Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Corrupted mind

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam alaykom brothers and sisters,

I’ve been really worried since the past few days because of my corrupted mind. I always get images of human beings in my mind that are all the time in my head that I can’t remove and whenever I try to do dhikr they are here. I’m scared that unintentionally I’ve done shirk. It has been killing me. Even when I’m not paying attention and doing dhikr I get these thoughts. I try to not to think of anything but they are legit stuck in my head feeling as if I’ve commited shirk without realizing. I do believe in Allah as The One Lord the concept of Tawhid, that there’s nothing like Him and He’s like no One. I have been struggling a lot for years as depression, loneliness, overthinking all the time 24/7, having a failure life, always doubting my self in everything, I don’t know of that has to do with whatever I’m going through. But you might have an idea because of my past posts of what kind of life I’ve went through. I know I’m not alone, but I’m struggling to get closer to God. I always have these images since a year, I’m worried for my future if I will go to hell forever. 

• Advanced Member
14 hours ago, Hassan01 said:

Salam alaykom brothers and sisters,

I’ve been really worried since the past few days because of my corrupted mind. I always get images of human beings in my mind that are all the time in my head that I can’t remove and whenever I try to do dhikr they are here. I’m scared that unintentionally I’ve done shirk. It has been killing me. Even when I’m not paying attention and doing dhikr I get these thoughts. I try to not to think of anything but they are legit stuck in my head feeling as if I’ve commited shirk without realizing. I do believe in Allah as The One Lord the concept of Tawhid, that there’s nothing like Him and He’s like no One. I have been struggling a lot for years as depression, loneliness, overthinking all the time 24/7, having a failure life, always doubting my self in everything, I don’t know of that has to do with whatever I’m going through. But you might have an idea because of my past posts of what kind of life I’ve went through. I know I’m not alone, but I’m struggling to get closer to God. I always have these images since a year, I’m worried for my future if I will go to hell forever. 

im feeling the same way, it was killing me i said ya hussain because i thought jinn or magic was comming off me when i did matam at ashura when i did it there so i said ya hussain on my own again to see if it would happen again, so i kno what you feel, i was worried like you too! but im realizing it wasnt really, so im gettingthrough it.

• Advanced Member

Salam. I am sorry that you haven't received any replies 

I think its the effect of depression, loneliness, overthinking etc and moreover you wanting to get closer to God. 

Shaytan focuses on those wanting to get closer to God and having issues in life and struggling, makes it easier for his whispers to be effective. His whispers is will sound like our voice which makes it easier to get sinful thoughts. I think our struggle will continue but we remember to get up whenever we fall.

----------------------------- Solutions are easier said then done. Anyways you have to do your best, you gotta keep fighting.

Do not give on God Mercy. Pray to God to protect you from whispers of Shaytan.

Try and find solutions to some of your difficulties. 

• Advanced Member

Managing intrusive thoughts - Harvard Health

5 best ways to deal with Intrusive Thoughts (balanceluxuryrehab.com)

Dealing with Intrusive Thoughts: 3 Helpful Strategies | Counselling Matters (counselling-matters.org.uk)

you are suffering from intrusive thoughts

You won't go to hell at all for that, and some of us have experienced those thoughts before and we are now fine. Intrusive thoughts will be horrible thoughts, but interacting with them makes them worse.

As for your overthinking and your bad thought processes, you should go do therapy, something like cbt or whatever therapy the therapist recommends to change your thought patterns

For your loneliness, I can't advise you on close contact , but for online, if you go to this link

(1) Shi'a Islam (reddit.com)

and you go to the sidebar, you will see shia discord servers which you can join and make shia friends and talk with others.

As for your depression and mental health, some generic advice is to 

have: 

vitamin D in a high enough amount

enough omega 3s

probiotics for your gut

long walks

cruciferous vegetables

cut out:

sugar

processed carbs

vegetable oils

this isn't a substitute for medical advice, but these are changes to bring into your life.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
On 4/28/2022 at 11:10 AM, Guest Someone said:

Wasalam

Seems like your are experiencing OCD symptoms. Please read this and see if it fits: https://theocdandanxietycenter.com/intrusive-thoughts/

If it does, I would suggest seeking out the help of a therapist.

