Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Naming child

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam there is no problem anyway naming after Abu Lulu is controversial because child faces discremination from radical wahabis even put life  child in danger by them also

Lulu means pearl which has been a name for female children not males .

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

Salam. You can name your son Abu Talib, after all he is a companion and uncle of the Prophet.

However, not Abu Lulu. And he surely was not a ra. That's new on your part.

And I advise my dear brethren the names of more important historical figures who melted their existence in the servitude of Allah, the Prophet and Ahlulbayt. And someone who did a service to them rather than disservice to the imams.

Ammar bin Yasir for instance. Salman.. Abu Dharr.. These are the best names, if you want to name your son with a companion.

Or you can give the names of Imams to them. Or you can name him Muhammad. It is the best and a muslim has to name one of their (three or more) sons Muhammad according to our faith.

Congratulations. May Allah bless you and your offspring.

Edited by islamicmusic

• Advanced Member
11 hours ago, islamicmusic said:

Salam. You can name your son Abu Talib, after all he is a companion and uncle of the Prophet.

However, not Abu Lulu. And he surely was not a ra. That's new on your part.

And I advise my dear brethren the names of more important historical figures who melted their existence in the servitude of Allah, the Prophet and Ahlulbayt. And someone who did a service to them rather than disservice to the imams.

Ammar bin Yasir for instance. Salman.. Abu Dharr.. These are the best names, if you want to name your son with a companion.

Or you can give the names of Imams to them. Or you can name him Muhammad. It is the best and a muslim has to name one of their (three or more) sons Muhammad according to our faith.

Congratulations. May Allah bless you and your offspring.

What's wrong saying RA? So many people say it. So you don't celebrate eid al Zahra? Abu lulu done us a great favour 

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

If it had been a favour, Imam Ali himself or his faithful shia would have done it. And not some polytheist slave over a dispute on wealth.

But Imam Ali himself protects Umar and advises him not to go to war himself and tells him to send the army under the command of somebody else.

Imam Ali did not want Umar to die because he knew what would come next.

Edited by islamicmusic

• Advanced Member
47 minutes ago, Labyika ya Khamenei said:

So you don't celebrate eid al Zahra? Abu lulu done us a great favour

Salam we don't  insult to Sunnis which "Eid al Zahra" day is based on death of cursed  Umar ibn Sa'ad  which lateer radical people  has mixed it with death of Umar the second  sunni caliph nevertheless  this day due to begining  of Imamate  of Imam Mahdi (aj) can be considered  as "Eid al Zahra" without  humilation  & insulting  to Sunnis , which story of killing Umar the second  sunni caliph  by Firooz ak.a Abululu is based on anti Iranian  agenda  of wahabists  which he has been killed immediately after stabbing Umar the second  sunni caliph  without investigation  which based on sunni sources although  there was a large crowd in congregation prayer only Umar the second sunni caliph   has called Firooz ak.a Abululu as his killer which no one else in mosque reprted seeing stabber which also based on sunni books Ayesha  & ex rabbi Ka'ab al Ahbar & cursed Muqair ibn Sheba (la) has been behind scenes who have puled strings which after an angrily  dispute of Ayesha then Firooz ak.a Abululu slave of Muqair ibn Sheba (la) with Umar then Ka'ab al Ahbar predicted killing of Umar after three days which after three days Firooz ak.a Abululu has been caught redhanded which after killing him nobody asked about their rule in killing  of Umar.

Ninth of Rabīʿ I was the beginning of the Imamate of Imam al-Mahdi (a). According to a report, 'Umar b. Sa'd, among the murderers of Imam al-Husayn (a) was killed on this day. Sometimes on this day, gatherings called Eid al-Zahra (a) and Farhat al-Zahra (a) are held to celebrate the death of the Second Caliph, 'Umar b. al-Khattab. According to historical reports, the Second Caliph was hit by Abu Lu'lu' on Dhu l-Hijja 27 and died three days later. Shi'a scholars and authorities do not consider it permissible to hold gatherings in which the holy figures of Sunnis would be abused.

