Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What has Islam to offer?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

Hi there - I'm sticking my neck out here!!!

I am interested in reading people's responses to my posts.  Many are very willing to point out what they see as errors, or to try and disprove Christian faith and tradition.

I have rarely seen a response that presents an alternative by explaining the wonders of Islam, how it is life changing and what it does to give hope and transformation in the midst of dispare and doubt.  There isn't often someone who explains the joy and excitment of living each day with Islam as your guide.  I've not read many posts where people share the treasures and meaning they have found in life and the deliverence they have found from fear and worry because of their engagement with God.  Not much has been presented about the release and freedom that comes from the God who forgives.

Maybe Shia chat is Muslim to Muslim and so you don't feel you need to tell each other those wonderful things.  Well I'm not a Muslim - here is your opportunity to share them!  I'm likely to respond, but am looking forward to reading your testimonies.

Thank you

Edited by Dave follower of The Way

Guest May 18

Hi there Dave, hope you are well and having a good Wednesday. 

Peace of mind in the sense that the beliefs make sense. Fortitude in knowing that all we have to put forward is our best sincere effort and Allah rewards based on effort and not results and He alone knows our hearts. Harmony and unity with the universe. Happiness in knowing that each tiny good deed, even sweeping the floor or smiling at someone, or innumerable other things are rewarded by Allah and he takes account of every little thing, but is Most Forgiving of mistakes and lapses and delays the recording of bad deeds. In this mundane, boring, toil and hardship world we live in, we need to know our small deeds are going somewhere. Consistency, in that the laws and principles stay the same despite cultures and societies' values change on a whim. Justice. Active fighting against opppression and injustice. Dignity. Standing up for oneself and not becoming a slave to any but God. Much more but those are a few things that come to mind. 

Guest Shia Islam to Me

To my life, Shia Islam gives me a path to be the best that I can be in this world, and for the after life. Shia islam has given me the tools and guide to live my life to the fullest to become a better me each and every day. To understand the purpose of existence, of other humans, beliefs, and ways of life. It has given me a fundamental set of ethics and a moral compass with real life examples and teachings (prophets and imams) that have guided mankind from the moment of existence up until the day of judgement. Shia Islam has shown to me and proven what a true merciful and just creator is. Shia Islam brings forth the best combinations of faith and intellect (science, rationalism) that touches on every aspect of life you can think of. It is the ultimate example of a pro-activeness, optimism, self building, purpose searching, wanting human justice and peace for all of mankind, understanding and dealing with that which is bad, hardships, trials, and injustices. You do not follow or believe in Shia Islam to find happiness, nor does Shia islam claim that religion is there to bring you happiness. Because it touches us that human life is unique and each of us are unique and happiness and sadness are a part of life altogether. However, Shia Islam teaches us how to deal with sadness and happiness, our emotions, empathy and sympathy, being grateful.. Shia Islam is not a fear driven religion. God throughout the means of His message holy books, prophets and Imams, have provided me what a merciful God Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is. It amazes me each and everyday that my religion has given me guidelines that I can apply to my life as life and society continues to advance and change, but my faith stays consistent and has an answer and guide so that I can continue to live my life. I can keep going but I will leave it here.

• Advanced Member

Hi

The status of “women” as interpreted by Shiites in a philosophical and legal context, as well as their social status in Shiite communities, throughout history up until today, can only be considered and studied within a general framework, using an approach that must obviously be based on the legal foundation established by religious Islamic thinking. Nevertheless, there are obvious differences between what is understood as Shiite philosophy and religious prescription and what is actually practiced in a social context within Shiite communities.

Naturally, a major issue such as the role of “women” and “the social status of women” in society can be directly influenced by the social and political environment as well as local traditions and beliefs. The main factors in this regard are: the contribution of religious beliefs and national folklore as well as local literature and the collective conscience of a nation,