On 4/29/2022 at 6:58 AM, Meedy said:

Salam. I am sorry that you haven't received any replies 

I think its the effect of depression, loneliness, overthinking etc and moreover you wanting to get closer to God. 

Shaytan focuses on those wanting to get closer to God and having issues in life and struggling, makes it easier for his whispers to be effective. His whispers is will sound like our voice which makes it easier to get sinful thoughts. I think our struggle will continue but we remember to get up whenever we fall.

----------------------------- Solutions are easier said then done. Anyways you have to do your best, you gotta keep fighting.

Do not give on God Mercy. Pray to God to protect you from whispers of Shaytan.

Try and find solutions to some of your difficulties. 

Salam, 

yes you are absolutly right. It’s a lot of factors in my life and mental health issues that affected my mind and soul. But I’m just scared that because of my corrupted mind I did shirk unintentionally. I know despairing from God’s mercy is the second sin. But what should I do if I have committed unintentionally shirk because of so many problems in my life? Am I going not a muslim anymore and going for hell forever? 

• Advanced Member
On 4/29/2022 at 7:20 AM, VoidVortex said:

Managing intrusive thoughts - Harvard Health

5 best ways to deal with Intrusive Thoughts (balanceluxuryrehab.com)

Dealing with Intrusive Thoughts: 3 Helpful Strategies | Counselling Matters (counselling-matters.org.uk)

you are suffering from intrusive thoughts

You won't go to hell at all for that, and some of us have experienced those thoughts before and we are now fine. Intrusive thoughts will be horrible thoughts, but interacting with them makes them worse.

As for your overthinking and your bad thought processes, you should go do therapy, something like cbt or whatever therapy the therapist recommends to change your thought patterns

For your loneliness, I can't advise you on close contact , but for online, if you go to this link

(1) Shi'a Islam (reddit.com)

and you go to the sidebar, you will see shia discord servers which you can join and make shia friends and talk with others.

As for your depression and mental health, some generic advice is to 

have: 

vitamin D in a high enough amount

enough omega 3s

probiotics for your gut

long walks

cruciferous vegetables

cut out:

sugar

processed carbs

vegetable oils

this isn't a substitute for medical advice, but these are changes to bring into your life.

Maybe I have OCD, but the problem I didn’t know how to deal with these thoughts so I started interacting with them. Like when shirk thoughts popped in my mind, I would say that the face of someone’s man coming in mind and trying to mess up my faith, that it I would give it a name like " oh that’s the Imam Mahdi (ajf) " to change to what the shaytan is trying to do and have an appreciation or a good idea like trying to switch a bad idea into a good one, but it just got worse, I don’t know if you understand me. But then later I started having more and more of these thoughts, faces of men considered as Imam Mahdi (ajf) to be considered as astaghfirullah and my mind would go crazy. Because I gave it a good idea I appreciated them, trying not to have bad ideas and shirk thoughts that’s what I was trying to get away from. The problem is because I interacted with them, every time I want to connect with God, these thoughts were all the time popping and it got a mixed, weird, scary, really anxious vibes of what to do??? I was like I tried to maie it look something else, I liked it because I associated the thought with Imam Mahdi (ajf) but then I trying to remember Allah and still having them thoughts got me anxious, I was like damn I can’t take off the " likeness to the Imam ". UGHHH it’s very mental torturing. I don’t know if unintentionally did shirk while remembering Allah because I showed love to the thoughts by naming it the Imam Mahdi (ajf). I am sooo scared and lost, my mind is really corrupted. 

