Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

najaf.org cease their question-answer service.

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

http://najaf.org/english/

As can be seen from the webpage, the 'send questions' option has been done away with. 

There goes my only hope of getting replies within a reasonable time-period down the Thames/Euphrates. :cryhappy:

Why does this always happen!? Why!? Just why!? :cry:

Edited by AbdusSibtayn

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

As can be seen from the webpage, the 'send questions' option has been done away with. 

There goes my only hope of getting replies within a reasonable time-period down the Thames/Euphrates. :cryhappy:

Salam- depending on where you live, find an alim who you could exchange a number with, and have a consistent conversation with him. This way you would have more than a simple Q&A, and you would be able to bounce counter arguments, which would help you gaining more Rushd in your beautiful faith InshAllah. 

• Advanced Member

I have the same problem brother :hahaha:

Anyway there is an app called “Atwk”, you can ask some knowledgeable sheikh over there.

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Irfani313 said:

Salam- depending on where you live, find an alim who you could exchange a number with, and have a consistent conversation with him. This way you would have more than a simple Q&A, and you would be able to bounce counter arguments, which would help you gaining more Rushd in your beautiful faith InshAllah. 

Wassalam, and thanks for taking out the time to respond! 

Principally there can be no problem with this suggestion, but the difficulties involved are practical ones. Such ulama are extremely hard to come by, and most of them seem to be extremely busy and difficult to communicate with. Merely getting access to them seems a feat in and of itself, let alone getting them to spare time to discuss things with oneself. Moreover, the point is to get written fatawa for future reference too. To add to this, since the intent is to get answers from the marja, or someone affiliated with his office, asking another scholar doesn't bring the same ring of conviction/authority with itself. Maybe I demand too much, but these problems are tangible and real for me. 

15 hours ago, Diaz said:

I have the same problem brother :hahaha:

Anyway there is an app called “Atwk”, you can ask some knowledgeable sheikh over there.

Salam, and thanks for taking out the time to respond, brother. I see the point of your suggestion, but what I would look out for was to get answers from the marja's office itself. 

Seems like I will have to rely solely upon sistani.org from now on. 

I am even beginning to have crippling doubts about whether they (i.e. najaf.org) even consider the responses they gave back then, and which I acted upon, to be valid anymore. 

I mean, it feels quite disconcerting to be taken for a ride like that. It feels as if they are taking our shar'i obligations for granted. Atleast they could have given a clarification about this, rather than simply going silent all of a sudden. 

Edited by AbdusSibtayn

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

Basically what this whole series of events has done for me is to open the floodgates  of doubts regarding how the very institution of taqleed/marjaiyyah is functioning, the system of wikala/representation as it is operating today, and the role being played by the mid-to-lower clergy in our times, but that is another discussion. 

Edited by AbdusSibtayn

• Advanced Member
14 hours ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

Salam, and thanks for taking out the time to respond, brother. I see the point of your suggestion, but what I would look out for was to get answers from the marja's office itself. 

Seems like I will have to rely solely upon sistani.org from now on. I

That’s what I do, I just recommend that app if you want to ask someone else.

I always send ask questions to the official site of sayid sistani but they take a lot of time to reply and sometimes they don’t reply. So I started asking some questions to a brother on here, he replies with sources from sayid sistani web.

• Forum Administrators
On 7/2/2022 at 8:11 AM, AbdusSibtayn said:

Salam, Brother. I checked that link (while using my phone) and if you scroll all the way down to the bottom there are numerous phone numbers and email addresses to contact. 

• Advanced Member

Best to have contacts of some local or overseas scholars who have a strong grasp of jurisprudence. Preferably those who have finished their advanced kharij studies in usul/fiqh. 

I've given up on relying on direct fatwa from the office of the maraja cos takes a month for them to reply. I prefer messaging a scholar directly.

• Advanced Member
16 hours ago, Diaz said:

That’s what I do, I just recommend that app if you want to ask someone else.

I always send ask questions to the official site of sayid sistani but they take a lot of time to reply and sometimes they don’t reply. So I started asking some questions to a brother on here, he replies with sources from sayid sistani web.