Critics

Opposite to the view of advocates, many believe that 'Umar died the late Dhu l-Hijja. Here are their arguments:

• According to different Shi'a and Sunni historical sources, 'Umar was killed on the last days of Dhu l-Hijja, 23/October, 644. According to these sources, 'Umar was injured on twenty six or twenty seven of Dhu l-Hijja by Abu Lu'lu', the slave of Al-Mughira b. Shu'ba and died three days later on the twenty nineth or according to another report on the thirtieth of Dhu l-Hijja. Among Sunni historians, al-Ya'qubial-Tabari and al-Mas'udi and among reliable Shi'a sources, al-Shaykh al-Mufid and Ibn Idris al-Hilli supported this report.[7]
  • According to historical reports, allegiance with 'Uthman, the caliph after 'Umar, was made the late Dhu l-Hijja or the beginning of the month of Muharram and it agrees with the common view.[8]
  • People of Kashan who held the celebration in Rabi' I 9 at the tomb of Abu Lu'lu', primarily held it in Dhu l-Hijja.[9]

According to Ja'fariyan, based on the studies made, the history of such ceremonies dated back to the time of Buyids and sectarian struggles between Shi'a and Sunnis over it. However, after the 6th/12th century until the emergence of Safavids, this ceremony was held at least in Kashan.[11] Sayyid b. Tawus (d. 664/1266) mentioned the belief of some people about the enemies of the Ahl al-Bayt (a) on this day and said that Iranians commemorate this day.[12] However, it seems that he does not agree with that.[13] With the emergence of Safavids and expansion of Shi'a in Iran, Rabi' al-Awwal 9th was recognized as the definite day of 'Umar's death and ceremonies were held on this day.[14] In his book, which was an answer to one of Sunni scholars of Safavids, Qadi Nur Allah Shushtari wrote, "This action was not approved by scholars and is abandoned in our time."[15]

Opposition of Marja's

Holding celebrations for the death of 'Umar b. Khattab has always been opposed by many scholars and Marja's. Muhammad Husayn Kashif al-Ghita', among the scholars of Najaf banned holding such ceremonies. Ayatullah Khamenei considered doing some actions in the name of pleasing the heart of Lady Fatima al-Zahra (a), actually the same as pleasing her enemies and regarded it against the goals of the Islamic Revolution of Iran.

Ayatullah al-Sistani advised that Shi'a should emphasize on the common points and said that paying attention to controversial issues has no basis. To Ayatullah al-Sistani, being the trigger point for division, even as much as saying one word or less is not permissible and the provocative language shall be obligatorily abstained.

About holding gatherings for Lady Fatima al-Zahra (a), Ayatullah Mohammad Taqi Bahjat advised to mention the merits of the Ahl al-Bayt (a), especially Lady Fatima al-Zahra (a) and explaining hadith al-thaqalayn. According to him, the manner of Ayatullah Burujirdi was the same. Also, about some ceremonies called Eid al-Zahra (a), Ayatullah Bahjat said, "Such actions may lead to bothering, harassment and killing of the Shi'a who are the minorities in other countries and in that case, if one drop of their blood is spilled, we would be the blameworthy or accomplice." Ayatullah Mirza Javad Tabrizi and Ayatullah Safi Gulpayigani too declared that actions which are sins in other days of the year, are forbidden on Rabi' I too and there is no difference between that day and other days.[16]

https://en.wikishia.net/view/Ninth_of_Rabi'_I

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, islamicmusic said:

If it had been a favour, Imam Ali himself or his faithful shia would have done it. And not some polytheist slave over a dispute on wealth.

Ok. If Mukhtar avenging Karbala was a favour, Imam Zainul Abideen should have done it. See where that logic fails?

@Labyika ya KhameneiList the scholars for us please, brother.

Edited by -Rejector-

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

Are you for real? I won't see a video of an American agent. If you are listing an American agent working against the Islamic Republic and cursing and cussing shia Maraji and Waliyy Faqeeh all the time, a scholar, then I really wonder if you are real.

If you are gonna go for it, then God bless. Be the first of among the shia to name their son Abu Lulu! (sarcasm)

Edited by islamicmusic

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, -Rejector- said:

Ok. If Mukhtar avenging Karbala was a favour, Imam Zainul Abideen should have done it. See where that logic fails?

@Labyika ya KhameneiList the scholars for us please, brother.

If Mukhtar had been a polytheist and had worldly aims in the uprising, the comparison of yours would mean a thing. But it does not.

And I wonder, if you cheer uprisings against oppressors, why the likes of you do not cheer for the uprising of Imam Zaid ((رضي الله عنه)) for instance?

"Cause Imam Jafar believed it was not the time yet", right?

And why do you suppose it was the time for Umar to be killed when Imam Ali himself protected his life?

Edited by islamicmusic

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, islamicmusic said:

If Mukhtar had been a polytheist and had worldly aims in the uprising, the comparison of yours would mean a thing. But it does not.

So even if I (hypothetically) destroyed Isr**l, but it was for worldly gains, it wouldn't be a favour to Muslims? Come on man.

