In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam brothers and sisters

I was reading some passages from website that holds many of Grand Ayatollah Bahjat's writings and read the following on Imam Mahdi(atf) and I saw that he described the Imam of our Time (May Allah hasten his return) as "Commander of the Bees". Does anyone know why the Imam is given this description or the meaning behind it. I find it very curious. Subhanallah thank you for your time.

يعسوب الدين، هو لقب لعلي بن أبي طالب، لقّبه به رسول الله، ومعناه أنّه كما أنّ اليعسوب يكون دائماً متبوعاً من قبل سائر النحل، وليس في الخلية إلاّ يعسوب واحد، وهكذا فعلي بن أبي طالب واجب الاتباع من قبل المؤمنين؛ لأنّه أميرُهم، ولا ينبغي 

• Advanced Member

Subhanallah thank you for that explanation which really makes me appreciate the title given to Imam Mahdi(atf) by Ayatollah Bahjat(May Allah be pleased him). What an insightful concept to think about! 

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Cool said:

Salam, 

It is perhaps related with the title "Ya'soobuddeen".

The chief of honey bees is called Ya'soob. It spends the better part of its day in flight. At the end of the day, it settles down in its place firmly, fixedly. In this very manner, Imam (a.t.f.s.) also shall settle down in his rightful position as the caliph and leader of mankind, without anyone to challenge his supremacy.

I need further explanation. The chief of all honeybees, or the chief of one tribe of honeybees? 

Honeybees don't have a leader in their hives. Everyone has a role and decisions are communal. There is no need for government. 

• Veteran Member
3 hours ago, notme said:

I need further explanation. The chief of all honeybees, or the chief of one tribe of honeybees? 

Honeybees don't have a leader in their hives. Everyone has a role and decisions are communal. There is no need for government. 

Would it make a difference if it were a queen bee?

The Arabic that cool posted is part of a quote from wikishia, it doesn't have a source so I assume it was written by the author of the page rather than some higher authority.

يعسوب الدين أو يعسوب المؤمنين، لقب أمير المؤمنين علي بن أبي طالب (ع)، لقّبه به رسول الله، ومعناه أنّه كما أنّ اليعسوب يكون دائماً متبوعاً من قبل سائر النحل، وليس في الخلية إلاّ يعسوب واحد، وهكذا فأمير المؤمنين (ع) واجب الاتباع من قبل المؤمنين؛ لأنّه أميرهم، ولا ينبغي للمؤمنين ولا للدين من أمير غيره (ع)، فإمام الناس واحد ومرجع الدين واحد.

https://ar.wikishia.net/view/يعسوب_الدين

Chief of the religion or chief of the belivers is a title of 'Ali b. Abi Talib (a) assigned to him by the Messenger of Allah (s). Its meaning is that, as the king (*queen) of the bees is always followed by the rest of the bees and there is only one king in the hive so likewise it is obligatory on the believers to follow the Commander of the Believers. Neither the faithful nor the religion should have a leader other than him (a) because the leader of the people is one and the source of the religion is one.

At the top of the article this narration is quoted:

قال رسول الله (ص): ستكون من بعدى فتنة فاذا كان ذلك فالزموا على بن أبى طالب فانه أول من آمن بى ، وأول من يصافحنى يوم القيامة وهو الصديق الأكبر ، وهو فاروق هذه الأمة ، وهو يعسوب المؤمنين

The Messenger of Allah (s) said: After me there will come trials, so when that happens follow 'Ali b. Abi Talib for he is the first to have believed in me and (will be) the first to line up (behind) me on the day of resurrection. He is the most truthful one (siddiq al-akbar) and the divider of this nation and he is the chief of the belivers.

al-Manaqib li-ibn Shahr Ashub 3/91

The word used to refer to the king bee is يعسوب (ya'sub) here is the dictionary definition do you can see how the definitions are linked.

Screenshot_20220402-020835_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220402-021623_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Ali_Hussain

• Moderators

Sure, queen bee, king bee, same thing.  It's a metaphor - gender doesn't matter.  

But queen bee doesn't fly all day.  She flies once, mates, then returns to the nest, where she lays eggs for the rest of her life. She doesn't have authority,  just an appointed and very important role. The workers will murder her and make a new queen if she fails to fulfill her one duty of laying healthy eggs.  

The only time the queen flies again is if the hive decides to swarm.  She will accompany most of her sisters and daughters as they seek a new hive location.  