Of course, women have an important role in Shiite religion; the generation of the prophet of Islam can only continue through his daughter Fatima. The latter is not only the prophet’s daughter, but she is also the mother of the Shiite Imams. She transfers the prophet’s legacy to the Shiite Imams, their sons, and all future generations. Fatima’s predominance as the wife of Ali b. Abi Talib—the prophet’s cousin—her son-in-law, and first Shiite Imam takes on divine proportions. This image of Fatima that the prophet transferred to the Shiites is represented with tremendous honor and respect in Shiite writings and traditions. This is an important contribution to the role of women in the collective memory and in Shiite tradition. In certain Shiite traditions, she is represented as the one who transmits the prophet’s enlightenment and soul to the prophet’s children and the Imams. She is a commentator on the Qurʾān, her divine knowledge giving her scientific expertise that is comparable to that of the Imams. Thus, the fact that she is a woman does not prevent the Shiite from considering her as a divine reference in Shiite religion, a reference that not only embodies divine purity and justice as well as eternal enlightenment, but also presents her as the teacher and divine guide of the Islamic umma. Fatima is always a role model in the Shiite community. The role model that she represents is not limited to her knowledge; she also has a dominant role as the wife of Imam Ali, the prophet’s successor, and she is the defender of his succession (contested by the Caliphs). The teachings of Ali b.Abi Talib, which later become the guide for all Shiite Imams, owe a lot to his wife’s spiritual influence. Such a status is neither introduced nor authorized for any woman in Sunni tradition, a doctrine that is completely different from that of the Shiites. And that has had its repercussions in Sunni thinking and actions with regard to this issue throughout history.

The latter’s daughter, Zaynab, also plays an important role. She was present at the side of Husayn b. Ali, the third Shiite Imam, at the battle of Karbala and thus embodies a crucial contribution to the heroic legacy and religious beliefs of the Shiites.

After the tragic events surrounding the assassination of her brother Husayn by a Caliph among the Umayyad in Karbala, she took over and assumed the responsibility for her family, and even for her brother, the next Imam, and for the transmission of the political and religious message of this movement. Other women of the prophet’s family also represent the status of women and its importance in Shiite thinking. Among them is Fatima Masumeh, the daughter of Musa b. Ja’far, the seventh Imam among the Twelve Imams. Her shrine in Qom is the reason that this city exists as one of the main centers of Shiite power and authority throughout history. Even in the Islamic Republic of Iran, where shari’a is the foundation of the constitution, even though Fatima and Zaynab shape the religious image of women in Shiite society and tradition, and despite the importance of the veil, which has become a condition and law to be respected by all women, the social and political role of women has grown in importance since the beginning of the Islamic revolution. This has opened up a way for women to become more active participants in Iranian society where the majority is Shiite.

Besides the increase of the scientific level in women’s education and the importance of their demands for equal rights, traditional women have also penetrated the religious schools in cities such as Qom and Teheran. The religious education of women in Muslim tradition goes back to early Islam, but this Shiite tradition originates with Fatima, a role model for Iranian women. 

Shiite philosophy considers that renewal in ijtihad and in fiqh is always possible, and it acknowledges this as one of its main points and differences from Sunni jurisprudence. Morteza Motahhari, the famous ideologue of the Islamic Republic, has dedicated part of his religious activity to women’s issues in Muslim society, including giving his opinion on the veil,

The Shiite fuqaha are able and many of them are willing to express their opinion with regard to the modern status of women. This surfaces with the radical opposition of Shiites against Salafists

https://www.ias.edu/ideas/2016/ansari-shiite-women

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum Administrators
On 5/18/2022 at 1:04 PM, Dave follower of The Way said:

I have rarely seen a response that presents an alternative by explaining the wonders of Islam, how it is life changing and what it does to give hope and transformation in the midst of dispare and doubt. 

I am referring to the following because it's something I have been reading very recently from Sarah al-Araf.

"But thou [Phaorah] dost wreak thy vengeance on us simply because we believed in the signs of our Lord when they reached us! Our Lord! pour out on us patience and constancy, and Take our souls unto Thee as Muslims (who bow to Thy will)"! (126)

These words are spoken by the magicians employed by Pharoah to challenge Prophet Moses ((عليه السلام).), having seen his miracles they are now challenging Pharoah and facing the prospect of certain death and quite a painful one too judging by Pharoah's words in the previous ayat.

So where's the transformation and hope? What follows is my personal understanding.

• By this simple statement on the part of the magicians, the Qur'an refers to them as Muslims. No admission process or acceptance by others necessary for the Transformation from non-believer to believer.
  • These are Egyptian pagans, who after a lifetime of idolatry, are asking for redemption - this makes the Message universal, no need to belong to a specific tribe. And having made this prayer of their Lord, the hope on their part and ours is that surely it will be accepted.

• Advanced Member
On 5/18/2022 at 5:09 PM, Guest May 18 said:

Hi there Dave, hope you are well and having a good Wednesday. 

