Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

mental construct of Allah in mind during Salah

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Salam Alaykum.

Everytime I pray I have some sort of mental image of Allah because otherwise it becomes really hard for me to actually prayer. But its not a mental image in the sense of a body or physical form or something but just something I can sense. I know Allah is undescribeable and unsenseable but it is very difficult for me to get rid of this.

• Advanced Member
On 4/24/2022 at 10:15 PM, QasimiH said:

Salam Alaykum.

Everytime I pray I have some sort of mental image of Allah because otherwise it becomes really hard for me to actually prayer. But its not a mental image in the sense of a body or physical form or something but just something I can sense. I know Allah is undescribeable and unsenseable but it is very difficult for me to get rid of this.

Walaikum assalam

12 hours ago, VoidVortex said:

you can ask on al-islam.org/ask to zoheir ali esmail or Amina Inloes about this

Here's the link: https://www.al-islam.org/ask

I can't remember exactly where I heard this, but I remember hearing this about concentrating in prayer; if you want to focus, picture Heaven on your right, Hell on your left, and the Sirat in front of you, and imagine you are about to walk on the Sirat. Not sure if this actually works, I haven't tried it.

May Allah bless you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Basic Members

Thanks for the kind responses! And yes the hell, heaven and sirat thing is actually very good for concentration, you just have to make sure you keep the imagination in your head.