That middle part about quitting the faction of sedition and going out with his partisans, journeying for the religion,  that might well be comparable to a swarm.  Thanks for the insight. 

Edited by notme

8 hours ago, notme said:

The chief of all honeybees, or the chief of one tribe of honeybees? 

Salam, 

Sister you are asking about chief of bees (ya'soob an-nehl) while Imam (عليه السلام) is mentioned as chief of deen (ya'soob al-deen) or chief of believers (ya'soob al-momineen). 

It is not necessary to try to apply the traits of chief bee to the chief of believers. Like Imam Ali (عليه السلام) is also known as lion of Allah (اسد الله). Lion is a beast, an animal and we do not apply all the traits of that beast/animal to a human.

So you must keep that in mind while doing efforts to understand the term & title "yasoob" given to the Imam. 

What I think is that this structure (ya'soob) has a rhetorical significance more than its realistic connotation. It is known that the ya'soob an-nehl is the prince or leader of the bees, and the Arabs do not know another meaning of the queen bee specifically its role in hives what we now know in light of modern science. 

I see queen bee as a "perfect bee" for she is the only female with fully developed ovaries. In the same manner the perfectness can be seen in Imam of time, who is Insaan e kamil (perfect human being) among humans. 

There is only one chief/queen bee at a time in a hive. So there is one Imam to be obeyed & followed among humans. 

The colony of bees used to facilitate/assist and serve the queen bee. Likewise the ummah is needed to obey, follow and assist the Imam of time. 

Hope that I am clear now.

Wassalam!

• Advanced Member

Salam,

If I may interject,

There is more than one view on why/how Imam Ali (عليه السلام) was named Amir of the Bees.

1-     It's narrated that Imam Ali ibn Musa Al Rida (عليه السلام) in the Tafseer of Aya 69 from Surat al Nah’l

:bismillah:

“﴿ ثُمَّ كُلِي مِن كُلِّ الثَّمَرَاتِ فَاسْلُكِي سُبُلَ رَبِّكِ ذُلُلاً يَخْرُجُ مِن بُطُونِهَا شَرَابٌ مُّخْتَلِفٌ أَلْوَانُهُ فِيهِ شِفَاء لِلنَّاسِ إِنَّ فِي ذَلِكَ لآيَةً لِّقَوْمٍ يَتَفَكَّرُونَ ﴾ “

Had said: The Prophet saww said: Ali is their Amir” hence he was named Amir of the Bees.

رُوِيَ عن الإمام علي بن موسى الرِّضَا ( عليه السَّلام ) في قول الله عَزَّ و جَلَّ : ﴿ ثُمَّ كُلِي مِن كُلِّ الثَّمَرَاتِ فَاسْلُكِي سُبُلَ رَبِّكِ ذُلُلاً يَخْرُجُ مِن بُطُونِهَا شَرَابٌ مُّخْتَلِفٌ أَلْوَانُهُ فِيهِ شِفَاء لِلنَّاسِ إِنَّ فِي ذَلِكَ لآيَةً لِّقَوْمٍ يَتَفَكَّرُونَ ﴾ 1 أنَّهُ قال : قَالَ النَّبِيُّ ( صلى الله عليه و آله ) : " عَلِيٌّ أَمِيرُهَا " فَسُمِّيَ أَمِيرَ النَّحْلِ .

2-     It’s also said that the Prophet saww sent a battalion to the castle of Beni Taghl (Thu’al), but the people of the castle fought them until they ran out of ammo/weapons (I’m assuming catapults) , so they started using bee hives to push the battalion back which worked. Once imam Ali as approached, the bees submitted to him, and hence he was named Amir of the Bees.

ـ وَ يُقَالُ إِنَّ النَّبِيَّ ( صلى الله عليه و آله ) وَجَّهَ عَسْكَراً إِلَى قَلْعَةِ بَنِي تغل [ ثُعَلٍ‏ ] فَحَارَبَهُمْ أَهْلُ الْقَلْعَةِ حَتَّى نَفِدَ أَسْلِحَتُهُمْ ، فَأَرْسَلُوا إِلَيْهِمْ كِوَارَ النَّحْلِ ، فَعَجَزَ عَسْكَرُ النَّبِيِّ ( صلى الله عليه و آله ) عَنْهَا ، فَجَاءَ عَلِيٌّ فَذَلَّتِ النَّحْلُ لَهُ ، فَلِذَلِكَ سُمِّيَ أَمِيرَ النَّحْلِ .

