In the Name of God بسم الله

What are you grateful for?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam,

Haven't posted a thread in a while, but I thought of opening up a topic related to gratitude.

What are some of the things that you're truly greatful for? And how do you practice gratitude, from an islamic pov?

Feel free to share some narrations on gratitude.

fee amanillah

• Advanced Member

May Almighty Lord count us among His grateful servants. 

This feeling of gratefulness has its own sweetness. Imagine for a while what we are feeling, is an expression of the uncountable blessings given to us by the Supreme Being. Nothing could fulfill the right of thankfulness except our remembrance of Him and our feeling of being grateful. 

I am just grateful to you O Lord for the blessings which I cannot count. I want to remain conscious of Your presence and want to be under Your mercy which has enveloped everything. 

• Advanced Member

أَبِی ره عَنْ سَعْدِ بْنِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ عَنِ الْفَضْلِ بْنِ عَامِرٍ عَنْ مُوسَی بْنِ الْقَاسِمِ عَنْ صَفْوَانَ بْنِ یَحْیَی عَنِ الْهَیْثَمِ بْنِ وَاقِدٍ قَالَ سَمِعْتُ أَبَا عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ع قَالَ: مَا أَنْعَمَ اللَّهُ عَلَی عَبْدٍ بِنِعْمَهٍ بَالِغَهً مَا بَلَغَتْ فَحَمِدَ اللَّهَ عَلَیْهَا إِلَّا کَانَ حَمْدُهُ لِلَّهِ أَفْضَلَ مِنْ تِلْکَ النِّعْمَهِ وَ أَعْظَمَ وَ أَوْزَنَ

Abi Rah from Sa’d Ibn Abdillah from al-Fadl Ibn Amir from Musa Ibn al-Qasim from Safwan Ibn Yahya from al-Haysam Ibn Waqid who said I heard Aba Abdillah (a) who said:

“If Allah has given His slave great bounties then if he praises Allah for those bounties this praise is better and heavier than that bounty.”

(Source: Sawab al-Amal -> Reward of praising Allah for bounties, Hadeeth #1)

حَدَّثَنِی مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ الْحَسَنِ عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ الْحَسَنِ الصَّفَّارِ عَنْ أَحْمَدَ بْنِ أَبِی عَبْدِ اللَّهِ عَنْ مَنْصُورِ بْنِ الْعَبَّاسِ عَنْ سَعِیدِ بْنِ جَنَاحٍ قَالَ حَدَّثَنِی أَبُو مَشْعَرٍ عَنْ أَبِی عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ع قَالَ: مَنْ قَالَ إِذَا أَصْبَحَ أَرْبَعَ مَرَّاتٍ الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ رَبِّ الْعالَمِینَ فَقَدْ أَدَّی شُکْرَ یَوْمِهِ وَ مَنْ قَالَهَا إِذَا أَمْسَی فَقَدْ أَدَّی شُکْرَ لَیْلَتِهِ

It was narrated to me by Mohammad Ibn al-Hasan from Mohammad Ibn al-Hasan al-Saffar from Ahmed Ibn Abi Abdillah from Mansour Ibn al-Abbas from Sa’eed Ibn Janah who said it was narrated to me by Abu Mash’ar from Abi Abdillah (a) who said:

"Whoever says 'All praise belongs to Allah, Lord of all the worlds' [alhamdulillahi rabbil alameen] four times every morning has, without any doubt, thanked for this day. And one who says it in the night has thanked for that night."

(Source: Sawab al-Amal -> Reward of saying Alhamdulillaahi rabbila’alameen four times, Hadeeth #1)

• Veteran Member

I am grateful for Shaheed Ibrahim Hadi for changing my life. I read his book at the beginning of the year and since then, the fog has lifted. Everything is so much clearer now. Things make sense. Life makes sense. And I thank Allah for the honor of letting me know him. 

• Advanced Member
17 hours ago, ireallywannaknow said:

I am grateful for Shaheed Ibrahim Hadi for changing my life. I read his book at the beginning of the year and since then, the fog has lifted. Everything is so much clearer now. Things make sense. Life makes sense. And I thank Allah for the honor of letting me know him. 

is there a link to his book?

• Veteran Member

Salam,

I am grateful because i have to read surah Al-Fatiha on daily basis.  It opens up new perspectives in the way i have to face life everytime i read it.  We start the surah (after Bismillah..), by thanking Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) because of His Attributes.  Then we have to be with Rasulullah(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) and His Ahlulbayt(عليه السلام)  and not with those Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has forbid us to associate with, in our journey to return to Allah's (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) Mercy. 

With the Opening Surah (al Fatiha)...enable me to live and be grateful.

Wallahualam 

Edited by layman

• Veteran Member
14 hours ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

is there a link to his book?

I'm not sure where you live but there is an online bookseller in the UK (house of taha) and one in the US (al buraq) that I know sells the book. 

Here is the goodreads link to it with info and reviews: https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/45316587-peace-be-upon-ibrahim