In the Name of God بسم الله

Fasting Question

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Saalams, 

I have a quick question, I was meant to do a ghusl a few days ago due to a sin I comited which happened after iftar. My shower and water isn't working so I hadn't done but I have been fasting does this mean all the fasts which I have done are accepted or not because I hadn't done ghusl. I manged to get the shower fixed today and have done it today. I have tried to contact Najaf.org but no response. 

• Advanced Member

W salaam,

Have you tried to call Sayyid Seestani's office? best to pick up the phone immediately if not,, don't wait for an email response as everyone is busy in this last part of the month of Ramadhan.

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

If you have no water to perform ghusl with, then it is obligatory to perform tayammum before fajr. If you did not do so, then the fasts are invalid and it is obligatory to repeat them.

Ruling 1592. In the event that someone who is junub on a night of the month of Ramadan does not perform ghusl until the time remaining to ṣubḥ prayers becomes short, he must perform tayammum and keep the fast and his fast is valid.

https://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2263/

As for whether or not kaffarah is obligatory, I am not sure. If you were able to learn the ruling by reading the Islamic Laws book of Al-Sayyid Al-Sistani but you did not, then most likely kaffarah for each invalid fast would be obligatory due to negligence. You can read about the rulings of kaffarah of Al-Sayyid Al-Sistani here:

https://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/ 

Edited by Muhammad A-H