Peace of mind in the sense that the beliefs make sense. Fortitude in knowing that all we have to put forward is our best sincere effort and Allah rewards based on effort and not results and He alone knows our hearts. Harmony and unity with the universe. Happiness in knowing that each tiny good deed, even sweeping the floor or smiling at someone, or innumerable other things are rewarded by Allah and he takes account of every little thing, but is Most Forgiving of mistakes and lapses and delays the recording of bad deeds. In this mundane, boring, toil and hardship world we live in, we need to know our small deeds are going somewhere. Consistency, in that the laws and principles stay the same despite cultures and societies' values change on a whim. Justice. Active fighting against opppression and injustice. Dignity. Standing up for oneself and not becoming a slave to any but God. Much more but those are a few things that come to mind. 

I read this with interest - thanks.  Your ideas of God rewarding us are really important.  It asks the question about our motivation.  Are we sweeping the floor or smiling at a stranger because God will add it to our account of Good Works?  These things of humble service and care for the stranger are important but they become a burden if it is for reward but if it flows from a heart of gratitude empowered by God's strength in us it becomes an act of joyful thankful worship.

Forgiveness is so important the weight of our shameful actions and atitudes can weigh us down.  How do we know that we have been forgiven?  How does our forgiveness equate with God's perfect justice?  Jesus the Messiah affirmed that following him lifted our burdens and made our journey easy.  He has gone before opening the way and travels with us sharing the struggles of this life.

• Advanced Member
On 5/18/2022 at 8:40 PM, Andrew Israel said:

I can tell you when I took the shahada I felt god consciousness become 24-7.  I used to view Allah as distant and cold when I was Jewish. 

I love this - God consciousness 24-7.  Knowing God is near is such a strength in life.  Yes God isn't distant and cold.  How would you discribe him?  As a Follower of Jesus, I discribe the close, warm God as my Father, my friend, my comfort and strength.  He is so close that the Trustworth Injil talks about the relationship God offers as Me in God and God in me - hows that for closeness offering real 24/7 God consciousness!

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

These things of humble service and care for the stranger are important but they become a burden if it is for reward

The right attitude in all endeavours especially in the performance of religious duties, is to do good to please God in all circumstances, having the ultimate reality of the Hereafter and its everlasting reward in view, and moreso in times of hardship

14:31,13:22"And those who are constant, seeking the pleasure of their Lord, and keep up prayer and spend (benevolently) out of what We have given them secretly and openly and repel evil with good; as for those, they shall have the (happy) issue of the abode".  

As Jesus states in the NT in Matt6 when contrasting the ephemeral worldly benefits with the real, everlasting reward of the Hereafter which every believer should ultimately strive for

"store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also".

This by the way negates the later Christian notion of "faith only" and human depravity. 

That mindframe described by Jesus and found in the teachings of every prophet inclines the individual to goodness, generosity towards one's fellow man. Because God's generous, gracious reward far surpasses in value the merit of those that shall benefit from it. Jesus further tells them that if they do not pray, fast or give to charity with the right attitude, but only to be seen by men as the hypocritical Jews of his time did, just as the hypocritical Muslims in Muhammad's time did 9:53-4, then

"you will have no reward from your Father in heaven"

and that their works will remain in this passing world and vanish. Just as taught in Islam, God's gracious reward in the hereafter is what the true follower of Jesus strives for in this world. A day will come where the people will be divided into groups; those that did the works that Jesus prescribed, will enter the heavenly abode while those that did not, will go to Hell Matt25.

In Islam one who does a morally commandable action simply because it agrees with his conscience or intellect while knowingly rejecting the divine authority that commanded that action will not be succesful in a world -the afterlife- designed for those who developed a relationship with God. That type of deed does not qualify as the "best of deeds", which is what God demands of us 67:2. This defines "good" or anything ultimately ethical as "what God wants". This is because God wants us to do what is good and avoid what is bad for us and for the community at large in this world and in the next world. What God wants is what is good and God wants it because it is good.

As a side note, from a philosophical viewpoint, it is humanly impossible to perform a purely, ethically altruistic action because of the very existence of a motivation for the altruistic act. It is the difference between mercy/generosity coming from God, of which He has nothing to gain and human generosity. The person helping concludes that his/her help will make someone better off than before. And it is this knowledge which makes absolute selflessness impossible, because this knowledge is in itself a utility gain to the helper. The gain may be a concrete sense of goodwill, or just the simple knowledge that they have helped someone. Therefore, all acts of generosity have some degree of self-interest attached to them. A believer in God, in addition to the satisfaction of knowing that a fellow human is in better condition, has fulfilled an act that does not stem from fleeting whims and feelings. He has fulfilled a duty, regardless of his personal judgement, one that is more far-reaching in that it conforms with the overall system of the universe. In short, the believer's actions are God-centered, while that of the non-believer is self-centered.