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, -Rejector- said:

So even if I (hypothetically) destroyed Isr**l, but it was for worldly gains, it wouldn't be a favour to Muslims? Come on man.

The worldly gains is in the side of Israel. That's why the Gulf Sheikhdoms, Saudi-Turkey-UAE-Bahraini regimes as well as ghulat amongs us normalize ties with Israel and defend its existence.

While the Islamic Republic of Iran and even non muslims such as Venezuela, North Korea suffer (sanctions and else) for they support Palestine.

Edited by islamicmusic

• Advanced Member

This topic seems to have diverged from the original question, hehe.
Although I should say, Abu Talib and Abu Lulu are not real "names" per se? They're more like epithets/titles/descriptives names, if you know what I mean, since Abu Talib and Abu Lulu literally mean "Father of Talib" and "Father of Lulu" respectively, which is why I find it a bit weird to name a child "Abu Talib" or any "Abu Fulan" to be more specific, since technically they're not the fathers of anyone :woot:.

Many historical personnalities have these kunyas however, and sometimes they're far more popular than their real names, here are some examples:

- Abal Qasim --> Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family)

-Abu Lahab (he called himself Abu al-Hakam) --> 'Abd al-'Uzza bin Abd al-Muttalib (may he be cursed)

-Abi Talib --> 'Abd Manaf bin Abd al-Muttalib (peace be upon him)

-Abu Sufyan --> Sakhr ibn Harb ibn Umayya (may he be cursed)

-Abu Muhammad and Aba 'Abdillah --> respective kunyas for Imams Hassan and Hussain (peace be upon them both)

One exception however I think is Abu Bakr (which by the way, the 1st caliph's real name is 'Abdullah ibn Abi Quhafah), this name is far too popular, sometimes abbreviated as Aboubakr. But I haven't seen anyone named "Abu Something" other than Bakr (as a real first name), but maybe this is just me?

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

My dear brother Muhammad. Yes, you are right on the kunyas/titles. However, it is far more widespread than just the title AbuBakr.

We shia muslims have a few titles that are equated with great personalities as names for our children as well. Such as Abu'l-Fadhl, Abu Turab and Abu Zarr.

But the first two titles/names mentioned by the op are not common amongst shias and the name Abu Lulu is just not there among us.

It is just surprising for me the brother has a cool nickname that says Labbayka Ya Khamenei yet he shared the videos of an American agent who curses Imam Khamenei and Iran 7/24. It seems the brother is going overboard as a reaction to wahhabis and is not caring who the "sheikhs" are and if they are ghulat or not. It seems OK for him as long as someone is "refuting" sunnism. Sad indeed. We should not hold views of and share the foul mouth akhbari "sheikhs". We have balanced usouli shia scholars and none of them goes overboard or praise a polytheist for killing Umar.

https://www.aparat.com/v/y8joh

Here's a video of a poet reciting his poem about Al Ghadeer. Rahbar, after listening to the poem, says that Sheikh Abdulhusain Amili was the flagbearer of shia Islam and embodiment of shia defence. And he wrote 20 volumes book proving Ghadir Khumm and defending in Shia Islam. But in his books and elsewhere he never speaks a foul language, neither he defends some wrong people in contrast to other wrong people.

Edited by islamicmusic

• Advanced Member
49 minutes ago, islamicmusic said:

My dear brother Muhammad. Yes, you are right on the kunyas/titles. However, it is far more widespread than just the title AbuBakr.

We shia muslims have a few titles that are equated with great personalities as names for our children as well. Such as Abu'l-Fadhl, Abu Turab and Abu Zarr.

But the first two titles/names mentioned by the op are not common amongst shias and the name Abu Lulu is just not there among us.

It is just surprising for me the brother has a cool nickname that says Labbayka Ya Khamenei yet he shared the videos of an American agent who curses Imam Khamenei and Iran 7/24. It seems the brother is going overboard as a reaction to wahhabis and is not caring who the "sheikhs" are and if they are ghulat or not. It seems OK for him as long as someone is "refuting" sunnism. Sad indeed. We should not hold views of and share the foul mouth akhbari "sheikhs". We have balanced usouli shia scholars and none of them goes overboard or praise a polytheist for killing Umar.

https://www.aparat.com/v/y8joh

Here's a video of a poet reciting his poem about Al Ghadeer. Rahbar, after listening to the poem, says that Sheikh Abdulhusain Amili was the flagbearer of shia Islam and embodiment of shia defence. And he wrote 20 volumes book proving Ghadir Khumm and defending in Shia Islam. But in his books and elsewhere he never speaks a foul language, neither he defends some wrong people in contrast to other wrong people.

