Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

When to pray after never ending bleeding on birth controll?

Guest Bob the builder

Guest Bob the builder

Hi i really need some help ive visited 100 websites and each one says a different thing,

So my situation is ive had to go on the mini pill (birth controll) due to extremely painful periods, this worked great but after 3 months ive started continuously bleeding for about over 2 weeks now, my issue is i dont know when is the time im supposed to pray again, ive began praying already as ive heard women shouldnt leave their prayers over 15 days, however some websites say as this isnt a natural period you should pray regardless even when you see blood, other sites say you should not pray for the time your normal period is for example 7 days and then resume praying after that, i feel too embarrassed to ask anyone in person so i would really appreciate any advice or help! Thankyou so much

• Moderators

It's 10 days:

Ruling 438. Ḥayḍ cannot last for less than three days or for more than ten days; if bleeding lasts for even a little less than three days, it is not ḥayḍ.

https://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2171/

And here are the rules for bleeding which is not menstruation: 

https://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2170/

But please also talk with your health care provider. You might need an adjustment to your medication.  

• Forum Administrators
4 hours ago, Guest Bob the builder said:

ive started continuously bleeding for about over 2 weeks now, my issue is i dont know when is the time im supposed to pray again, ive began praying already 

As Sister @notme said, you can begin to pray after 10 days of bleeding. I have not heard of any Shia Ulema who rule differently about the 10 days. The 10 days will be considered period (menses, menstruation) and blood seen after that will be considered Istihazah or Istihadha. (Nifas is the bleeding after childbirth.) After the 10 days, clean yourself and accomplish the wudu and ghusl rules according to your own situation (is the blood slight, medium or profuse?). Look for the Istihazah information here: Istihazah - The Irregular Bleeding