Guest slaveofAllah
7 hours ago, Hassan01 said:

Maybe I have OCD, but the problem I didn’t know how to deal with these thoughts so I started interacting with them. Like when shirk thoughts popped in my mind, I would say that the face of someone’s man coming in mind and trying to mess up my faith, that it I would give it a name like " oh that’s the Imam Mahdi (ajf) " to change to what the shaytan is trying to do and have an appreciation or a good idea like trying to switch a bad idea into a good one, but it just got worse, I don’t know if you understand me. But then later I started having more and more of these thoughts, faces of men considered as Imam Mahdi (ajf) to be considered as astaghfirullah and my mind would go crazy. Because I gave it a good idea I appreciated them, trying not to have bad ideas and shirk thoughts that’s what I was trying to get away from. The problem is because I interacted with them, every time I want to connect with God, these thoughts were all the time popping and it got a mixed, weird, scary, really anxious vibes of what to do??? I was like I tried to maie it look something else, I liked it because I associated the thought with Imam Mahdi (ajf) but then I trying to remember Allah and still having them thoughts got me anxious, I was like damn I can’t take off the " likeness to the Imam ". UGHHH it’s very mental torturing. I don’t know if unintentionally did shirk while remembering Allah because I showed love to the thoughts by naming it the Imam Mahdi (ajf). I am sooo scared and lost, my mind is really corrupted. 

As-salamu alikium wa rahmatuLahi wa barakatuHu,

Bismillahi Ar-rahmani Ar-raheem,

Dear brother, 

You were away from Allah (Subhanahu wa ta'ala) for a while, until He brought you back not to long ago to Him. My dear brother, you must realize that Allah will not hold you accountable for these thoughts, and these thoughts CANNOT change your believe and tawhid in Allah (Yaza wa Jal) and just because you have sinful thoughts doesn't mean you get sins, THESE THOUGHTS ARE NOT FROM YOU AND ARE NOT YOU THEY ARE FROM SHAYTAN AND YOUR DISLIKE OF THESE THOUGHTS IS GIVING YOU GOOD DEEDS BECAUSE ALLAH CARES ABOUT YOUR REACTION TO THESE THOUGHTS AND NOT WHICH THOUGHTS YOU GET. You did not commit any type of shirk by giving them the title of Imam Mahdi (رضي الله عنه), and you did not accept them at all. There is no such thing as "unintentional shirk" it is about YOU and what YOU believe not the thoughts and feelings you get, even if you get a thought that Islam is false (astaghfirAllah) you must ask yourself, do you believe Islam is truth? If yes then THAT THOUGHT DOESN'T MATTER AT ALL JUST LET IT GO EVEN IF SHAYTAN TRIES TO MAKE YOU WORRIED, and your belief is correct don't worry.

Shaytan wants to make the believers sad, and you are sincerely seeking Allah my son, so many Shaytans are targeting you, especially since you are a young seeker of Allah, only 21 years old my son, you have still many years ahead of you insha Allah. Do not worry, soon this will go and you will see it was a gift from Allah The All Merciful, since by this tribulation you went through Allah will make it so you will be given all you seek without need for big actions, you will enter the presence of Allah without need for huge actions, trust Allah and be patient, seek refuge in Allah my son, and thank Allah much. This is only a small period of time, and shaytan wants you to think it will last forever, but it won't soon you will be past this without your own power or your own trying, it will just slowly go away, and you will see how much it was a gift. Ask Allah to remove it still, because it is a tribulation in this moment, and be patient.

May Allah (The Answering) forgive you, accept you, protect you, love you, and do for you all that is best for you and make you pleased and patient with all His decrees.

Say ameen, my son!

By the way, I went through exactly what you are describing and know from experience what happens, it's very common in the sincere seekers of Allah. No OCD therapy will fix this, although it's not haram to seek it, but just be patient and don't give power to these thoughts, Allah won't hold you accountable for ignoring them, JUST IGNORE NO MATTER IF YOU FEEL BAD FOR IGNORING. 

Hassan, my name is also Hassan, and you will soon understand, insha Allah.

And Allah knows best.

As-salamu Alikium wa rahmatuLahi wa barakatuHu.

