In the Name of God بسم الله

advice for financial hardships

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

AOA, I'm in desperate need for advice on duas, ammal, or supplications etc... I can preform to help my finances. I'm the sole breadwinner with two young children and am riddled with debt and bills just barely scraping by each month. I have been actively looking for a better paying job for over a year without any success, no plausible explanation, I have a good education lots of experience and work very hard. please advise.

• Advanced Member

Wsalam, if you are highly qualified, keep applying for better paying jobs. Do not stop if they keep refusing you. Make a good resume/cv, that can help. Keep trying for high paid jobs inshallah you will be successful. 

Read Surah Waqia everyday after Maghrib prayer, Inshallah it increases rizk.

Keep reciting Alhamdullillah as much as you can because Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) says if you are thankful I will give you more.

And even if you are struggling start giving charity... it comes back double. I know it is really hard when you can hardly manage but its a tested method, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) says do business with me... that is when we help people in need.

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and Ahle bait AS make it easier for all of us Inshallah ameen sum ameen 

• Veteran Member

recite "Ya Razaqo" 308 times after fajr on Thu or Fri (I forgot the exact day).

recite salah-e-layl

give sadaqa

After every prayer, pray that Allah gives sufficient that you can give khums, go to hajj and ziarah inshallah.

• Forum Administrators
Posted (edited)

Salam. Recite Ayat al-Kursi before a meeting with someone (teacher, professor, mentor, etc.) or before an interview for a new job. InShaAllah you will be successful. 

Edited by Hameedeh
Salam

• Basic Members
On 8/18/2022 at 12:24 AM, Mahdavist said:

Wa alaikum as salam

-Make a list of your expenses 

-Evaluate which ones are necessary and which ones can live without 

-Evaluate how the necessary ones can be reduced (lower rent, cheaper groceries etc)

-Continue the process until your expenses drop below your income

Budgeting has been done to the maximum extent possible, hence why I am specifically seeking supplications, recitations etc...

• Moderators

Been there.  You've got my empathy.  

Ask for help.  

Evaluate the pros and cons of your spouse working (perhaps temporarily). 

Eliminate all luxuries, for example tea or coffee.  

Cut out meat.  You only need it once per month,  and it's expensive.  Halal meat is even more expensive.  Learn to cook cheap.  Beans and rice are versatile.  

If you have young children,  see if your community has Headstart. Even if your children don't need preschool,  they can connect you with other community resources,  including diapers or formula,  utility assistance,  food bank,  and even home or vehicle repairs and maintenance.  

Call your local department of social services to find out which programs you can benefit from.