In the Name of God بسم الله

What do you think? Please guide me and pray for me.

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam alaikom brother Hussain

What a difficult trial. 

I wouldn't know how to help you, I think contacting a Sheikh would be the best move. If you have a local Sheikh, go to him for guidance.

If you can't for whatever reason, just talk anyone. Your parents, your friends, your teachers, etc. You'd be surprised how much stress is relieved when two people are working on the problem instead of one. 

If you want to contact a Sheikh online, you can download this app: https://atwk.app/

It allows you to privately talk to various Sheikhs such as Sayed Mohammad Baqir Al-Qazwini, Sheikh Mohammad Al-Hilli, Sayed Saleh Al-Qazwini, and many more.

But I would insist on consulting a family member or close friend.

And on top of all this, keep making dua. Here are some duas and rituals for stress and worries: http://www.duas.org/worries.htm

Sorry if this doesn't help. May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) bless you and your family and grant you Jannat al-Firdaus. 

• Moderators

My duas for your health.  

In addition to the advice above,  you might want to talk with a doctor or counselor to be evaluated for a medical issue in your mind and body.  

• Advanced Member

Looks like clinical anxiety disorder, akhi. You'll be needing medical attention. I am a fellow traveller, so I'd advice you to see a professional as soon as possible. 

You'll win this one with proper diagnosis and treatment. Don't worry. 

Wassalam. 

• Advanced Member
On 8/25/2022 at 3:30 PM, HussainAli1983 said:

But what happened a week ago is that I read and think about death very deeply( I am a Muslim). On a night I felt this feeling that my soul is going to leave my body ( I dont think it was an out of body experience or anything) and felt that it was in my hand that if I wanted to just pass away or stay alive.

Brother, when you think too much about an issue which gives you horrors or fears, you get stressed. I would suggest you to change your routine like you were before try to divert your mind by watching movies, reading books, playing games and do not worry yourself by thinking about death or creating illusion in your mind about death which are unreal because doing that will make it more worse. In short, you have to let go thinking about issue which causes you stress. 

I can say myself a deep thinker too. But sometimes you have to put this ability of thinking deeply aside because I was also struck by stress and I didn't let go thinking about it and it got me more sick. 

If you cannot let go these thoughts, get an appointment to a psychiatrist before it gets worse.

• Advanced Member

As someone above has mentioned, this might be a textbook case for anxiety disorder. I've had similar experiences since I was a teenager; sinking feelings of panic, anxiety and, especially, a distinct kind of 'numbness' and 'loss' that you described in your post. I struggle with major depression and carry a whole history of ADHD coupled with dyslexia. I won the lottery, didn't I. The best and most practical advice would be to see a doctor, and make sure you look up what others have to say about them before you go for your consultation. In the meantime, just give yourself time to heal, as that is about the best gift you can give yourself. 

You'll get through this. Sending prayers your way, young buck.

Edited by khizarr