Guest Abdul
9 hours ago, Hassan01 said:

Salam, 

yes you are absolutly right. It’s a lot of factors in my life and mental health issues that affected my mind and soul. But I’m just scared that because of my corrupted mind I did shirk unintentionally. I know despairing from God’s mercy is the second sin. But what should I do if I have committed unintentionally shirk because of so many problems in my life? Am I going not a muslim anymore and going for hell forever? 

If you die as a mushrik you will go to hell as the Quran states but you're still alive so don't overthink and as long as you do istegfar and you are sincere about it, Allah عز وجل will forgive you.

Istegfar and salawat, do 100 each day they will destroy your sins أن شاء الله . Keep doing istegfar everday with huge regret, make it a habit it will guide you and you will get out of the hole you are in. أن شاء الله.

الله يستر عليك 

• Advanced Member
19 hours ago, Hassan01 said:

Salam, 

Salam , It can be hidden Shirk which it doesn't  make you out of Islam so you won't  go to hell inshaAllah  anyway you need to do Istiqfar when your mind tricks  you which tradition  of prophet  Muhammad (pbu) has been doing 70 Istiqfar each day.

Hidden Shirk in the Praise of the Creature
"And most of them do not believe in Allah without associating others (with Him)." 
(Surah Yusuf 12:106)

While explaining this verse, Imam Ja'far as-Sadiq ((عليه السلام).) informed that one form of shirk is, 
"Like the saying of someone that if so and so had not been there I would have been destroyed. If so and so had not been there I would have got that thing. In the same way is to say that if so and so had not been there my children would have perished." 
(Behaarul Anwaar)

Such utterances signify the type of belief the speaker possesses. If he really has such a belief then he is surely a polytheists (mushrik). After this Imam ((عليه السلام).) said, 
"If one says, 'If Allah had not helped me through such and such person I would have perished,' there is no harm in it." In fact this is the essence of Tawheed.

https://www.erfan.ir/english/34244.html

• Advanced Member

Living the Right Way
Avoiding Hidden Shirk (Polytheism)

A) Shirk through Showing off

The Holy Prophet Muhammad (S) was asked: ‘How could one obtain the salvation of the Day of Judgement?’ He (S) answered: “Salvation is that you should not try to deceive Allah; lest He should return your deception to you; for anyone who tries to cheat Allah, will he cheated by Him and He will take the faith away from him. In this case man deceives his own self, and he does not know.”

He (S) was asked again: ‘How does a man try to deceive Allah?’ He (S) answered: “A person performs what Allah has ordered him, but he is concerned about other than Him”.

B) Shirk through Obedience

Concerning “And most of them do not believe in Allah without associating (with Him),”[^2] Imam Muhammad al-Baqir ((عليه السلام).) said: “It implies attributing partners in obedience, and not in worship. The sins that people commit are of this category; in this case they obey Satan and make him a partner with Allah in obedience.”

Concerning this Imam Ja’far al-Sadiq ((عليه السلام).) said: “It is attributing partners in obedience and not in worship. A man obeys Satan without knowing that; so he becomes a mushrik (polytheist).”

C) Shirk through Favours

Concerning “And most of them do not believe in Allah without associating others (with Him),”[^4] Imam Muhammad al-Baqir ((عليه السلام).) and Imam Ja’far al-Sadiq ((عليه السلام).) said: “It is attributing partners unto Him in favours which are given to man.”

Concerning the same ayat, Imam Ja’far al-Sadiq ((عليه السلام).) again said: “It is about him who says: ‘If such and such were not there, I or my family would have perished or afflicted by misfortune as you see, he considers a partner for Allah who provides for him and protects him.”

The Imam ((عليه السلام).) was asked about phrases like this: ***“***Had not Allah conferred me of His favour through such and such, I or my family would have perished, etc.” He ((عليه السلام).) said: “There is no blemish in an expression like this.”

Imam ‘Ali al-Rida ((عليه السلام).) said: “That is a kind of shirk (polytheism) which is less than disbelief.”

https://www.shiavault.com/books/living-the-right-way/chapters/4-avoiding-hidden-shirk-polytheism/

• Advanced Member

Munajat of Imam Ali (عليه السلام)

All Shia and Sunni must read this dua of Hazrat Ali (عليه السلام) in which Imam Ali(عليه السلام) has made it very clear that, it is Allah alone and none other then Him, Who deserves to be worshipped, and all including the Prophets and the Imams approach Him for anything and ever ything, they need in this world and hereafter.