Please don't think otherwise, brother. I am not disregarding your suggestion by any means. I was just worried and having tons of doubts about things I have been doing in the past 8-9 years because, if you see the other thread I've linked in the second post, my experience has not been exactly smooth, and various scholars have given various opinions over the same think, all claiming that what they said is the marja's opinion. That's why, for purely reliability reasons, I would be after getting direct answers from the marja's office. But now that the things are no more the same, I'll surely consider your suggestion.

3 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

Salam, Brother. I checked that link (while using my phone) and if you scroll all the way down to the bottom there are numerous phone numbers and email addresses to contact. 

Wassalam, sister. I did see that contact info, and that is the catch- they aren't responding to fiqhi (or any) questions anymore through those. :( 

1 hour ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Best to have contacts of some local or overseas scholars who have a strong grasp of jurisprudence. Preferably those who have finished their advanced kharij studies in usul/fiqh. 

I've given up on relying on direct fatwa from the office of the maraja cos takes a month for them to reply. I prefer messaging a scholar directly.

Salam, brother.
Looks like I will also have to take the cue from you and start doing the same, now that the Marja's office is not accessible as much as it should be.
I'll also consider tab'eedh/udool more seriously as a practical solution now, since, as brother @Irfani313 rightly pointed out on the other thread, if a scholar whom we did ruju' to is no longer accessible, doesn't our shar'i obligation shift? That way things will also be more idiot-proof because I wouldn't be relying on just one single marja, waiting for a response to my query that might or even might not come, and be in a limbo acting on ihtiyaat till the answer does come, if at all. As it is I don't believe that we have one single, indisputably aa'lam marja in our age.
Thanks a lot for taking out the time to respond!

• Advanced Member
5 hours ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

Please don't think otherwise, brother. I am not disregarding your suggestion by any means. I was just worried and having tons of doubts about things I have been doing in the past 8-9 years because, if you see the other thread I've linked in the second post, my experience has not been exactly smooth, and various scholars have given various opinions over the same think, all claiming that what they said is the marja's opinion. That's why, for purely reliability reasons, I would be after getting direct answers from the marja's office. But now that the things are no more the same, I'll surely consider your suggestion.

Wassalam, sister. I did see that contact info, and that is the catch- they aren't responding to fiqhi (or any) questions anymore through those. :( 

Salam, brother.
Looks like I will also have to take the cue from you and start doing the same, now that the Marja's office is not accessible as much as it should be.
I'll also consider tab'eedh/udool more seriously as a practical solution now, since, as brother @Irfani313 rightly pointed out on the other thread, if a scholar whom we did ruju' to is no longer accessible, doesn't our shar'i obligation shift? That way things will also be more idiot-proof because I wouldn't be relying on just one single marja, waiting for a response to my query that might or even might not come, and be in a limbo acting on ihtiyaat till the answer does come, if at all. As it is I don't believe that we have one single, indisputably aa'lam marja in our age.
Thanks a lot for taking out the time to respond!

Salam- Agree, please look for a marja’ who you could easily do ruju’ to. Lately Makarem Shirazi’s office has been more available. 

I’ve also found Al-Islam.org Ask the Question link to be particularly helpful. 

https://www.al-islam.org/ask

I would highly recommend to find a scholar who you could exchange the numbers with, and be in conversation. Asking a question, and asking whys and hows, till you have contention is a nice feeling to have. This doesn’t mean that you take this particular alim as your marja, you should still ask him/her to show you the ruling of the marja’, and then let them explain it over.

• Advanced Member

Assalamu alaikum, 

Dear brothers and sisters, 

After what seemed like a lifetime, najaf. org finally responded via their email. 

Sorry for all the rant posts above. 

But one thing that all of you have aptly taught me is to keep backup options open. 

Thanks to one and all! 

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)

Salamun Alaykum,
You can email english@sistani.org as well. I usually email my questions in Persian (farsi@alsistani.org) because they reply much faster. 
However, I'm in Qom so I can ask a teacher or call his office. Ayatollah Sistani isn't my marja' so I rarely need to contact his office unless it's for someone else.

On 7/2/2022 at 5:41 PM, AbdusSibtayn said:

Edited by Ali Mahdi

• Advanced Member
16 hours ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

Assalamu alaikum, 

Dear brothers and sisters, 

After what seemed like a lifetime, najaf. org finally responded via their email. 

Sorry for all the rant posts above. 

But one thing that all of you have aptly taught me is to keep backup options open. 