Brother can you show evil he curses because I remember when I watch him someone said do you hate iran he replied how can I hate a shia country. The most religious and righteous ans also said he wants to live in Qom.

I just gave example of Abu lulu but I can give you another example sistani RA he was explaining what's eid el Zahra and somewhere he said imam zayd was mourning for 80 days than he smiled when al muhktar took revenge for fatima al zahra SA

http://www.duas.org/eidzehra.htm

But it's all you

If you have been in kashan you will know, if you listen to ziyrat Al Ashura you will know. I asked for a question was wonder because I see shias named khalid, Walid, Saddam they all have bad history.

On eid I don't recommend you go to husyania you might get hurt from the nashed.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Mohamad Abdel-Hamid said:

-Abu Lahab (he called himself Abu al-Hakam) --> 'Abd al-'Uzza bin Abd al-Muttalib (may he be cursed)

Oh btw I just realized that Ithink I made a mistake here, it was Abu Jahl who used to call himself Abal Hakam, not Abu Lahab. Woopsie! (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Labyika ya Khamenei said:

Brother can you show evil he curses because I remember when I watch him someone said do you hate iran he replied how can I hate a shia country. The most religious and righteous ans also said he wants to live in Qom.

I just gave example of Abu lulu but I can give you another example sistani RA he was explaining what's eid el Zahra and somewhere he said imam zayd was mourning for 80 days than he smiled when al muhktar took revenge for fatima al zahra SA

http://www.duas.org/eidzehra.htm

But it's all you

If you have been in kashan you will know, if you listen to ziyrat Al Ashura you will know. I asked for a question was wonder because I see shias named khalid, Walid, Saddam they all have bad history.

On eid I don't recommend you go to husyania you might get hurt from the nashed.

There you go. The lunatic calls Imam Khamenei kaffir twice and malun, the accursed even in this short video.

And eid al-zahra has nothing to do with Abu Lulu.

Edited by islamicmusic

• Advanced Member
14 hours ago, islamicmusic said:

The worldly gains is in the side of Israel.

And not in the side of Umar? Israel want the world, but Umar didn't? 

If Israel was worse then the second caliph Umar, we would have been ordered to say this in Ziyarat Ashura:

اَللَّهُمَّ خُصَّ أَنْتَ أَوَّلَ ظَالِمٍ بِٱللَّعْنِ مِنِّي
وَٱبْدَأْ بِهِ أَوَّلًا
ثُمَّ ٱلْعَنِ إسرائيل وَٱلثَّالِثَ وَٱلرَّابِعَ

O Allah, pour special curses on the foremost persecutor
and begin with him first,
and then pour curses on Israel, the third, and the fourth.

• Advanced Member
13 hours ago, Labyika ya Khamenei said:

If you have been in kashan you will know

Salam tomb of Abu lulu in Kashan doesn't  belong to Pirooz/Firooz Nahavandi who has been  the killer of Umar according  to Wahabi propaganda  which it said that he has born in Nahavand ( A city in western boarder  of Iran where Muslim army entered  through  it to Iran) or Kashan (A city in central part of Iran)  which story of transporting him to Kashan by Imam  Ali(عليه السلام) has been  forged by Ghulat in 7th century which tomb of Abululu in Kashan belongs to a Darvish/Sufi in name of "Baba Shja aldin" which his title  was Abu Lulu for having a daughter in name of "Lulu" which later Gulat & radicals  has misused similarity in title for making his tomb as a center for spreading  hatred against  Sunnis. 

Motivation to kill Omar
Disregarding Abulul's complaint
There is not much information in historical sources about the motive for killing Omar by Abu Lulu. According to the oldest narrations, Mughirah ibn Shu'bah wrote a letter from Kufa to Umar in Medina and asked him to allow his slave Abululu to come to Medina and  people  benefit from his techniques such as painting, blacksmithing, and carpentry. Omar agreed, despite banning non-Arabs from entering  to Medina by Umar.