Translation of the Munajat of Imam Ali(عليه السلام)

1- O Allah, I am asking for your protection against the day when nothing like wealth or children will be of use and only that person will benefit who will come with a pure hear t.

2- And I am asking for your protection against the day when a wrongdoer will be biting the back of his hand in regret and will be saying, 'Oh, I wish I had chosen the way shown by the Prophet of Allah.

3- And I am asking for your protection against the day when sinners will be known by their faces, and will be taken by their hair and feet.

4- And I am asking for your protection against the Day when a father will not ser ve instead of his son nor will a son be punished instead of his father for anything, since Allah has promised thus and His promise is true.

5- And I am asking for your protection against the Day when apologizing of the wrongdoers will not do them any good and because of that they will be cursed and will be put in the evil abode (of Jahannum)

6- And I am asking You for your protection against the day when nobody will have control over anybody and the power will belong to Allah (alone) that day.

Imam continues

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Master and I am the Slave, and who else can be merciful to the Slave except the Master?

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Owner and I am the one Owned by You. Who else can be merciful to the Owned except the Owner?

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Mighty and I am the Low, who else can be merciful to the Low except the Mighty?

My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Creator and I am the Creature, who else can be merciful to the Creature except the Creator? My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Glorious and I am the Miserable, who else can be merciful to the Miserable except the Glorious. My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Powerful and I am the Weak, Who else can be merciful to the Weak except the Powerful? My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Wealthy and I am the Poor, who else can be merciful to the Poor except the Wealthy. My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Bestower, and I am the Beggar, who else can be merciful to the Beggar, except the Bestower? My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Living, and I am the Dead, who else can be merciful to the Dead except the Living. My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Eternal, and I am the Transient, who else can be merciful to the Transient except the Eternal. My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Permanent, and I am the one Short-lived, who else can be merciful to the Shor t-lived except the Permanent? My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Provider, and I am the Blessed, who else can be merciful to the Blessed except the Provider? My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Generous, and I am the Miser, who else can be merciful to the Miser except the Generous? My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Free, and I am the Afflicted, Who else can be merciful to the Afflicted except the Free? My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Great, and I am the Insignificant Who else can be merciful to the Insignificant except the Great? My Lord, O my Lord, You are the Leading, and I am the Straying, Who else can be merciful to the Straying except the Leading. My Lord, O my Lord You are the Nourisher, and I am the Nourished, who else can be merciful to the Nourished except the Nourisher? My Lord, O my Lord, have mercy on me by Your Kindness, and be pleased with me by Your generosity and Your magnanimity and Your grace. O, the Generous, and Beneficent, O the Almighty and the Benefactor, by Your Mercy, O Most Kind. After reading these duas of Ameer ul mumineen Hazrat Ali (عليه السلام), no one but a mad man can call him god. Imam, who is the greatest and the most perfect man, has shown the depth of his humbleness and submission to Allah Subhanahu taala. He has beautifully demonstrated the truth that his greatness lies in his servitude to Allah.

All Muslims without any difference of opinion consider Shirk a major sin. But there is a serious controversy among the Muslims over the issue of identifying the Shirk. There are many things which some Muslims consider Shirk while they are not Shirk. It is a pity that Muslims do not settle their differences rationally and honestly in the light of the Holy Quran. Let's discuss some of these controversies and misconceptions about Shirk which have caused a serious tension among the Muslims.

https://www.shiavault.com/books/basic-beliefs-of-islam/chapters/8-chapter-8-polytheism-shirk/

• Advanced Member
20 hours ago, Hassan01 said:

Like when shirk thoughts popped in my mind, I would say that the face of someone’s man coming in mind and trying to mess up my faith, that it I would give it a name like " oh that’s the Imam Mahdi (ajf) " to change to what the shaytan is trying to do and have an appreciation or a good idea like trying to switch a bad idea into a good one, but it just got worse, I don’t know if you understand me. But then later I started having more and more of these thoughts, faces of men considered as Imam Mahdi (ajf) to be considered as astaghfirullah and my mind would go crazy.

