" 

After this debate and he denied listening to his he further added "Quran says universe and Earth were converged into a single mass before being split apart where is big bang here while Quran says they existed before BigBang"

He kept on talking and now the place we were sitting people around us started looking at us this was when i wanted to hit him in his face but i couldn't he kept on talking and laughing taunting Quran saying it has dumb myths Allah has sent down a book of myths (may allah forgive me) where a guy survives in belly of a whale and a virgin gives birth to a child make no sense 

We didn't further talk to him boycotted him and left that place right away 

Posting this here i have reasons

A friend of mine has started having doubts after this Meetup soo he is right now following this post for answers 

I have seen many Muslims loosing faith because of this reason 

How are we gonna tackle it 

And whats you take on this situation 

JazakAllah khair 

• Advanced Member

Ah yes.. one those those guys who watched a few YouTube videos, and suddenly became an instant expert. 

I'm sorry anout your experience, I've had similar things happen to me.

If he just stopped believing one could still be someone's friend, but not if they are going try and belittle your beliefs. 

Guest Muhammad Rafeh
1 hour ago, HzAbbas said:

Ah yes.. one those those guys who watched a few YouTube videos, and suddenly became an instant expert. 

I'm sorry anout your experience, I've had similar things happen to me.

If he just stopped believing one could still be someone's friend, but not if they are going try and belittle your beliefs. 

Thank god this post got approved guys a friend of mine has doubts he needs help

I wanted you to help him out 

He debated with him and ended up having doubts

Do you how can i can help him out 

JazakAllah khair

• Advanced Member
20 hours ago, Guest Muhammad Rafeh said:

Allah has sent down a book of myths (may allah forgive me) where a guy survives in belly of a whale and a virgin gives birth to a child make no sense 

رُبَمَا يَوَدُّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا لَوْ كَانُوا مُسْلِمِينَ

15:2) Often will those who disbelieve wish that they had been Muslims.

ذَرْهُمْ يَأْكُلُوا وَيَتَمَتَّعُوا وَيُلْهِهِمُ الْأَمَلُ ۖ فَسَوْفَ يَعْلَمُونَ

15:3) Leave them that they may eat and enjoy themselves and (that) hope may beguile them, for they will soon know.

22 minutes ago, Guest Muhammad Rafeh said:

Do you how can i can help him out 

Advise him to join shia chat and ask his questions & about his doubts.

Wassalam!!

Guest Muhammad Rafeh
1 hour ago, Cool said:

رُبَمَا يَوَدُّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا لَوْ كَانُوا مُسْلِمِينَ

15:2) Often will those who disbelieve wish that they had been Muslims.

ذَرْهُمْ يَأْكُلُوا وَيَتَمَتَّعُوا وَيُلْهِهِمُ الْأَمَلُ ۖ فَسَوْفَ يَعْلَمُونَ

15:3) Leave them that they may eat and enjoy themselves and (that) hope may beguile them, for they will soon know.

Advise him to join shia chat and ask his questions & about his doubts.

Wassalam!!

I have asked them to join this chat ASAP kindly help them out as they are having doubts already 

• Basic Members

Bismillaahir rahmaanir rahim.

As salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh. Im a white american male of christian origin. My mother converted to sunni islaam when i was 9 yrs old then marryied a practicing sunni muslim pakistani. My muslim step father raised me to practice islaam but i didnt accept it til i was 14 yrs old after having my first palestinian muslim friend for a yr. Having a muslim friend made me actually start investigating the holy quran. Reading the abdullah yusuf ali translation, listening to shaikh yusuf estes and dr zakir naik convinced me that the noble quran is %100 the only known complete book of God almighty. Meeting my first pakistani shia friend in high school, reading a shia encylopedia and watching sayed ammar nakshawanis lectures convinced me that the jaafari school of thought is the closest to prophet Muhmmad peace be upon him and his family. I love islaam. Even though i read ayatullah yazdis commentary of the glorious quran and become so enpowered by it, i am still surrounded by non muslims; there is no mosque in my town and no imam baargah in hundreds of miles so i get doubts sometimes when i see my christian families and friends recieve Gods gifts; sometimes christian arguments seem alluring until i go back to the grand quran where i find no contradictions and inrefutable claims by that most interesting of books. Im sorry to write so much, thank you if you gave me your time in reading this. My whole point to this is that the best evidence i found to always come back to islaam is the holy quran. Use that excellent book to bring people to or back to islaam. After they come to the holy quran, let them figure out how to get to Muhammad peace be upon him and his family.

Allahumma salli ala muhammad wa aali muhammad.

Wa aakhiru dawana anil hamdu lillaahi rabbil aalamin

• Veteran Member

Salam, maybe you could specify and number which points are bringing your friend the most doubt so that it is easier for others to respond.

Also maybe you and the friend with doubt could have a logical discussion starting from the obvious questions such as Who created the first particles to become the big bang? How is everything around us in such perfect order and design?