• Advanced Member
18 hours ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

He is so close that the Trustworth Injil talks about the relationship God offers as Me in God and God in me - hows that for closeness offering real 24/7 God consciousness!

Hi it only applies  to a limited God than can't  care others except people  who abusrbed to it's blob in similar  fashion of Blob of Stine, R. L 

image.jpeg.3b3aa6ea74e71018b0a71d0f3e5416d4.jpeg The Blob That Ate Everyone : R.L. Stine : 9781407157368

• Advanced Member

I read this with interest - thanks.  Your ideas of God rewarding us are really important.  It asks the question about our motivation.  Are we sweeping the floor or smiling at a stranger because God will add it to our account of Good Works?  These things of humble service and care for the stranger are important but they become a burden if it is for reward but if it flows from a heart of gratitude empowered by God's strength in us it becomes an act of joyful thankful worship

This has been defined as prayer of merchants by Imam Ali(عليه السلام) which as you have said it will cause burden for everyone  which is a low-key prayer which lower than that is prayer of slaves which is a prayer  for just rescue from punishment  but on the other hand utmost prayer is prayer & doing good deeds just for love of God/Allah  which is prayer  of freemen/Tolerant so therefore  Islam offers you personality  likewise  Imam  Ali(عليه السلام) who worships  God/Allah because  he only worthy of worship.

Amiral Mu’minin ((عليه السلام)) stated, “Some people worship the Almighty Allah in hope of reward; this is the worship of merchants. Some worship Allah for fear of punishment; this is the worship of servants. Still some others worship the Exalted Allah for thanking Him; and this is the worship of the tolerant.”  [Biharul Anwar, Vol 41, p. 14]

He has also stated, “O Allah! I do not worship you for fear of punishment or in hope of reward; rather, I know you worthy of worshipping so I worship you.” [Biharul Anwar, Vol 41, p. 14]

There are many people who help the poor and visit underprivileged families. However, which person, first of all, does so during the time of his rule and power; secondly, does so on a regular basis; and thirdly, does not limit himself to just giving financial aid? He sits and has a friendly relationship with a family, with an old man, with a blind person, and with small children to make their hearts happy. This is only the Commander of the Faithful, Imam Ali ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)).

Imam Khamenei, March 1, 1997

https://english.khamenei.ir/news/7547/Three-things-that-distinguish-Imam-Ali-(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)-from-others-in

" Imam ‘Ali replied: "It was an order of Allah to do it like the order He has given in His Holy Book: You are destined by Allah to worship none but Him, here 'destined' means 'ordered' it does not mean physical compulsion".

He did not reveal His orders without any genuine reason nor has He created the galaxies and the earth without any purpose. The Universe without plan, purpose and program is the idea of infidels and the pagans, sorry will be their plight in the leaping fires of Hell. Hearing this the man asked Imam ‘Ali, "Then what kind of destiny was it that we had?" Imam ‘Ali replied: "It was an order of Allah to do it like the order He has given in His Holy Book: You are destined by Allah to worship none but Him, here 'destined' means 'ordered' it does not mean physical compulsion".

78. After the Battle of Siffin, somebody asked Imam ‘Ali whether they had been destined to fight against the Syrians. Imam ‘Ali replied if by destiny you mean a compulsion (physical or otherwise) through which we are forced (by nature) to do a thing then it is not so. Had it been an obligation of that kind there would have been no question of reward for doing it and punishment for not doing it (when you are physically forced to do a thing, like breathing, sleeping, eating, drinking etc. then there can be no reward for doing it and no retribution for not doing it.

In such cases nature forces you to do a thing and you cannot but do it), then the promised blessings and punishments in life after death will have no meaning. The Merciful Lord has given his creatures (human beings) complete freedom to do as they like, and then prohibited them from certain actions and warned them of the consequences of such actions (His Wrath and His Punishments).

These orders of Allah carry in them the least trouble and lead us towards the most convenient ways of life and the rewards which He has promised for good deeds are many times more than the actions actually deserve. He sees people disobeying Him and tolerates them not because He can be overruled or be compelled to accept human supremacy over Him. He did not send His prophets to amuse Himself or provide amusement for them.