3-    It’s also narrated that there was a cave with bees inside and no one could reach but when Imam Ali (عليه السلام) arrived, he went in and came out with plenty of honey so Rasoolullah saww named him 'Amir of the Bees and the Ya’soob'.

ـ وَ رُوِيَ أَنَّهُ وُجِدَ فِي غَارِ نَحْلٍ فَلَمْ يُطِيقُوا بِهِ فَقَصَدَهُ عَلِيٌّ ( عليه السَّلام ) وَ شَارَ مِنْهُ عَسَلًا كَثِيراً ، فَسَمَّاهُ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ ( صلى الله عليه و آله ) أَمِيرَ النَّحْلِ وَ الْيَعْسُوبَ

I believe @Cool has explained Ya'soob thoroughly.

Wasalam

Soruces:

1. القران الكريم : سورة النحل ( 16 ) ، الآية : 69 ، الصفحة : 274 .

2. بحار الأنوار ( الجامعة لدرر أخبار الأئمة الأطهار ( عليهم السلام ) ) : 35 / 56 ، للعلامة الشيخ محمد باقر المجلسي ، المولود بإصفهان سنة : 1037 ، و المتوفى بها سنة : 1110 هجرية ، طبعة مؤسسة الوفاء ، بيروت / لبنان ، سنة : 1414 هجرية .

3. a. b. c. بحار الأنوار : 35 / 56.

• Advanced Member

Salam it's offtopic anyway  maybe have some points from "Jupiter ascending " movie.

In Jupiter Ascending (2015) bees are seen swarming around Mila Kunis's character Juniper - this is because bees are genetically designed to recognize royalty

image.jpeg.7d1b9e18d1620f62cb06a72c85c48378.jpeg

At first, the bees were able to keep their honey production hidden from everyone. But an elixir as enchanting as theirs could not be kept secret forever. Soon, creatures from near and far approached the hive and demanded that the bees share their honey.

Frustrated by the greedy trespassers and their neverending desire for more honey, the queen bee went to visit Jupiter. Surely he, the great sky god, would understand the plight of the honeybees.

“I thought the honey might be payment enough,” suggested the bee.

Jupiter laughed heartily. “Oh no, there isn’t enough honey in the world for that,” he said. “But I will grant you the weapon for which you asked. I call it a stinger. With one [Edited Out] from the stinger, your enemies will retreat in pain.”

“That sounds marvelous!” exclaimed the bee. “Now then, I will just be on my way if we’re finished—”

“But,” Jupiter interrupted, “anytime a bee chooses to use this weapon, they will pay for it with their life.”

The queen buzzed with rage. “But why?” she asked. “We only want to protect what is ours.”

“Well then, you have a choice,” said Juno. “You can spend your days safeguarding the honey at the risk of death. Or, share the joyful elixir with others and live as long as the gods intend.”

https://magickandalchemy.com/the-myth-of-jupiter-and-the-bees/

• Advanced Member

Sunni viewpoint 

The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said: ((The believer is like a bee which eats that which is pure and wholesome and lays that which is pure and wholesome. When it lands on something it does not break or ruin it.))۱۴ تیر ۱۳۷۸

Islamic Education- The Knowledge of Heartshttps://alhudagroup-tr.com › web › article-text › Propheti...
https://muwasala.org/2011/09/07/the-believer-is-like-a-bee/

• Advanced Member

Shia viewpoint 

'Nahl' denotes the Infallible Imams

Part 26: 'Nahl' denotes the Infallible Imams

‘Nahl’ denotes the Infallible Imams ((عليه السلام).)

The Almighty Allah says:

وَأَوْحَى رَبُّكَ إِلَى النَّحْلِ.

And your Lord revealed to the bee… (Surah Nahl 16:68)

Some have said that it was an inspiration to the bee. Some say that it was made in their ‘Teenat’ (life clay) and it was created on this same ‘Teenat’.

أَنْ اتَّخِذِي مِنْ الْجِبَالِ بُيُوتًا وَمِنْ الشَّجَرِ وَمِمَّا يَعْرِشُونَ.

Make hives in the mountains and in the trees and in what they build: (Surah Nahl 16:68)

Imam Sadiq ((عليه السلام).) that he said: We are the ‘bees’ on whom Allah sent revelation

What is the value of the honeybees that Allah should send revelation on them? This verse was revealed in our praise and Allah has compared us to the honeybee. We are under the command of Allah and ‘mountains’ refers to our Shias and ‘tree’ refers to the believer ladies.