After a while, Abu Lulu complained to Umar about his master Mughirah, who owed him a heavy tribute. But the caliph did not accept his complaint and Abu Lulu, who was angry with the caliph's disregard, uttered threatening words. Shortly after the conversation, Abu Lulu ambushed him in the mosque, killing him during morning prayers, and committing suicide after injuring several others. [6]

Companions dissatisfaction from Umar
Another view of the motive behind Umar's assassination is that some of the elders of the Companions, dissatisfied with Umar's harshness, plotted to assassinate the Caliph, and Abu Lulu was the only means of execution. [7] There is also evidence that some people   has already been warned about this to The caliph, [8] however, the narrations that have made the story of Umar's murder legendary cannot be trusted. [9]

Bloodlust of Ubaidullah Ibn Umar

Tomb attributed to Abululu in Kashan
However, after Umar was killed, 'Abd al-Rahman ibn' Awf [10] claimed that the subject of Umar's murder was a conspiracy between Abu Lulu and two other men named Hormozan and Jafineh. For this reason, Ubaidullah ibn Umar killed them and the young daughter of Abu Lulu at his father's bloodrevenge. [11] 

And since such an accusation had not been substantiated, the issue of the disregarding  of the new caliph Uthman in the face of their assassination was later drawn into a verbal dispute. [13]

300px-%D8%A7%D8%A8%D9%88%D9%84%D9%88%D9%84%D9%88.jpg

Tomb attributed to Abu lulu in Kashan

https://fa.wikishia.net/view/فیروز_نهاوندی

This is the word of Ayatollah Khamenei:

Some people, in the name of making the heart of Fatemeh Zahra ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) happy, are doing something in the world these days and in this period to cripple the revolution that is the product of Fatemeh Zahra's struggle.If someone  does an action which those enemy  of revolution ,That intelligence agent of America , that the spy agent of American mercenary countries  finds a tool, find a reason, find a tape, take it here and there, say this is the country whose revolution you want to accept, do you know what a catastrophe is happening? Some people are doing this in the name of Fatemeh Zahra, while Fatemeh Zahra is not satisfied. All this effort has been made for this school… At that time, a person who is not clear that affected by which stimulus, in the name of making the heart of Fatemeh Zahra happy, will do something to make the enemies of Hazrat Zahra happy.

بعضی‌ها به نام شاد کردن دل فاطمه زهرا(س)، این روزها و در این دوران کاری می‌کنند که انقلاب را که محصول مجاهدت فاطمه زهراست، در دنیا لنگ کنند… اگر امروز کسی کاری کند که آن دشمن انقلاب، آن مأمور سیاسی آمریکا، آن مأمور استخبارات کشورهای مزدور آمریکا، وسیله‌ای پیدا کند، دلیل پیدا کند، نواری پیدا کند، ببرد این‌جا و آن‌جا بگذارد، بگوید کشوری که شما می‌خواهید انقلابش را قبول کنید این است، می‌دانید چه فاجعه‌ای اتفاق می‌افتد؟ بعضی‌ها دارند به نام فاطمه زهرا(س) این کار را می‌کنند، در حالی که فاطمه زهرا راضی نیست. این همه زحمت برای این مکتب کشیده شده… آن‌وقت یک نفری که معلوم نیست تحت تأثیر کدام محرکی واقع شده، به نام شاد کردن دل فاطمه زهرا کاری بکند که دشمنان حضرت زهرا را شاد بکند

http://didban.ir/fa/news-details/3626/افسانه-ابولولو-چیست-و-چگونه-ساخته-شد؟/

• Advanced Member

Present Time:

After the Islamic Revolution in Iran, during the leadership of Imam Khomeini, holding such few ceremonies to celebrate the killing of the Second Caliph was banned and Mohtashami pur, the interior minister at that time, seriously reacted to the organizers of those ceremonies. One of the reasons of banning such ceremonies was announced to provoke Shi'a-Sunni disputes and adding fuel to the flames of sectarian turmoil. Using unmannerly language, and sometimes provocative and performing plays which violated common norms of the society were among the reasons for banning those ceremonies. Following the banning of those ceremonies, the tomb attributed to Abu Lu'lu' in Kashan was closed by police in 2007.

https://en.wikishia.net/view/Ninth_of_Rabi'_I

This is all changed most scholars say we can't do this publicly but people still record and upload in Iran YT

• Advanced Member
16 hours ago, Labyika ya Khamenei said:

This is all changed most scholars say we can't do this publicly but people still record and upload in Iran YT

Salam a Farsi speaking in YT doesn't  mean that it belongs to Iran which  There is Shirazi grouplet & anti Iranian regime channels in Farsi language  in YT  & other social  platforms  are spreading many misinformation  & propaganda  which for example Shirazi crew spreads false & hateful  videos from other countries  likewise Afghanistan  & Pakistan then claims it has happened  in Iran which MKO terrorist  cyber army promotes  it in name of Iran by using too much fake accounts for increasing  views  & followers  & comments of insulting  to Sunni figures  of any anti Iran channel  whether shirazi grouplet  or any anti Iranian  regime channels .