He did not reveal His orders without any genuine reason nor has He created the galaxies and the earth without any purpose. The Universe without plan, purpose and program is the idea of infidels and the pagans, sorry will be their plight in the leaping fires of Hell. Hearing this the man asked Imam ‘Ali, "Then what kind of destiny was it that we had?" Imam ‘Ali replied: "It was an order of Allah to do it like the order He has given in His Holy Book: You are destined by Allah to worship none but Him, here 'destined' means 'ordered' it does not mean physical compulsion".

no worship or prayers are more sacred than fulfillment of obligations and duties, no religious faith is loftier than feeling ashamed of doing wrong and bearing calamities patiently; 

No abstinence is better than to restrain one's mind from doubts (about religion); no virtue is better than refraining from prohibited deeds; no knowledge is superior to deep thinking and prudence; no worship or prayers are more sacred than fulfillment of obligations and duties, no religious faith is loftier than feeling ashamed of doing wrong and bearing calamities patiently; no eminence is greater than to adopt humbleness; no exaltation is superior to knowledge; nothing is more respectable than forgiveness and forbearance; no support and defense are stronger than consultation.

https://www.al-islam.org/articles/various-sayings-imam-ali-ibn-abi-talib

• Advanced Member
25 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Hi it only applies  to a limited God than can't  care others except people  who abusrbed to it's blob in similar  fashion of Blob of Stine, R. L 

sorry for 

I love this - God consciousness 24-7.  Knowing God is near is such a strength in life.  Yes God isn't distant and cold.  How would you discribe him?  As a Follower of Jesus, I discribe the close, warm God as my Father, my friend, my comfort and strength.  He is so close that the Trustworth Injil talks about the relationship God offers as Me in God and God in me - hows that for closeness offering real 24/7 God consciousness!

25 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Sorry for it but i couldn't  help myself from responding in this way :respect::sign_sorry:

• Advanced Member

Amiral Mu’minin ((عليه السلام)) stated, “Some people worship the Almighty Allah in hope of reward; this is the worship of merchants. Some worship Allah for fear of punishment; this is the worship of servants. Still some others worship the Exalted Allah for thanking Him; and this is the worship of the tolerant.”  [Biharul Anwar, Vol 41, p. 14]

He has also stated, “O Allah! I do not worship you for fear of punishment or in hope of reward; rather, I know you worthy of worshipping so I worship you.” [Biharul Anwar, Vol 41, p. 14]

Someone told Imam Ali ((عليه السلام)), “Have you seen your Lord that you worship Him?” Imam Ali ((عليه السلام)) answered, “Woe be on you! I do not worship the Lord Who I have not seen.” The questioner asked, “How have you seen Him?” Imam Ali ((عليه السلام)) replied, “Human eye cannot see Allah, rather his heart can perceive Allah by real belief.”  [Biharul Anwar, Vol 41, p. 16]

I love this - God consciousness 24-7.  Knowing God is near is such a strength in life.  Yes God isn't distant and cold.  How would you discribe him?

Habbah Arani says, “One night Nuwf and I were sleeping in Darul ‘Imarah yard. We saw Imam Ali ((عليه السلام)) who had put his hand on the wall while walking and said like a heartsick person, ‘Behold! In the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the alternation of night and day, there are indeed Signs for men of understanding…’ [Surah ‘Ali ‘Imran 3, 190-200]

He repeated these Quranic verses, walking infatuatedly. Imam Ali ((عليه السلام)) told me, ‘O Habbah! Are you awake?’ I answered, ‘Yes I am. You behave like this (out of Allah’s fear). What should we do?’ Imam Ali ((عليه السلام)) began weeping and said, ‘O Habbah! The Almighty Allah is closer to you and I than our neck vessel; nothing hides us from Him.’”

Then Imam Ali ((عليه السلام)) told Nuwf, ‘Are you awake?’ Nuwf replied, ‘O Amiral Mu’minin! I am awake. You made us cry tonight.’ Imam ((عليه السلام)) stated, ‘If you cry in darkness of night for fear of Allah, your eyes will be illuminated on the Last Day.

O Nuwf! Everyone who drips a tear from Allah’s fear his sins will be forgiven. O Nuwf! Everyone who weeps from Allah’s fear and his loving and disliking is for Allah’s sake will have a high position. O Nuwf! Everyone whose affection is for Allah’s sake will prefer nothing to that affection. Everyone whose hatred is for Allah’s sake will not spend his hatred for his own sake. This way the real belief will be maintained and improved.’”

Then Imam Ali ((عليه السلام)) preached us and said at last, ‘Fear Allah!” Then he said while leaving, “O Lord! I am wondering if you have ignored me or attended to me. I wish I knew how my stance is with these long sleeps and little thanking!’”

