In the Name of God بسم الله

HM Queen Elizabeth [Official Thread]

Rate this topic

Haji 2003

• Forum Administrators

The Queen is under medical supervision at Balmoral after doctors became concerned for her health, Buckingham Palace has said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62836057

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

She's died.

Please brother, why the title Her Majesty?

Really, of all people, you?

I'll give you benefit of the doubt since you live there or it's for PR reasons.

But be careful not to jump on the bandwagon.

Condolences to Yasir Al-Habib and Ammar Nakshawani on the passing of their lord, Queen Elizabeth II.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN ALLAH 

IMG_20220908_225003_617.jpg

• Advanced Member

SHE'S DEAD! FINALLY!

Alhamdulillahirrabillaalameen for this incredible day. Best day of 2022 other than Russia's invasion of Ukraine. 

May she burn in the depths of Jahannam and suffer in the same way that she caused millions to suffer.

This is an eid for all Muslims.

• Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, Laayla said:

^You might be censored because it is a hot topic event.

This has happened to me before.

So I thought the picture of her next to the fireplace was a safe picture.

Sorry I just gotta let out all my joy, you know?

Imagine how many people the Queen could have saved, though. The US killed one and a half million Iraqis in the war...if the Queen had just taken 2 minutes to tell them to withdraw, she could have saved all those lives. But no, she's perfectly fine sitting around in her golden carriage, which could probably feed all of Yemen, while the Great Satan is slaughtering innocent children. 

• Advanced Member

I was shocked to see the news. She passed away peacefully at 96. She sadly never got to live to 100 or even past that. As a Canadian, I saw her at the back of every coin, penny, dime, nickel, quarter, loony, and toonie before my lifetime and during my lifetime. They're gonna change the design at the back for King Charles III. 

Edited by ShiaOfMahdi

• Forum Administrators
5 minutes ago, -Rejector- said:

.if the Queen had just taken 2 minutes to tell them to withdraw, she could have saved all those lives

She does not have that power. The British monarch is just a figurehead.

• Veteran Member

@-Rejector-

People will look at her with empathy as an old woman, with a warm smile.

They don't understand the evil she has committed during her reign.

That's what upset me with Ammar, like you can have 20 PhD and you still don't understand what the British empire did to your country, Iraq and the Iraqi people.  

He makes me gag.

• Advanced Member
9 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

Constitutionally she can't do it.

Not her herself, but she could have easily brought it up. This would force the British parliament to at least acknowledge it. Even if she herself was unable to directly stop the killings, she could have indirectly done so because of her command for respect.

• Forum Administrators
36 minutes ago, -Rejector- said:

Not her herself, but she could have easily brought it up. This would force the British parliament to at least acknowledge it. Even if she herself was unable to directly stop the killings, she could have indirectly done so because of her command for respect.

You are just making this up as you go along Bro. Stop digging.

• Moderators

And the companions of Paradise will call out to the companions of the Fire, "We have already found what our Lord promised us to be true. Have you found what your Lord promised to be true?" They will say, "Yes." Then an announcer will announce among them, "The curse of Allah shall be upon the wrongdoers."  Qur'an 7:44

• Advanced Member
5 hours ago, Mahdavist said:

While I think it makes sense to highlight the colonial/imperial past of what the British royal family represents,  expressions of joy and excitement at her death seem childish, petty and inconsistent with the teachings of Islam. 

Furthermore this idea that she decided which wars were fought (or anything for that matter) is incorrect. 

At the same time I find the reaction of the people mourning her also unusual,  because she was mainly irrelevant as far as Muslims are concerned.

All in all it's a non-topic

There isn't really a basis for this. One should be happy for the death of disbelieving tyrants as it is a ni'mah (blessing) and fadheela from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).

There are many examples in the Qur'an and the hadiths of Duas against the unbelievers and the oppressors from the Awliyah (عليه السلام), and hoping for their annihilation.

For example, Nuh (عليه السلام), at the end of Surat Nuh, prayed for Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to not keep one disbeliever on the face of the Earth, which is what ended up happening with the floods. Should Nuh (عليه السلام) not be happy with the acceptance of his Du'a? 

Another example is that Imam Ali ibn Al-Husayn (عليه السلام) in more than one report is said to have prostrated in thanks to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) when the news or proof of the killing of Ubayd illah ibn Ziyad (la) had reached him. In a hadith by Al-Sadiq (عليه السلام), the women of Bani Hashim are said to have not combed their hair until the Mukhtar sent the heads of the killers of Al-Husayn (عليه السلام) to them.

