In the Name of God بسم الله

Tahara from Blood

Rate this topic

Guest Anonymous Muslim

Guest Anonymous Muslim

Salam everyone, I have been seriously so concerned about the matter that blood is Najis, their is a lot of blood in our daily life and it’s becoming really hard to deal with 

One of the Main concerns I have nowadays is that is like the mucus from your nose Najis if it does contain some sort of brown pieces of blood or whatever, because it just becomes hard as I don’t always have access to a sink to wash my hands and then things go all over the place. And then it’s always just a disappointment because I seem to be struggling with this on a daily basis

Another Question I have is does washing my face normally with water from my hands, clean the impure parts on my face, since isn’t it technically qalil water or whatever 

your help would be much appreciated, as I hope this would ease my life from stress and worries in the future 

thanks 

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Guest Anonymous Muslim said:

Question I have is does washing my face normally with water from my hands, clean the impure parts on my face, since isn’t it technically qalil water or whatever 

Tap water is Kurr water which cleans ny impurity on any part of body.

4 hours ago, Guest Anonymous Muslim said:

One of the Main concerns I have nowadays is that is like the mucus from your nose Najis if it does contain some sort of brown pieces of blood or whatever, because it just becomes hard as I don’t always have access to a sink to wash my hands and then things go all over the place. And then it’s always just a disappointment because I seem to be struggling with this on a daily basis

you must not too much sensitive because A blood clot is also called a thrombus is not impure if it in form of dried brown pieces 

Dried blood on the wound

س ۱۷۶. What is the ruling on contact with dried blood on a wound after purification?

J. If it is blood, it is najis and contact with it with contagious moisture (contagious) causes the impurity of the visitor.

https://www.hawzahnews.com/news/497552/آیا-خون-خشک-شده-یا-خونابه-روی-زخم-نجس-است

• Advanced Member
On 4/21/2022 at 6:37 PM, Ashvazdanghe said:

Tap water is Kurr water which cleans ny impurity on any part of body.

That's only if the tap water is connected to kurr water. If the water is put in the hands and the hands move away from the tap, it becomes qalil water because the water in the hands becomes disconnected from the kurr water.

On 4/21/2022 at 2:18 PM, Guest Anonymous Muslim said:

If the blood came out within your nose and it did not come out of the nose, then this blood does not make your nose and mucus najis. And if something such as water touches the blood inside the nose, the water does not become najis according to Al-Sayyid Al-Sistani as long as the water did not come out of the nose with the blood. According to many other scholars however, the water does become najis upon contact with the blood within the nose.

If the mucus came out of the nose then only the part that contains the blood is impure, the rest of the mucus is pure. It is also not obligatory to investigate if there is impurity or not in the first place. If you are not confident that there is any blood, then assume that there is no blood.

Furthermore, if the blood became a scab or something similar to skin, then it is pure.

Ruling 215. Similarly, the inner parts of a human body – like the inside of the mouth, nose, and ears – become impure by coming into contact with an external impurity, but by removing the impurity they become pure. As for internal impurity – such as blood that comes out from in between the teeth – this does not cause the inner parts of the body to become impure. Similarly, if an external object inside the body comes into contact with internal impurity, it does not make the object impure. Therefore, if dentures come into contact with blood that comes out from in between the teeth, it is not necessary to wash the dentures; but if the dentures come into contact with impure food, it is necessary to wash them.

https://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2147/

On 4/21/2022 at 2:18 PM, Guest Anonymous Muslim said:

Another Question I have is does washing my face normally with water from my hands, clean the impure parts on my face, since isn’t it technically qalil water or whatever

You should use a small container, like a cup, to wash the face. If there is no intrinsic impurity and najis liquids on the face, then it is sufficient, according to Al-Sayyid Al-Sistani, to pour the water until it reaches all najis areas and wait until the najis used water flows off the face.

The face becomes pure but whatever the najis used water touches becomes najis if the water was first or second mutanajjis according to Al-Sayyid Al-Sistani.

Ruling 25. If qalīl water is poured onto an impure object in order to remove an intrinsic impurity from it and the qalīl water separates from the impure object, and if the impure object is from among those things that do not become pure by washing once(1),16 then in such a case, the qalīl water [that has separated from it] is impure. Similarly, if after removing the intrinsic impurity, qalīl water is poured onto an impure object in order to purify it and the qalīl water separates from it, then based on obligatory precaution it is impure.

https://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2118/

Ruling 168. If an area of the body or clothing is washed with qalīl water, both the impure area and the area around it where water usually reaches during washing become pure. Therefore, it is not necessary to wash those adjoining areas separately. The same applies if a pure object is placed by the side of an impure object and water is poured over both of them. For example, in order to wash one impure finger with water, if water is poured on all the fingers and impure water as well as pure water reaches all of them, then by the impure finger becoming pure, all the fingers become pure.
https://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2139/

Guest Zain

@Muhammad A-H but this is so complicated, how are we supposed to clean our face especially when the water goes everywhere and you consider that najis and then you would need to clean that which is a whole new procedure, could u just simplify and tell me an easy solution

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Guest Zain said:

@Muhammad A-H but this is so complicated, how are we supposed to clean our face especially when the water goes everywhere and you consider that najis and then you would need to clean that which is a whole new procedure, could u just simplify and tell me an easy solution

Remove the intrinsic impurity and impure liquids.