Habbah has said, “By Allah that he was in the same state until the dawn.” [Biharul Anwar, Vol 41, p. 22]

https://www.sibtayn.com/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7320:imam-ali’s-worship&catid=258&Itemid=330

• Advanced Member
19 hours ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

Forgiveness is so important the weight of our shameful actions and atitudes can weigh us down.  How do we know that we have been forgiven?  How does our forgiveness equate with God's perfect justice?

His forgiveness covers all, His creation of the clouds is perfected: Rain showers succeed it. He prolongs pursuits and hopes, broadens sands and places them. I praise Him an extended praise, and I recognize His unity just as those who love Him the most recognize: He is Allah, there is no god for the nations besides Him, nor is there anyone to cause a defect to what he straightens and does. He sent Muhammad as a banner for Islam and an Imam for those who rule, a helper to the commoners and one who puts an end to the judgments of Wadd and Siwa' (idols).

hopeful for the mercy (forgiveness) of his Lord that saves him [from the Fire] on a Day when everyone will be distracted even from his offspring and tribe.

He has no partner in His domain; He relies on none in doing whatever He does. He is exalted above having an adviser or a vizier. He is above using a model or an assistant or a helper or a peer. 

He owns everything, so He subdues. He is disobeyed, yet He forgives; He is adored, so He thanks. He rules, so He affects justice, and He is generous and grants favors.

We seek refuge with an Able Lord from the evil of any final end such as this, and we plead for forgiveness similar to that of one with whom He is pleased and for an overlooking similar to that of one whose good deeds He has accepted; for He is my Master, ultimate pursuit and the one Who grants success to what I seek.

I have sought refuge with a Lord Who is knowing, wise, able, merciful, from the evil of an enemy who is cursed and stoned; so, let everyone who pleads plead, and let everyone who seeks [favors of his Lord] seek and ask forgiveness of the Lord of lords for myself and for you all.

I praise the One Whose boon is great, whose blessing overwhelms, whose mercy is faster than His anger, the One whose word is perfect, whose will is affected, whose argument (issue) is wise, whose case is just. I praise Him like one recognizing His Godhead, submissive while adoring Him, dissociating himself from his sin, recognizing His Unity, seeking refuge with Him against His warning, hopeful for the mercy (forgiveness) of his Lord that saves him [from the Fire] on a Day when everyone will be distracted even from his offspring and tribe. We seek His help, guidance and directions. We believe in Him and depend on Him. I have testified to Him as a sincere and convinced servant/slave; I recognize His Uniqueness as a pious believer, and I have recognized His Unity like a submissive servant/slave.

He has no partner in His domain; He relies on none in doing whatever He does. He is exalted above having an adviser or a vizier. He is above using a model or an assistant or a helper or a peer. He knows, so He covers; He is acquainted with the innermost, so He is most familiar [with our intentions]. He cast a look, so He assisted; He owns everything, so He subdues. He is disobeyed, yet He forgives; He is adored, so He thanks. He rules, so He affects justice, and He is generous and grants favors.

19. Overlook and forgive the weaknesses of the generous people because if they fall down, Allah will help them.

29. Take warning! He has not exposed so many of your sinful activities that it appears as if He has forgiven you (it may be that He has given you time to repent).

Allah at one place in the Holy Book addressed the Holy Prophet and said Allah would not punish them while you were among them nor while they were asking for forgiveness1.

Surah Anfal, 8:33:
وَمَا كَانَ اللَّهُ لِيُعَذِّبَهُمْ وَأَنْتَ فِيهِمْ ۚ وَمَا كَانَ اللَّهُ مُعَذِّبَهُمْ وَهُمْ يَسْتَغْفِرُونَ {33}But Allah was not going to chastise them while you were among them, nor is Allah going to chastise them while yet they ask for forgiveness.

nothing is more respectable than forgiveness and forbearance; no support and defense are stronger than consultation.

Whoever has done a bad deed or has indulged in sin and then repents and asks for His forgiveness will find Allah most Forgiving and Merciful. 

192. When I feel angry with a person how and when should I satisfy my anger, whether at a time when I am not in a position to retaliate and people may advise me to bear patiently or when I have power to punish and I forgive. 193. Minds get tired like bodies. When you feel that your; mind is tired, then invigorate it with sober advice.

203. The best deed of a great man is to forgive and forget.

https://www.al-islam.org/articles/various-sayings-imam-ali-ibn-abi-talib