Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

[WARNING] JIF Peanut Butter recall [PLEASE PASS ON]

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

  • Forum Administrators

The FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration) has announced a recall of some lots of JIF Peanut Butter due to"Potential Salmonella Contamination". Do not eat, serve or sell the recalled JIF peanut butter.

This JIF peanut butter has also been distributed to other countries. Pass on this information, please!

The recall impacts markets outside of the U.S.

Customer information provided by J.M. Smucker on May 23, 2022 shows that it was distributed to the following countries and locations: Canada, Dominican Republic, Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, Korea, Thailand, Honduras, Spain, Japan. 

For additional information, international officials and customers can visit the company’s recall page

Peanut Butter RECALL.jpg

Additional info:

https://www.fda.gov/food/outbreaks-foodborne-illness/outbreak-investigation-salmonella-peanut-butter-may-2022

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Administrators
1 hour ago, wolverine said:

Thank you. The recall says do not eat, serve or sell the peanut butter. That means I have to trash it. Can I get a refund? 

No, there is no refund, but the company is offering to send you a "coupon" so that you can buy a new item. I think the coupon would be mailed to your address, but the company does ask for your email address as well. They will probably send an email at some point, thanking you for contacting them.

Click on the Recall info link and look for the contact link. See this image:

peanut butter recall contact.jpg

When you click the "contact us" at their site, then click on the button called RECALL CONTACT FORM. Fill out the form, give your information (Name and size of the peanut butter you bought, UPC code, Product #), your name, address, phone number, and email address. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Development Team
On 5/26/2022 at 6:33 PM, Hameedeh said:

No, there is no refund, but the company is offering to send you a "coupon" so that you can buy a new item. I think the coupon would be mailed to your address, but the company does ask for your email address as well. They will probably send an email at some point, thanking you for contacting them.

Received an email from the company yesterday. Said: This note is to confirm that we received your Product Recall Claim Form submission on Jif.com. We will be sending you coupons to use on the Jif® products of your choosing within six weeks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Administrators
11 minutes ago, wolverine said:

Received an email from the company yesterday. Said: This note is to confirm that we received your Product Recall Claim Form submission on Jif.com. We will be sending you coupons to use on the Jif® products of your choosing within six weeks. 

Thank you. I searched my gmail and the company's email was in the Promotions tab, hot the Primary inbox. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators

I'm very annoyed that they aren't offering a refund for their poisonous product. We've been eating it and haven't gotten sick.  We might just continue, but never buy it again.  The store brand is perfectly fine.  Or better yet, I can make my own from here on.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Administrators
9 hours ago, notme said:

We've been eating it and haven't gotten sick. 

Please stop, Sister. Unless you know the numbers on the jar are from a different lot. 

9 hours ago, notme said:

The store brand is perfectly fine.

I have a different company peanut butter (a store brand) but I haven't opened it yet because I am wondering if it was made at the same factory as the Jif tainted ones. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
5 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

Please stop, Sister. Unless you know the numbers on the jar are from a different lot. 

I have a different company peanut butter (a store brand) but I haven't opened it yet because I am wondering if it was made at the same factory as the Jif tainted ones. 

The number on our jars (2-48oz) are part of the recall. They should give us our money back so we can buy a different brand of peanut butter.  I'm disgusted that they simply say throw it out, without offering reimbursement. Capitalism at its finest there.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Administrators
17 hours ago, notme said:

The number on our jars (2-48oz) are part of the recall. They should give us our money back so we can buy a different brand of peanut butter.  I'm disgusted that they simply say throw it out, without offering reimbursement. Capitalism at its finest there.  

In the old days, you could take something back to the store if it was recalled due to contamination. Today, a store doesn't want to take in recalled items since they would need to store and manage it for the manufacturer. It's too heavy to ship it back to the company. It's a mess, with 16 illnesses and 2 hospitalizations in the US that they are reporting. They haven't reported about the illnesses in international countries that also received the tainted product. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...