Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What is solution to stop society from decaying?

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

Many of us are not caring about other societies decaying. We are only looking at our society decaying because we don't realise society decaying in other parts of the world will affect our society more. clearly establishing an islamic government is not enough. Else saudi arabia would not face issues like having pop music and samba dance in its land which is agaisnt islam.

So what do you think is the solution in your own mind.

My only solution is to block all social medias and youtube alike. Only allow things like news,sites that contain information etc..  if someone wants to be entertained then go out for a walk instead of youtube. Which am guilty of using a lot and everyday

Edited by Dawid Das
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators

While I don't agree with you on heavy censorship, I do agree that people should get outside, know their neighbors, and enjoy and appreciate nature. These two things would go surprisingly far to cultivate empathy.  

From what I've seen though, we just need to hang on until the kids can take over.  The kids are amazing - adults are the problem.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
21 minutes ago, notme said:

While I don't agree with you on heavy censorship, I do agree that people should get outside, know their neighbors, and enjoy and appreciate nature. These two things would go surprisingly far to cultivate empathy.  

From what I've seen though, we just need to hang on until the kids can take over.  The kids are amazing - adults are the problem.  

How? The kids are even more materialistic

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
44 minutes ago, Dawid Das said:

How? The kids are even more materialistic

I have been working with kids every Monday through Friday since October, and they are not, but maybe your experience has been n different. I have learned that local culture makes a big difference, and is where we can make a difference.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
25 minutes ago, Dawid Das said:

@notmeheavy censorship is what we need. This way the next generation will have a fresh new mind not involving any degeneracy

Who decides? And why do you trust that person or group? Power corrupts.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Dawid Das said:

@notmeheavy censorship is what we need. This way the next generation will have a fresh new mind not involving any degeneracy

Ah no. Censorship never leads to anything good. The reason for society's decay is that leaders and corporations has for decades actively promoted LGBT degeneracy and sexualization. Today's degeneracy isn't something that sprung up spontaneously

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
2 hours ago, notme said:

I have been working with kids every Monday through Friday since October, and they are not, but maybe your experience has been n different. I have learned that local culture makes a big difference, and is where we can make a difference.  

I don't know bout that. Maybe where u live only its like that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Dubilex said:

Ah no. Censorship never leads to anything good. The reason for society's decay is that leaders and corporations has for decades actively promoted LGBT degeneracy and sexualization. Today's degeneracy isn't something that sprung up spontaneously

Though I agree with what you said on how sexualization and degeneracy in general are to blame, I'm afraid we shouldn't dismiss censorship so readily; the media utilises this tactic for a reason. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
5 hours ago, Dawid Das said:

@notmeheavy censorship is what we need. This way the next generation will have a fresh new mind not involving any degeneracy

And how is that going to work? How are you going to systematically hide information from young people in the age of information? This is naïve idea. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
29 minutes ago, kadhim said:

This is naïve idea. 

And dangerous.  And shockingly trusting of those who are in power. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators

Note: off topic posts (including my own) have been removed.  Let's focus on one topic at a time. This discussion is about avoiding the fall of civilization.  

Please, with tact, start a new discussion if you want to talk about censorship on Shiachat in general, but if you have specific complaints, you will need to PM a member of the site team to discuss it in private.  Thanks for your participation.  You folks are amazing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
7 hours ago, notme said:

From what I've seen though, we just need to hang on until the kids can take over.  The kids are amazing - adults are the problem.  

With each passing generation, society is only going to get worse in terms of people's ethics and morality. The "adults that are the problem" were probably also amazing when they were innocent little children. What age group do you work with? If we're talking about things like climate change and racial justice, then perhaps yes this generation of children will be the ones to fix these issues that previous gens have failed to. But in my opinion, on the issue of moral decline, things are only getting worse and this is clear if you spend enough time closely around teenagers today

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
1 minute ago, Uni Student said:

With each passing generation, society is only going to get worse in terms of people's ethics and morality. The "adults that are the problem" were probably also amazing when they were innocent little children. What age group do you work with?

I'm talking about empathy and kindness.  I have been working with 7th grade students, usually 12-13 years old.  I do not know whether previous generations were good when they were young.  If so, what is wrong with our society that is turning people so callous and detached? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, notme said:

I'm talking about empathy and kindness.  I have been working with 7th grade students, usually 12-13 years old.  I do not know whether previous generations were good when they were young.  If so, what is wrong with our society that is turning people so callous and detached? 

Worsening economy, climate change, government corruption, pandemic, increasing rates of violence (not just mass incidents but local crime as well) etc all create a sense of uncertainty and despair regarding the future. Combined with rising levels of atheism and I can see why most people are becoming callous. Social media doesn't help either

And in terms of what can we do about it, in my opinion, nothing. It’s just something that has to run its course until the Imam reappears. Maybe I have become calloused as well, in the sense that I don’t really care that society is deteriorating because there’s nothing we can do about it. Just try to keep the sanity within your own home

Edited by Uni Student
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
24 minutes ago, Uni Student said:

Worsening economy, climate change, government corruption, pandemic, increasing rates of violence (not just mass incidents but local crime as well) etc all create a sense of uncertainty and despair regarding the future. Combined with rising levels of atheism and I can see why most people are becoming callous. Social media doesn't help either

And in terms of what can we do about it, in my opinion, nothing. 

We can change all of this! The kids know we can.  I know we can; I've always known. I don't know why old folk my age (and yours?) have all decided to simply remain alive until they die.  What is the point of life if not to be an active part of The Creation? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
6 hours ago, notme said:

We can change all of this! The kids know we can.  I know we can; I've always known. I don't know why old folk my age (and yours?) have all decided to simply remain alive until they die.  What is the point of life if not to be an active part of The Creation? 