Thanks to one and all! 

Here you go alhamdolillah.

Also Agha Mehdi (Agha Greg Sowden) who replied above, or someone like him who would agree and has time, could be a good continuous resource for you who you could chat regularly with.

• Advanced Member
13 hours ago, Ali Mahdi said:

Salamun Alaykum,
You can email english@sistani.org as well. I usually email my questions in Persian (farsi@alsistani.org) because they reply much faster. 
However, I'm in Qom so I can ask a teacher or call his office. Ayatollah Sistani isn't my marja' so I rarely need to contact his office unless it's for someone else.

Wa laikum assalam,

I am lost for words to thank you! I will certainly take up your suggestion and try emailing questions in Farsi as well.
Also, if you don't mind, may I ask you whose taqleed you do? And are you in contact with the offices/affiliates of other maraji as well?

Jazakallah khair!

12 hours ago, Irfani313 said:

Here you go alhamdolillah.

Also Agha Mehdi (Agha Greg Sowden) who replied above, or someone like him who would agree and has time, could be a good continuous resource for you who you could chat regularly with.

Thanks again! Will definitely take up your advice!

• Advanced Member
22 hours ago, Ali Mahdi said:

You're welcome.
I do taqlid of Ayatollah Khamenei. You can message his office on WhatsApp too: +98 939 557 0499. 

Thanks a lot, Sheikhna! 

I have one more favour to ask of you, if it's not a problem. If you know or come across someone related to Sheikh Makarem Shirazi (ha) 's office, please do let them know that a lot of sections on his English website, especially the 'Enquiries' section, are not working, and if that can be fixed. That way the English speaking audience will be greatly relieved. 

Guest Abdul

Followers of ayatollah sayed sistani can download this app.

المجيب almojib under lifestyle apps.

The app is endorsed by Sayed Rasheed al Husseini who is a well known Sayed in Iraq, I personally haven't used the app yet but some of my relatives as well as the Sayed himself has recommended it there are people online that can answer your questions.

• Advanced Member
On 7/12/2022 at 3:44 AM, Guest Abdul said:

Followers of ayatollah sayed sistani can download this app.

المجيب almojib under lifestyle apps.

The app is endorsed by Sayed Rasheed al Husseini who is a well known Sayed in Iraq, I personally haven't used the app yet but some of my relatives as well as the Sayed himself has recommended it there are people online that can answer your questions.

Assalam alaik, 

Thanks akhi. 

• Veteran Member

aYATIK

On 7/10/2022 at 7:00 PM, AbdusSibtayn said:

Thanks a lot, Sheikhna! 

I have one more favour to ask of you, if it's not a problem. If you know or come across someone related to Sheikh Makarem Shirazi (ha) 's office, please do let them know that a lot of sections on his English website, especially the 'Enquiries' section, are not working, and if that can be fixed. That way the English speaking audience will be greatly relieved. 

Ayatollah Makarem's office has an English-language WhatsApp number: +989373006220.
If you message them, you can be put on a list and they send you messages about ahkam and Islamic occasions. 

Ayatollah Khamenei's office has a group too. You can join by messaging the number I sent a few days ago.

• Advanced Member
10 hours ago, Ali Mahdi said:

aYATIK

Ayatollah Makarem's office has an English-language WhatsApp number: +989373006220.
If you message them, you can be put on a list and they send you messages about ahkam and Islamic occasions. 

Ayatollah Khamenei's office has a group too. You can join by messaging the number I sent a few days ago.

Thanks a lot Agha! 

• Advanced Member
On 7/2/2022 at 9:11 AM, AbdusSibtayn said:

Wait. What?

Isn’t that their job?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Veteran Member

Najaf.org still answers questions through email and phone scroll down on the site for their info:

You can contact the representative of His Eminence G.A Seestani, Seyed Murtadha Kashmiri on:
+44 77 67 25 72 89
+971 5045 22 118

Contacting Najaf.org specifically:

• +44 20 8459 8164
    +44 20 8451 1619
  • post@najaf.org
    arabic@najaf.org
    english@najaf.org

Family Affairs:

+44 75 00 01 83 16
family@najaf.org

But I have always used Sistani.org or Sistani's representative in any country in the world to get answers. They have plenty of offices in all languages,