The problem is because I interacted with them, every time I want to connect with God, these thoughts were all the time popping and it got a mixed, weird, scary, really anxious vibes of what to do??? I was like I tried to maie it look something else, I liked it because I associated the thought with Imam Mahdi (ajf) but then I trying to remember Allah and still having them thoughts got me anxious, I was like damn I can’t take off the " likeness to the Imam ". UGHHH it’s very mental torturing. I don’t know if unintentionally did shirk while remembering Allah because I showed love to the thoughts by naming it the Imam Mahdi (ajf). I am sooo scared and lost, my mind is really corrupted. 

Salam,

Let these thoughts pop up in your head. So what? You're not held accountable for them and you are giving yourself difficulty unnecessarily which can lead to resenting Islam. After a while of ignoring them they will go away by themselves. By giving attention to them, you are doing what the shaytan wants you to do.

But I’m just scared that because of my corrupted mind I did shirk unintentionally.

But what should I do if I have committed unintentionally shirk because of so many problems in my life? Am I going not a muslim anymore and going for hell forever? 

I have told you at least two times before that shirk is forgivable, and I showed you the tafsir and ruling of the maraji'. To keep on thinking that you might not be forgiven is totally unacceptable after that, especially when Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has said:

Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful." [39:53]

If you aren't just being overly obsessive and doubtful but rather you have a genuine psychological issue, then you should get it treated if possible.

• Advanced Member
On 5/23/2022 at 2:56 PM, Guest slaveofAllah said:

As-salamu alikium wa rahmatuLahi wa barakatuHu,

Bismillahi Ar-rahmani Ar-raheem,

Dear brother, 

You were away from Allah (Subhanahu wa ta'ala) for a while, until He brought you back not to long ago to Him. My dear brother, you must realize that Allah will not hold you accountable for these thoughts, and these thoughts CANNOT change your believe and tawhid in Allah (Yaza wa Jal) and just because you have sinful thoughts doesn't mean you get sins, THESE THOUGHTS ARE NOT FROM YOU AND ARE NOT YOU THEY ARE FROM SHAYTAN AND YOUR DISLIKE OF THESE THOUGHTS IS GIVING YOU GOOD DEEDS BECAUSE ALLAH CARES ABOUT YOUR REACTION TO THESE THOUGHTS AND NOT WHICH THOUGHTS YOU GET. You did not commit any type of shirk by giving them the title of Imam Mahdi (رضي الله عنه), and you did not accept them at all. There is no such thing as "unintentional shirk" it is about YOU and what YOU believe not the thoughts and feelings you get, even if you get a thought that Islam is false (astaghfirAllah) you must ask yourself, do you believe Islam is truth? If yes then THAT THOUGHT DOESN'T MATTER AT ALL JUST LET IT GO EVEN IF SHAYTAN TRIES TO MAKE YOU WORRIED, and your belief is correct don't worry.

Shaytan wants to make the believers sad, and you are sincerely seeking Allah my son, so many Shaytans are targeting you, especially since you are a young seeker of Allah, only 21 years old my son, you have still many years ahead of you insha Allah. Do not worry, soon this will go and you will see it was a gift from Allah The All Merciful, since by this tribulation you went through Allah will make it so you will be given all you seek without need for big actions, you will enter the presence of Allah without need for huge actions, trust Allah and be patient, seek refuge in Allah my son, and thank Allah much. This is only a small period of time, and shaytan wants you to think it will last forever, but it won't soon you will be past this without your own power or your own trying, it will just slowly go away, and you will see how much it was a gift. Ask Allah to remove it still, because it is a tribulation in this moment, and be patient.

May Allah (The Answering) forgive you, accept you, protect you, love you, and do for you all that is best for you and make you pleased and patient with all His decrees.