Life has become pointless now. Things are only going downhill. All we can do is warn people.Lets all wait for the ultimate judgement to come.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Traveller_ said:

Though I agree with what you said on how sexualization and degeneracy in general are to blame, I'm afraid we shouldn't dismiss censorship so readily; the media utilises this tactic for a reason. 

Right now, there is heavy censorship in the other direction. If you speak out against the Pride movement on Twitter or Facebook, your account will get banned. Censorship never leads to anything good. The reason there is such decay is because the Big Tech and corporations are rigging the algorithms

Edited by Dubilex
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
11 hours ago, Dawid Das said:

Life has become pointless now. Things are only going downhill. All we can do is warn people.Lets all wait for the ultimate judgement to come.

I see you're an old person.  

Move out of the way.  We might not be able to fix it, but as long as we're not dead yet, we have to try.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
10 hours ago, Dubilex said:

Right now, there is heavy censorship in the other direction. If you speak out against the Pride movement on Twitter or Facebook, your account will get banned. Censorship never leads to anything good. The reason there is such decay is because the Big Tech and corporations are rigging the algorithms

Exactly my point, censorship plays a huge part in this charade they´re imposing, they silenced the president of the most powerful country and answered to no-one. 

What they do with the algorithms is nothing compared to how the have absolute control over the academia and social movements; we´re talking about decades of indoctrination here
(US´s sexual revolution, introducing ´´sex ed´´ to school curriculum, hijacking religious authorities like the Catholic church and now Muslims). Yes it plays a part, but it´s only the tip of the iceberg.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Abdul Mateen

Invest wholeheartedly to live sinlessly every single moment until death instead of investing for fun and games or for luxories . Have a good moral attitude and invest entirely and completely in living sinless purified immaculate life and in the soul instead of aiming to be the best basketball player or for something worldly like having friends or nice car. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
21 hours ago, Dawid Das said:

Life has become pointless now. Things are only going downhill. All we can do is warn people.Lets all wait for the ultimate judgement to come.

This is not a mindset consistent with belief. Our prophet is said to have remarked once that even if you knew the last day is at hand, if you have a sapling in your hand, you plant it. This hopeless mindset ironically damages the judgment that you wait for. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
12 hours ago, Traveller_ said:

Exactly my point, censorship plays a huge part in this charade they´re imposing, they silenced the president of the most powerful country and answered to no-one. 

What they do with the algorithms is nothing compared to how the have absolute control over the academia and social movements; we´re talking about decades of indoctrination here
(US´s sexual revolution, introducing ´´sex ed´´ to school curriculum, hijacking religious authorities like the Catholic church and now Muslims). Yes it plays a part, but it´s only the tip of the iceberg.

Exactly. They can't survive in a free and open discussion environment. That's why it's unnecessary to censor them back. All we need to do is make sure that there's a free and open discourse, and they'll be like fish on dry land 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
5 hours ago, Guest Abdul Mateen said:

Invest wholeheartedly to live sinlessly every single moment until death instead of investing for fun and games or for luxories . Have a good moral attitude and invest entirely and completely in living sinless purified immaculate life and in the soul instead of aiming to be the best basketball player or for something worldly like having friends or nice car. 

Great advice, fully agree. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
10 hours ago, Dubilex said:

Exactly. They can't survive in a free and open discussion environment. That's why it's unnecessary to censor them back. All we need to do is make sure that there's a free and open discourse, and they'll be like fish on dry land 

I´m afraid not so many people would put so much faith in discussions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

Decaying of society. 

People pray for the reappearance of the 12th Imam (عليه السلام) but they don't actually understand how bad the world will become before his arrival. Today, the world seems very bad to us but it will only get harder and harder before the reappearance. 

There is a Hadith I think, that says something along the lines of: In the end, one of the signs of the reappearance is that the earth will get so bad that people will walk past graves in the cemetery and wish to exchange places with thise in the grave. 

Another Hadith mentions: Life will get so bad that people will be so scared to even come out of their homes at the end times. < In this one I'm not sure if people is refering to believers or people in general. 

There's no way to save society, you can only save yourself. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
11 hours ago, Vindemiatrix said:

There's no way to save society, you can only save yourself. 

Humans are designed to be social creatures.  We can't save ourselves without society, even if only a small pocket of one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Vindemiatrix said:

Yes, for me, my family is my society. 

I hope by family you mean more than just household.  Nuclear family will be the death of us. Community is more than just one other adult, if even that.

I mean, it's better than nothing, but it isn't enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, notme said:

I hope by family you mean more than just household.

Enough for me, but might not be enough for others I guess.

Why do you need a community again? What is meant by the community and society? 

Personally I just go to university, come home, study etc go to sleep and repeat. It's going to be no different when I start work. Don't really have much contact with society and I do t really understand what is the need for that beyond basic things such as banks, shops, medical centres etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
2 minutes ago, Vindemiatrix said:

Why do you need a community again? What is meant by the community and society? 

Humans are designed to be social creatures, and suffer when isolated.  It hurts us mentally and spiritually. 

By community, I mean the people who you regularly interact with, who you consider to be a part of your life. Society is a much more difficulty word to define, but I think when I say it, I mean a larger community united by shared values, goals, needs, or resources - or maybe just location.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
5 minutes ago, notme said:

Humans are designed to be social creatures, and suffer when isolated.  It hurts us mentally and spiritually. 

By community, I mean the people who you regularly interact with, who you consider to be a part of your life. Society is a much more difficulty word to define, but I think when I say it, I mean a larger community united by shared values, goals, needs, or resources - or maybe just location.

But I am doing okay with just my household though.

Aside from that I just interact with professors at uni, bank tellers, shop keepers, taxi drivers etc. Don't have any friends anymore. 

As for society... Yeah I think I just focus on the household tbh... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...