In the explanation of this verse Ali Ibne Ibrahim has narrated from Imam Sadiq ((عليه السلام).) that he said: We are the ‘bees’ on whom Allah sent revelation and ‘mountains’ refers to the Arabs. Allah has commanded us to make the Arab Shias. ‘And in the trees’ means the non-Arabs; and ‘in what they build’ refers to those freed slaves who got mixed in the tribes of Arabs though originally they were non-Arabs. The meaning of the drinking of different colours is that the different sciences that are manifested through us.

Dailami has also narrated from the same Imam on the explanation of this verse that: What is the value of the honeybees that Allah should send revelation on them? This verse was revealed in our praise and Allah has compared us to the honeybee. We are under the command of Allah and ‘mountains’ refers to our Shias and ‘tree’ refers to the believer ladies.

https://www.al-islam.org/hayat-al-qulub-vol3-allamah-muhammad-baqir-al-majlisi/part-26-nahl-denotes-infallible-imams

• 3 months later...
  • Advanced Member
On 4/2/2022 at 5:44 AM, Ali_Hussain said:

Would it make a difference if it were a queen bee?

The Arabic that cool posted is part of a quote from wikishia, it doesn't have a source so I assume it was written by the author of the page rather than some higher authority.

يعسوب الدين أو يعسوب المؤمنين، لقب أمير المؤمنين علي بن أبي طالب (ع)، لقّبه به رسول الله، ومعناه أنّه كما أنّ اليعسوب يكون دائماً متبوعاً من قبل سائر النحل، وليس في الخلية إلاّ يعسوب واحد، وهكذا فأمير المؤمنين (ع) واجب الاتباع من قبل المؤمنين؛ لأنّه أميرهم، ولا ينبغي للمؤمنين ولا للدين من أمير غيره (ع)، فإمام الناس واحد ومرجع الدين واحد.

https://ar.wikishia.net/view/يعسوب_الدين

Salam Notes (الهوامش) of this pargraph has neen mentioned from No 2 to 4 in Arabic & 1 to 3 in English Section of Wikishia

الهوامش

1. تعدى المحتوى الحالي إلى أعلى الصفحة الفيروز آبادي، فضائل الخمسة من الصحّاح الستّة المؤلف، ج 2، ص 115.
  2. تعدى المحتوى الحالي إلى أعلى الصفحة الطريحي، معجم البحرين، ج 3، ص 178.
  3. تعدى المحتوى الحالي إلى أعلى الصفحة ابن أبي الحديد، شرح نهج البلاغة، ج 19، ص
  4.  نهج البلاغة، تصحيح: صبحي صالح، ح 261، ص 517؛ المجلسي، بحار الأنوار، ج 51، ص 113.

الفيروز آبادي، فضائل الخمسة من الصحّاح الستّة المؤلف، ج 2، ص 115

"The virtues of five people (Panjtan), (peace be upon them), from the six Sahihs of Ahl al-Sunnah , v(juz)2 , p 115

Download book The Five Virtues of the Six Sahihs and Other Books Considered by Ahl al Sunnah wal Jamaaah juz2 PDF (p 119 in review)

it's a mistranslation from Aarbic title which it must has been translate as " virtues of five people in Six Sahihs of Ahl al Sunnah "

Page of 115 in book 7 119 in review is about "Looking at the face of ‘Ali is worship"  , "Looking at ‘Ali is a form of ‘ibadah (worship)."  from Six Sahihs of Ahl al Sunnah

which Wahhabi site of Mahjjah based on doctrine of Wahabist  about denying any virtue for Amir al muminin  imam ali (عليه السلام) , it has been called as  Mawdu through denying authencity of narrators , (Forged hadith is a hadith that is falsely attributed to the Prophet (s) or an Infallible Imam (a). It is also called hadith maj’ul (fabricated hadith). The jurists have stated that quoting a forged hadith is forbidden in Islam unless its forged nature is made clear.)

https://www.noor-book.com/en/ebook-Faḍāʼil-alkhamsah-min-alṣiḥāḥ-alsittah-waghayrihā-min-alkutub-almuʻtabarah-ʻinda-ahl-alsunnah-waaljamāʻah-juz2-pdf

Panjtan (Five People) 

There are “five” personalities for me through whose mediation I can extinguish the burning difficulties. Those are “Prophet Muhammad (Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), Hazrat Ali, Hazrat Fatimah and Hasan and Husain”

https://www.islamieducation.com/panjtan-five-people/

looking at the face of Ali (عليه السلام) is an act of worship

النَّظَرُ اِلی وَجهِ عَلیٍّ عِبادَةٌ.

