Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Removing doubts about Shi'a Islam

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

سلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

If someone is having doubts about Shi'a Islam or the Qur'an and has no one to talk to, inshallah I could answer your questions. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Malik Haider

I've had a question in my mind which has bothered me.

Why did Imam Hassan drink his wife's poison, knowing what was in? Can this be considered suicide (na'uzobillah)? 

I just want to know, salam.

• Veteran Member

When someone is on a Mission from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and to fulfill His Directives, whatever comes he must undergo and endure, knowingly or unknowingly.

When Musa(عليه السلام) went to confront Firoun and he didn't know that his cane can turn into real snake.

Ibrahim (عليه السلام) has to slaughter Ismail (عليه السلام), but at the last minute Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) replaced Ismail (عليه السلام) with an animal.  Who will slaughter a son?

Wallahualam 

Layman.

• Advanced Member
On 5/20/2022 at 9:05 AM, Guest Malik Haider said:

Why did Imam Hassan drink his wife's poison, knowing what was in? Can this be considered suicide (na'uzobillah)? 

Salam without  doubt any infallible  Imam (عليه السلام) doesn't  commit suicide but on the other hand all them knew that their life has been  in danger since their birth or maybe before born in case of Imam  Mahdi (aj) which in case of Imam  Hasan (عليه السلام) he himself stated that he has been poisoned  many times by cursed Muawiah (la) before last poisoning  by his wife which he has survived previously but he knew that he won't survive from last poisoning  by his wife also he has not eaten poison  by his choice.

Did “Muawiyah” order Imam “Hassan” [AS] to be poisoned?Manipulating facts by clean hands!

As Sunni scholars have admitted, “Ibn Sa’d” and “Tabari” have quoted the story of Imam “Hassan” [AS]’s poisoning at the instruction of “Muawiyah” in their books but this issue has been deleted from these books!

After mentioning the name of group of Sunni scholars who believed that “Muawiyah” ordered “Hassan bin Ali” [AS] to be poisoned, “Sibt bin Jawzi al-Hanafi” writes:

“Shu’bi” has said: the reason of this saying is that Imam “Hassan” who had realized this act of “Muawiya” said: you made his wish coming true, swear by god he won’t fulfill his promise and won’t live up to what he said.

Scholars including “Ibn ‘Abd al-barr” have said:”Ja’da”, daughter of “Asha’th bin Qays”,Imam “Hassan” [AS]’s wife, has poisoned him.

“Suddi” has said: “Yazid bin Muawiyah” sent her message secretly that if you poison “Hassan”, I’ll marry you to my son, “Ja’da” did so, when Imam “Hassan” passed away, she sent someone to “Yazid” to fulfill his promise, he answered: swear to god we were dissatisfied of what you did to Hassan, will it accept it about ourselves?

“Shu’bi” has said: “Muawiyah” sent her message secretly and said: poison “Hassan”, I’ll let you marry “Yazid” and will give you one hundred thousand Dirhams. When “Hassan” left the world , she sent someone to “Muawiya” to grant his promise, “Muawiya” sent the money for her and said: I like “Yazid” and want him to live, if it didn’t happen I’d let you to marry him.

“Shu’bi” has said: the reason of this saying is that Imam “Hassan” who had realized this act of “Muawiya” said: you made his wish coming true, swear by god he won’t fulfill his promise and won’t live up to what he said.

“Ibn al-Jawzi Hanbali” has said in his book “as-Sifat”: “Ya’qub” bin Sufyan” has written in his “history book”: “Ja’da” is the one who poisoned Imam Hassan and poet has said in this regard:

{O World} you deceive! How enjoyable you are {that you can tempt people}/// despite the pressure of grief, but people are happy because of you! /// the grief made by the demise of prophet and his successor and Hussein’s martyrdom and Hassan’s poisoning!

And “ibn Sa’d” in his book “Al-Tabaqat”: “Muawiyah” poisoned Imam “Hassan” [AS] several times; because he and his brother “Hussein” would come to “Sham”. {city in Syria}

Sibt al-Jawzi al-Hanafi, “Tazkirat al-Khawas- p191, 192

https://www.valiasr-aj.com/english/shownews.php?idnews=458

https://www.sibtayn.com/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5941:mu-awiya-s-plot-to-poison-imam-hasan-as&catid=576&Itemid=671

A forensic hypothesis for the mystery of al-Hasan’s death in the 7th century: Mercury(I) chloride intoxication

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4923806/

• Advanced Member

[18]. Refer to the following relation historical books from both the Shia and Sunni schools of thought: Irshād Mufīd, pgs. 356 and 357; Manāqib Ibn Shahr Āshūb, vol. 4, pgs. 47-49; Biḥār al-Anwār, vol. 44, p. 147; Tārīkh al-Khulafāʾ by Suyūṭī, p. 214; Sharḥ Nahj al-Balāghah by Ibn Abī al-Ḥadīd, vol. 16, p. 29; Mukhtaṣar Tārīkh al-Damishq, vol. 7, p. 39; Tadhkirat al-Khawāṣ by Sibṭ ibn Jawzī, pgs. 191 and 192. Ibn ʿAbd al-Birr in his Istīʿāb (vol. 1, p. 440) has mentioned some details in the life of Imam Hasan (ʿa) and he has written in this regard: Some have mentioned that the woman poisoned the Imam based on a plot hatched by Muʿāwīyah due to a sum of money that was paid to her. ( وَ قَالَتْ طائِفَةٌ: كَانَ ذَلِكَ مِنْهَا بِتَدْسِيسِ مُعاوِيَةَ إِلَيْهَا وَ مَا بَذَلَ لَهَا فِي ذلِكَ).

https://makarem.ir/news/en/News/Details/400574/Some-Teachings-from-the-Life-of-Imam-Al-Hasan-(39%3Ba)-by-Ayatollah-Makarem-Shirazi

https://www.al-khoei.org/martyrdom-of-al-imam-alhasan/

https://www.erfan.ir/english/86106.html

• Veteran Member
Posted (edited)

Knowing much earlier on how Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) want us to die in His (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) way is not suicide.  It is an honor and blessings. So we have a mission to live and how to die.

Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) wanted Imam Ali (عليه السلام) to die due the sword struck on his head while making sujud.  If Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has other way of Imam Ali to die, Ali (a) would have survived the blow from Ibnul Muljam.

Imam Hassan (عليه السلام) has survived earlier poisoning attempts, but the last type of poison, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) wanted Imam to die.

Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) chooses how each Imam to die from various attempts to kill them. Ibnul Abd Wud struck Imam Ali (عليه السلام) on the head during one to one fight in the battle of Khandaq.  Imam Ali (عليه السلام) survived.  Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) wanted Imam Ali to survive... and make a voice from the sky "no sword better than zulfikar and no men better than Ali". That strike cause some mark on Ali (عليه السلام) head but did not killed him.

Majority of us will know when we will going to die, but just a few seconds, minutes, or hours ahead.  It is too late to most of us. Let say we involve in major car accident, we have just few seconds to realize that we are going to die.  Imagine if we know years ahead on how we are going to die (like Imams).  We will make preparations for it. It will be a blessing and not a suicide.

Usually when an Imam got killed, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) wanted us to know the who are the real enemies of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).  So future generation can learn and save themselves.

Wallahualam. 

Edited by layman