In the Name of God بسم الله

Is there any chance of repentance for me?

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

As Salamu Alaikum

I have fallen into the sin of disbelieving. I was born into a shia family and I left Islam (Astaghfur allah) for 3 years. I realized my errors and badly want to come back being a muslim and worship Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and be a follower of Ahlul Albayt (عليه السلام).

I just am so lost regarding what to do. Will Allah even accept me? What about the ramadans and mandatory prayers I did not do during the period of my disbelief? Please if anyone can help me.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, kadhim said:

Pretty much any Islamic thinker would agree that believing you are somehow beyond God’s forgiveness is a bigger sin than pretty much anything else. 

He's 100% correct , In fact such a belief is considered a form of shirk.

• Veteran Member
8 hours ago, SeekingRepentance said:

As Salamu Alaikum

I have fallen into the sin of disbelieving. I was born into a shia family and I left Islam (Astaghfur allah) for 3 years. I realized my errors and badly want to come back being a muslim and worship Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and be a follower of Ahlul Albayt (عليه السلام).

I just am so lost regarding what to do. Will Allah even accept me? What about the ramadans and mandatory prayers I did not do during the period of my disbelief? Please if anyone can help me.

If Hz Hur (عليه السلام) can be accepted, why not you?

Start by the daily prayers and you will find Allah's grace welcoming you back 

• Basic Members

Thank you everyone. Yes, indeed I cannot give up on the mercy of allah. Hopefully I can be on the side of Imam Mahdi in the end of days.

With that being said, I am afraid I may go back to my past. I am fighting these doubtful thoughts almost every day. I want to completely get rid of them, but as much as I try I cannot seem to do it.

• Advanced Member
On 8/15/2022 at 12:56 AM, SeekingRepentance said:

As Salamu Alaikum

Salam alaikom

As long as your repentance is sincere, Allah forgives all sins. Don't lose hope in Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). Despair of Allah's mercy is the greatest sin after shirk. 

قُلْ يَا عِبَادِيَ الَّذِينَ أَسْرَفُوا عَلَىٰ أَنْفُسِهِمْ لَا تَقْنَطُوا مِنْ رَحْمَةِ اللَّهِ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ جَمِيعًا ۚ إِنَّهُ هُوَ الْغَفُورُ الرَّحِيمُ

Say [that Allah declares,] ‘O My servants who have committed excesses against their own souls, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Indeed Allah will forgive all sins. Indeed, He is the All-forgiving, the All-merciful. [39:53]

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, SeekingRepentance said:

Thank you everyone. Yes, indeed I cannot give up on the mercy of allah. Hopefully I can be on the side of Imam Mahdi in the end of days.

With that being said, I am afraid I may go back to my past. I am fighting these doubtful thoughts almost every day. I want to completely get rid of them, but as much as I try I cannot seem to do it.

Once you accept that the all the sins of humanity since the day god created Adam (عليه السلام) to this day and to judgement day are not even a drop in the infinate ocean of Allahs (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) mercy. Your struggles are the struggles of everyone. Its better to struggle and find your way than give-up on yourself.

Salam, good luck

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, SeekingRepentance said:

With that being said, I am afraid I may go back to my past. I am fighting these doubtful thoughts almost every day. I want to completely get rid of them, but as much as I try I cannot seem to do 

Alsalam Alaikum,

You shall deem yourself to be lucky because you did not die in your previous state. You are lucky and Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) likes you so he brought back your faith.

Start reading ziyarah of Ashura once everyday with the aim to keep your imaan intact.

Try to do your prayers and read Quran with translation. Do not force yourself to do all these heavy acts of worshipping because it might feel like a burden. Try to include them all in your life slowly. Keep doing astaghfar and as for your lost prayers and fasts you can start doing Qaza prayers and can pay someone (if you can afford it) for the fasts you have missed.

Always remember that Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) brought you back to the right path so be grateful and never stop believing that Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) forgives all sins.

There is a quote from Imam Ali (عليه السلام). where they say that "I would not be surprised if all the sinners will end up in Jannah for how merciful Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is"

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and Ahle bait AS guide us all to the right path and make us die as believers... Inshallah 

• Basic Members

Thank you everyone and may allah guide us all.

@Ashvazdanghe

I don't find issue in making up my fasts and prayers. The issue I'm trying to find an answer for is "Kaffarah" for not fasting the last 3 ramadans. I follow Ayatollah sistani and I found this on his website (Ruling 1657, point 2): https://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2268/

From my understanding, since I never had the intention to fast then Kaffarah does not apply to me. Am I understanding this correctly?