Say ameen, my son!

By the way, I went through exactly what you are describing and know from experience what happens, it's very common in the sincere seekers of Allah. No OCD therapy will fix this, although it's not haram to seek it, but just be patient and don't give power to these thoughts, Allah won't hold you accountable for ignoring them, JUST IGNORE NO MATTER IF YOU FEEL BAD FOR IGNORING. 

Hassan, my name is also Hassan, and you will soon understand, insha Allah.

And Allah knows best.

As-salamu Alikium wa rahmatuLahi wa barakatuHu.

Wa Alaykom esalam dear brother,

I am speechless, your words went through my heart, may Allah prepare for you a seat in Jannah for what you just said to me. It’s so dark being lonely and feeling like doors are closed infront of you, it’s hard hearing such words, when the only words you hear is from the shaytan. This is a gift from Allah what you just brought to me. I am thankful. 

And in your case for how long did you deal with these thoughts? And for how long did it took them to go away?

• Advanced Member
22 hours ago, Guest Abdul said:

If you die as a mushrik you will go to hell as the Quran states but you're still alive so don't overthink and as long as you do istegfar and you are sincere about it, Allah عز وجل will forgive you.

Istegfar and salawat, do 100 each day they will destroy your sins أن شاء الله . Keep doing istegfar everday with huge regret, make it a habit it will guide you and you will get out of the hole you are in. أن شاء الله.

الله يستر عليك 

Great advice thank you brother. 

• Advanced Member
11 hours ago, Muhammad A-H said:

Salam,

Let these thoughts pop up in your head. So what? You're not held accountable for them and you are giving yourself difficulty unnecessarily which can lead to resenting Islam. After a while of ignoring them they will go away by themselves. By giving attention to them, you are doing what the shaytan wants you to do.

I have told you at least two times before that shirk is forgivable, and I showed you the tafsir and ruling of the maraji'. To keep on thinking that you might not be forgiven is totally unacceptable after that, especially when Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has said:

Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful." [39:53]

If you aren't just being overly obsessive and doubtful but rather you have a genuine psychological issue, then you should get it treated if possible.

Wa alaykom esalam,

you are right brother you’ve told me this before, but after months I’ve read that shirk is to sin against God am I right? The verse, I am not surely right according to my understanding it speaks about those who sinned against themselves. So this is where I started to raise questions and got really scared. You tell me if I’m wrong brother.

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2022 at 12:27 PM, Hassan01 said:

I completely understand you. Make sure you press the links that I gave in my first reply and implement them. In reality those thoughts are baseless and engaging with them makes it worse. 

Try the links I gave out and make dua. As others said you are not sinning at all and the fear that you have is baseless as intrusive thoughts mean nothing. Some people who suffer intrusive thoughts are mothers who get thoughts of drowning their babies or get thoughts of harming themselves. Its quite a horrible condition I know. 

Another thing to help is hypnotherapy for intrusive thoughts. Try it out:

Stop Obsessive Thoughts | Hypnosis Downloads

its made by professionals and hopefully it will help.

Also you must try out breathing techniques like box breathing etc, they really calm you down. I truly know the struggle and know the false guilt you might feel. The guilt we have when we have these thoughts is misplaced. We don't need to feel guilt at all about these thoughts. We are not our thoughts. Our thoughts are just a result of our monkey mind racing. I sincerely hope you are healed from this.

Edited by VoidVortex

• Advanced Member
On 5/25/2022 at 5:22 AM, Hassan01 said:

Wa alaykom esalam,

you are right brother you’ve told me this before, but after months I’ve read that shirk is to sin against God am I right? The verse, I am not surely right according to my understanding it speaks about those who sinned against themselves. So this is where I started to raise questions and got really scared. You tell me if I’m wrong brother.

Salam,

Allah says in the quran: Whoever does a good deed - it is for himself; and whoever does evil - it is against the self. Then to your Lord you will be returned. [45:15]

So whenever you have sinned, you have sinned against yourself. Shirk is no exception to this.