This is a form of bara'ah from the enemies of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), to rejoice when Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) takes the soul of tyrants.

And for those who are arguing that this woman did not command the British armies that killed the innocents, invaded the Muslim lands and spread corruption on Earth, that may be true, but she was pleased with their works, and in our reliable hadiths, whoever is pleased with the works of a people is among them.

This is how she "honoured" her British troops for their "successful" invasion of Iraq:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/queen-salutes-her-troops/

• Forum Administrators
12 hours ago, Laayla said:

I'll keep it real, factual, and report her crimes.

You then go on to post a claim that certain Crown Jewels belong to her. They don't. They belong to the British state. Still obviously stolen and there's obviously a great deal wrong with the monarchy. But the criticism is weakened when people use arguments that are false.

• Forum Administrators
41 minutes ago, Ibn Tayyar said:

One should be happy for the death of disbelieving tyrants as it is a ni'mah (blessing) and fadheela from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).

Can a figurehead be a tyrant? Bear in mind her 'powers' are not that of an American President or indeed those of the Arab monarchies.

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Haji 2003 said:

You then go on to post a claim that certain Crown Jewels belong to her. They don't. They belong to the British state. Still obviously stolen and there's obviously a great deal wrong with the monarchy. But the criticism is weakened when people use arguments that are false.

Bismehe Ta3ala 

Assalam Alikum Brother Hajj and Jouma mubaraqa.

A simple search on Wikipedia shows the owner is Elizabeth II, as of yesterday.

Today, it says Charles III.

Do you need an article from the Financial Times to confirm that the Great Star of Africa was owned by Elizabeth?

If not, does this suffice?

https://www.firstpost.com/world/queen-elizabeth-ii-passes-away-calls-grow-for-return-of-crown-jewels-to-india-africa-11216161.html

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN ALLAH 

Screenshot_20220909-133021_Chrome.jpg

• Forum Administrators
42 minutes ago, Laayla said:

A simple search on Wikipedia shows the owner is Elizabeth II, as of yesterday.

Today, it says Charles III.

If you read closely it says that it is held by them 'in right of the Crown', do you know what that means?

• Moderators

What people need to understand is that the Taghuti (holders of immoral authority) structure in the West always has two faces. You have the nice face, which is supposed to draw people toward that power, and the mean face which is supposed to discourage people from disobeying that power. Queen Elizabeth was the nice face of the Taghuti structure, but she was still part of that structure, and she was the top of it. This is a fact, which no intelligent person can deny. The Taghuti structure would not work without both a nice face and a mean face. If they weren't both there, people , all the people, would realize what the true nature of this structure is, and it only exists because it's true nature is hidden and not apparent, to most people. These two faces are two faces of the same coin. 

At the same time, I haven't said much about this, beside that because I really don't want to offend any British people on this site (and I know there are alot of them) who consider the Queen as a symbol of their country and part of their National identity and look up to her for that reason. To those brothers and sisters, I would say you should reconsider what your identity is based on. If you are Muslim/a, you are that before you are anything else and if there is a conflict between that identity and some other identity, the other identity should be discarded, at least at the points where it conflicts with your identity as a Muslim/a. I don't wish any harm on the British people, and I hope they get thru this transition period in a good way that benefits the general society. That is basically all I have to say on the subject. Just as a reminder, insulting the Queen in a way that would damage the feelings and sentiments of our British brothers and sisters is not keeping with the best Islamic aklaq. It is better to just say the facts, as they speack for themselves. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

• Forum Administrators
10 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

I really don't want to offend any British people on this site

Speaking for myself I have no issue with criticism of institutions and people with agency.

In the specific case of this lady, who if her uncle had not abdicated would most likely have been an aristocratic housewife, my problem is that she was probably not the sharpest tool in the box:

According to Mr Rose’s diary, Prince Philip, in front of the “party of officials” accompanying them, told the monarch: “Haven’t you the intelligence to realise…” 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1035243/the-queen-news-prince-philip-queen-elizabeth-ii-royal-family-news

And honestly I can't remember for the entire period of her reign that I've been conscious of world events that she ever said anything unscripted that was mildly incisive.

Notwithstanding @Ibn Tayyar post above, I find it hard to judge someone who seemed to be of quite basic intelligence.

The same cannot be said of the new King. He is a Cambridge graduate and has clear principles e.g. about the environment and does not hesitate to voice them. Which makes his support for Arab regimes all the more hypocritical.

By the same logic I am inclined to be far more generous towards G.W.Bush than say Tony Blair, for the invasion of Iraq.