The messenger of Islam (saw): looking at the face of Ali (عليه السلام) is an act of worship

The Mustadrak: Vol. 3, p. 142.

source : erfan.ir

https://www.erfan.ir/english/90680.html

Download book The Five Virtues of the Six Sahihs and Other Books Considered by Ahl al Sunnah wal Jamaaah juz2 PDF

Author:    Muhammad Bin Mrtdy Hosseini Alferozabadi Alnajafi
Category:    Islamic philosophy
Language:    Arabic

المُزوِّد(Supplier) : Cornell University Libraries

https://www.noor-book.com/en/ebook-Faḍāʼil-alkhamsah-min-alṣiḥāḥ-alsittah-waghayrihā-min-alkutub-almuʻtabarah-ʻinda-ahl-alsunnah-waaljamāʻah-juz1-pdf

https://www.noor-book.com/en/ebook-Faḍāʼil-alkhamsah-min-alṣiḥāḥ-alsittah-waghayrihā-min-alkutub-almuʻtabarah-ʻinda-ahl-alsunnah-waaljamāʻah-juz2-pdf

Notes

1. Jump up Ṭurayḥī, Majmaʿ al-baḥrayn, vol. 2, p. 121. (No 2. in Arabic section)
  2. Jump up Ibn Abī l-Ḥadīd, Sharḥ Nahj al-balāgha, vol. 19, p. 224. (No 3. in Arabic section)
  3. Jump up Nahj al-balāgha, p. 517; Majlisī, Biḥār al-anwār, vol. 51, p. 113. (No 4. in Arabic section)

• Advanced Member
On 4/1/2022 at 4:25 PM, Samarra313 said:

Salam brothers and sisters

I was reading some passages from website that holds many of Grand Ayatollah Bahjat's writings and read the following on Imam Mahdi(atf) and I saw that he described the Imam of our Time (May Allah hasten his return) as "Commander of the Bees". Does anyone know why the Imam is given this description or the meaning behind it. I find it very curious. Subhanallah thank you for your time.

Salam & happy Eid al Ghadeer

Hadith

Imam 'Ali (a) has characterized Imam al-Mahdi (a) as Ya'sub al-Din: "when it happens, Ya'sub al-Din will rise, and people gather around him just as autumn clouds gather".[9]

Majlisī, Biḥār al-anwār, vol. 51, p. 113; Ṭūsī, al-Ghayba, p. 447.

The Prophet (s) said: "there will be a sedition after me; when it happens, accompany 'Ali b. Abi Talib; For he is the first person who believed in me, and he will be the first person who will shake my hands on day of Judgement, and he is al-Siddiq al-Akbar and he is the Faruq of this people, and he is Ya'sub al-Din."[8]

سَیَکونُ مِن بَعدی فِتنَةٌ فَاِذا کانَ ذلکَ فَاَلزِموا علی بن أبی طالب فَاِنّهُ أوّلُ مَن آمَنَ بی‌، وَ أوّلُ مَن یُصافِحُنی یَومَ القِیامَةِ، وَ هُوَ الصّدیقُ الأکبَرُ وَ هُو فاروقُ هذِهِ الأمّةِ، وَ هُوَ یَعسوبُ المُؤمِنینَ...

The Prophet (s) gave the titles "Ya'sub al-Din"[4] and "Ya'sub al-Mu'minin"[5] to Imam 'Ali (a). Imam 'Ali (a) also has characterized himself as "Ya'sub al-Din".[6] Ibn Abi l-Hadid commented on the hadith in which the Prophet (s) told Imam 'Ali (a) that "You are Ya'sub al-Din and you are Ya'sub al-Mu'minin" by saying that the Prophet (s) thereby appointed 'Ali (a) as the head of Muslim believers.[7]

Ibn Abī l-Ḥadīd, Sharḥ Nahj al-balāgha, vol. 19, p. 224.

