In the Name of God بسم الله

I am sick of life

• Advanced Member

Hi

For this times you can read one supplication randomly from

Sahifa Sajjadia - Psalms of Islam (duas.org)

• Basic Members
On 9/14/2022 at 5:22 PM, Dawid Das said:

I got a mental illness that sees reality twisted once in a while. I don't know why I want to see things normal like everyone but I just can't. Sometimes I calm down and everything seems to become normal but when I am in

a bad situation then the mental illness is awakened again

If you don’t mind me asking, Is it depersonalisation/derealisation? 

• Advanced Member

Salam brother, remember to pray for Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) for the reappearance of Imam mahdi (عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف). I use to wish death upon myself when I no longer can take it but then I remember that I want to meet with Imam mahdi (عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف), so then I start apologizing to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and then I start praying for the reappearance of Imam mahdi (عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف).

• Advanced Member
49 minutes ago, Diaz said:

Salam brother, remember to pray for Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) for the reappearance of Imam mahdi (عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف). I use to wish death upon myself when I no longer can take it but then I remember that I want to meet with Imam mahdi (عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف), so then I start apologizing to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and then I start praying for the reappearance of Imam mahdi (عجّل الله تعالى فرجه الشريف).

you were mentally ill too?

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Dawid Das said:

you were mentally ill too?

I don’t know brother. I am stressed a lot tho. 

• Advanced Member
On 9/14/2022 at 12:22 PM, Dawid Das said:

I got a mental illness that sees reality twisted once in a while. I don't know why I want to see things normal like everyone but I just can't. Sometimes I calm down and everything seems to become normal but when I am in

You are not alone bro. The thing which I want to say is that try to avoid places where you think that the illness is awakened. You are the only person who know your illness. Also try to consult any good psychiatrist.

• Advanced Member

I'm not going to pretend i know what you are going through.

But don't isolate yourself, talk about your problems - with someone who is trained dealing with these things - and with people you trust. There is no shame admitting or asking for help.

Don't give in. Draw near to God, search for Him and Him alone when the darkness comes. You never know how much you need Him, until He is all you have (speaking from experience). It is then you realize He is all you need.

I will keep you in my prayers. Don't give up.

• Basic Members
16 hours ago, Dawid Das said:

yeah and sometimes voices

My brother, I used to also suffer from DPDR, but I didn’t have voices

one thing I can suggest is if you want to feel like life is normal again in terms of derealisation, the best cure is to pretend everything is normal again. It is a feeling that is fuelled by anxiety.

as for voices, I suggest you seek help from mental health professionals as it is best to go early than late. I will keep you in my prayers for sure 

• Forum Administrators
On 9/14/2022 at 11:45 PM, Ashvazdanghe said:
On 9/15/2022 at 11:51 AM, ShiaChat Mod said:

Brother, @Dawid Das is not a Muslim. Can he recite a Muslim dua? 

Maybe #54 Removal of Worries. 

• Advanced Member
On 9/14/2022 at 11:22 AM, Dawid Das said:

First of all always seek Professional help in these situations, and try to find practitioners who try cognitive, behavioral and psychological strategies before jumping into psychopharmacology, which definitely has a role and can work as well.

Also if they are familiar with natural mood stabilizers , like light therapy for depression and anxiety, and natural remedies,  then you are very blessed to have found the right person. 

There is some very interesting research going on with neurotransmitters being effected by gut bacteria and the Gut microbiome and how this can cause neuropsycholgical and neuropsychiatric effects.

In fact we now think of the gut and microbiome as an organ with its own blood supply,  neurological ennervation, all the same neurotransmitters in the brain are also at work in the Gut, and can be regulated as well.

FMT, fecal microbiota transplant Is now considered like an organ transplant with similar effects on illnesses and medical issues. In fact it has been now used to cure some maladies.

This , like most illnesses , as I believe,  is a test from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).

He tests your sabr( translated best as forbearance and perserverance) , Eman, and hope in his Shifaa...among other things.

Don't lose hope, that's the whispering of Shaytan...he wants you lose hope ....so you turn away from God.

Try to mix with GODLY people,  people who push you to pray and think of Allah and become Muttaqi and follow the right path.

As I remember brother David, you took a long path to get here, appreciate how far you have made it so far.

There is a community here of caring brothers and sisters who wish for healing for you and have offered some great advice, don't be afraid to get healed....and as ALLAH (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has said,  for every illness there is a cure.

Also I  regards to tests of faith , remember Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) makes the hardest for those he cares about the most,  Our prophet, Imam Husain, Hadrat Fatema, and all our Masoomeen were loved incredibly,  but often had to go thru the most difficult of tests.

When he tests you, he also gives you cheat codes ( figuratively) and help to pass the test and then the reward for such a test is beyond your imagination.

Stay strong brother,  you will pass and conquer,  I am confident in Allah's (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) Rahma and Karimaat.

Edited by Hasani Samnani

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Window
On 9/14/2022 at 12:22 AM, Dawid Das said:

I’m so sorry to hear that. 

The Imam (عليه السلام) and Isa (عليه السلام) will come soon, don’t be sad. 

• Advanced Member
On 9/14/2022 at 8:22 AM, Dawid Das said:

its important you get yourself diagnosed by a psychiatrist to know what exactly you're dealing with. 

• Veteran Member

Salam,

If Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) stops the "rizq" to a person, he/she will die.  As long as a person still alive, the rizq is still flowing to him.  While still alive... in the heart, take the opportunity to thank Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) as much as we can, send blessings to the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) and his Family (عليه السلام), eagerly waiting to serve Imam Mahdi (عليه السلام).  The rest, try our best to live on and trust Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to steer our life.  If Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is with us, there is nothing to worry about.  Life in world is so short, the afterlife is forever. I hope it will calm down our mindset.

Wallahuaalam