Then pour water over the impure area on the face.

Allow the used water to flow off the face in a way which is normal.

Then whatever the water touches after flowing off the face becomes impure upon obligatory precaution according to Al-Sayyid Al-Sistani. So you should remove the impure water then pour new water until it reaches all the impure areas and exceeds them a bit. Then the face and the other impure surface become pure according to Al-Sayyid Al-Sistani.

The water that was used to wash the other impure surface is pure according to Al-Sayyid Al-Sistani because the face was first mutanajjis without having intrinsic impurity on it, so the water used to wash the face would be second mutanajjis, and whatever it touches becomes third mutanajjis. Third mutanajjis things do not make anything else impure. Thus, after removing the impure water from the impure surface, it cannot make anything else impure.

If you do not want to remove the intrinsic impurity before the washing, but rather during the same washing, then pour water onto the face and keep on pouring until the intrinsic impurity flows off the face. Then the face becomes pure and whatever the najis used water and intrinsic impurity touches becomes impure (first mutanajjis due to contact with the intrinsic impurity).

Edited by Muhammad A-H

• Advanced Member
12 hours ago, Guest Zain said:

@Muhammad A-H thanks for that, I have another question is the mucus in nose which sometimes has blood najis? if it is how can we clean it since its inside the nose?

I already explained the ruling here:

On 4/24/2022 at 1:54 PM, Muhammad A-H said:

If the blood came out within your nose and it did not come out of the nose, then this blood does not make your nose and mucus najis. And if something such as water touches the blood inside the nose, the water does not become najis according to Al-Sayyid Al-Sistani as long as the water did not come out of the nose with the blood. According to many other scholars however, the water does become najis upon contact with the blood within the nose.

If the mucus came out of the nose then only the part that contains the blood is impure, the rest of the mucus is pure. It is also not obligatory to investigate if there is impurity or not in the first place. If you are not confident that there is any blood, then assume that there is no blood.

Furthermore, if the blood became a scab or something similar to skin, then it is pure.

Ruling 215. Similarly, the inner parts of a human body – like the inside of the mouth, nose, and ears – become impure by coming into contact with an external impurity, but by removing the impurity they become pure. As for internal impurity – such as blood that comes out from in between the teeth – this does not cause the inner parts of the body to become impure. Similarly, if an external object inside the body comes into contact with internal impurity, it does not make the object impure. Therefore, if dentures come into contact with blood that comes out from in between the teeth, it is not necessary to wash the dentures; but if the dentures come into contact with impure food, it is necessary to wash them.

https://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2147/

In short, according to Al-Sayyid Al-Sistani, if the blood was internal and it did not come from outside of the nose, then this blood does not make the nose impure and anything it touches while it remains inside the nose does not become impure as well. So if water goes into the nose and touches the blood inside the nose, the water is not impure. However, if the water comes out of the nose with blood particles in it, then the water becomes impure because the blood is now outside the nose.

If mucus comes out of the nose with blood, only the part that contains the blood is impure. The rest is pure.

Guest Obedes

@Muhammad A-H thanks for that, but what about often when you are sick and have a flue their is the wet thing that comes out of your nose often, I don't know what u call it sorry but i think you get the point so often my nose comes out and i have to wipe with my sleeves if their is no tissue and then i a few minutes after find out that their is a blood mucus inside so is my shirt najis now

• Advanced Member
13 hours ago, Guest Obedes said:

@Muhammad A-H thanks for that, but what about often when you are sick and have a flue their is the wet thing that comes out of your nose often, I don't know what u call it sorry but i think you get the point so often my nose comes out and i have to wipe with my sleeves if their is no tissue and then i a few minutes after find out that their is a blood mucus inside so is my shirt najis now

If you are confident that blood has touched your shirt, then it is impure. If you are not confident whether or not there is blood in the mucus, then the shirt remains pure and it is not obligatory to investigate.

On 4/28/2022 at 3:05 PM, Muhammad A-H said:

If mucus comes out of the nose with blood, only the part that contains the blood is impure. The rest is pure.

I forgot to mention that if the mucus is very runny such that it is similar to water in consistency, then when the blood comes out with it, the impurity spreads to all the mucus.

Ruling 123. Whenever syrup, oil, or a similar thing is of a consistency such that when some quantity of it is removed, it does not leave an empty space [due to the space refilling], then even if one part of it becomes impure, the entire quantity becomes impure. However, if it is such that when a part of it is removed it leaves an empty space – even if afterwards it becomes filled – then only the part that the impurity touches is impure. Therefore, if [in the latter scenario] mouse droppings fall into it, only the part that the droppings touch is impure and the rest is pure.
https://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2136/