Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

George Bush claims invasion of Iraq was unjustified

Rate this topic

• Moderators

If you are ever curious as to what evil manifested as a human being would be like, it would be like George Bush. (Jr. and Sr., they are both the same). 

• Forum Administrators

To be honest the impression I get from GWB's words and actions since he left office is that he recognises his mistake.

And I think his was a case of someone with mediocre talents who was in a role way above his pay-grade, because of the corruption within the American political system, and whose work since he left office (e.g. paintings celebrating immigrants) has been some kind of attempt at redemption.

That's not the case with some of the other criminals.

This is what Bush says about the war (my bold):

George Bush, in a moment of reflection ahead of his departure from the White House, last night admitted that the decision to go to war against Saddam Hussein on the basis of flawed intelligence was the biggest regret of his presidency. The acknowledgment marks the first time that Bush has publicly expressed doubts about his rationale for going to war on Iraq.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/dec/02/george-bush-iraq-interview

It takes a lot of guts to say that and there would have been plenty of people in the American establishment absolutely against him saying anything like this.

Now compare with Tony Blair who (after he left office) got himself appointed as Middle East peace envoy, based in Jerusalem, and for which role we have this observation:

while Palestinians initially welcomed the appointment of such a high-profile figure, he quickly became seen as being too close to the Israelis, who were then, as now, far more powerful than the Palestinians still living under occupation.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/may/27/tony-blair-resigns-as-middle-east-peace-envoy-report

So Blair helps Cheney lead Bush into war in Iraq (something which Israel supported) and rather than being penitent he doubles down and works directly for the Israelis. And as a pay-off he he gets a gig ripping off Muslims yet again in Azerbaijan:

On one side are Tony Blair, a powerful consortium of energy interests, including BP, and the autocratic ruler of a former Soviet bloc country [Azerbaijan]

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/aug/02/tony-blair-gas-pipeline-italy

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

To be honest the impression I get from GWB's words and actions since he left office is that he recognises his mistake.

And I think his was a case of someone with mediocre talents who was in a role way above his pay-grade, because of the corruption within the American political system, and whose work since he left office (e.g. paintings celebrating immigrants) has been some kind of attempt at redemption.

That's not the case with some of the other criminals.

This is what Bush says about the war (my bold):

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/dec/02/george-bush-iraq-interview

It takes a lot of guts to say that and there would have been plenty of people in the American establishment absolutely against him saying anything like this.

Now compare with Tony Blair who (after he left office) got himself appointed as Middle East peace envoy, based in Jerusalem, and for which role we have this observation:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/may/27/tony-blair-resigns-as-middle-east-peace-envoy-report

So Blair helps Cheney lead Bush into war in Iraq (something which Israel supported) and rather than being penitent he doubles down and works directly for the Israelis. And as a pay-off he he gets a gig ripping off Muslims yet again in Azerbaijan:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/aug/02/tony-blair-gas-pipeline-italy

He may have some regret for what he did but what does it matter actually compared to what he did. It is like dropping a nuclear bomb on a city and then after everyone is incinerated turning to the one survivor and saying 'Im sorry'. What does it matter actually 

He is responsible for the utter destruction of an entire country. There is no amount of remorse that can begin to make up for that. Even if he cried till his tears became blood. I also think the amount of regret he has shown is minimal. If he really regretted what he did, he would tell the truth about 9/11 and the events that led up to the Iraq war. The whole truth. What he has said so far is not even 1 % of that

• Site Administrators
11 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

If you are ever curious as to what evil manifested as a human being would be like, it would be like George Bush. (Jr. and Sr., they are both the same). 

Imagine what their puppet masters look like then......

• Forum Administrators
9 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

It is like dropping a nuclear bomb on a city and then after everyone is incinerated turning to the one survivor and saying 'Im sorry'. What does it matter actually 

Well that was kind of the point. No ex-President to my knowledge has ever said that dropping bombs on Hiroshima was a mistake. And acknowledgement of the error is the first step towards redemption.

I am not defending Bush ... just pointing out that what he has said is significant.