Literal meaning

Literal meaning

The word "Ya'sub" (Arabic: یعسوب) literally means ruler and the Queen Bee. It also means leader and senior member or head of a group. Imam 'Ali (a) was called Ya'sub al-Din or Ya'sub al-Mu'minin because, as the Queen Bee is the leader and the ruler of the bees, he is the ruler and the leader of the believers.[1] And as bees follow their Queen, believers shall follow Imam 'Ali (a).[2] Al-Sharif al-Radi took "ya'sub" to refer to a person who has authority over people.[3]

https://en.wikishia.net/view/Ya'sub_al-Din

• Advanced Member
On 4/2/2022 at 5:44 AM, Ali_Hussain said:

The word used to refer to the king bee is يعسوب (ya'sub) here is the dictionary definition do you can see how the definitions are linked.

Screenshot_20220402-020835_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220402-021623_Chrome.jpg

For addendum

1 - ملكة النحل ، وهي أنثى ، وكان العرب - [ 1497 ] - يظنونها ذكرا لضخامتها ° هو يعسوب قومه : رئيسهم وكبيرهم

العَسْبُ طَرْقُ الفَحْلِ أَي ضِرابُه يقال عَسَبَ الفَحلُ الناقةَ يَعْسِبُها ويقال إِنه لشديد العَسْب وقد يُسْتَعار للناس قال زهير في عبدٍ له يُدْعَى يَساراً أَسَرَه قومٌ فهَجَاهم ولولا عَسْبُه لرَدَدْتُموه ... وشَرُّ مَنِيحةٍ أَيْرٌ مُعارُ ( 2 ) ( 2 قوله « لرددتموه » كذا في المحكم ورواه في التهذيب لتركتموه ) وقيل العَسْبُ ماء الفَحْلِ فرساً كان أَو بعيراً ولا يَتَصَرَّفُ منه فِعْلٌ وقَطَعَ اللّهُ عَسْبَه وعُسْبَه أَي ماءَه ونَسْلَه ويقال للوَلد عَسْبٌ قال كُثَيِّرٌ يصف خَيْلاً أَزْلَقَتْ ما في بُطُونِها مِن أَولادها من التَّعَب يُغادِرْنَ عَسْبَ الوالِقِيِّ وناصِحٍ ... تَخُصُّ به أُمُّ الطَّرِيقِ عِيالَها العَسْبُ الوَلَدُ أَو ماءُ الفَحْل يعني أَن هذه الخيلَ تَرْمي بأَجِنَّتِها من هذين الفَحْلين فتأْكلُها الطير والسباعُ وأُمُّ الطريق هنا الضَّبُعُ وأُمُّ الطريق أَيضاً مُعْظَمُه وأَعْسَبَهُ جَمَلَه أَعارَه إِياه عن اللحياني واسْتَعْسَبه إِياه اسْتَعاره منه قال أَبو زُبَيْدٍ أَقْبَلَ يَردي مُغارَ ذِي الحِصانِ إِلى ... مُسْتَعْسِبٍ أَرِبٍ منه بتَمْهِينِ والعَسْبُ الكِراء الذي يُؤْخَذ على ضَرْبِ الفَحْل وعَسَبَ الرجلَ يَعْسِبُه عَسْباً أَعطاه الكِراءَ على الضِّرابِ وفي الحديث نَهَى النبي صلى اللّه عليه وسلم عن عَسْبِ الفَحْل تقول عَسَبَ فَحْلَه يَعْسِبُه أَي أَكراه عَسْبُ الفَحْل ماؤُه فرساً كان أَو بعيراً أَو غيرهما وعَسْبُه ضِرابُه ولم يَنْهَ عَن واحدٍ منهما وإِنما أَراد النَّهْيَ عن الكراء الذي يُؤْخَذ عليه فإِن إِعارة الفحل مندوب إِليها وقد جاءَ في الحديث ومِن حَقِّها إِطْراقُ فَحْلِها ووَجْهُ الحديث أَنه نهى عن كراء عَسْبِ الفَحْل فحُذِفَ المضافُ وهو كثير في الكلام وقيل يقال لكراء الفحل عَسْبٌ وإِنما نَهَى عنه للجَهالة التي فيه ولا بُدَّ في الإِجارة من تَعْيينِ العمل ومَعْرِفةِ مِقْدارِه وفي حديث أَبي معاذ كنتُ تَيَّاساً فقال لي البَراءُ بنُ عازب لا يَحِلُّ لك عَسْبُ الفَحْل وقال أَبو عبيد معنى العَسْبِ في [ ص 599 ] الحديث الكِراءُ والأَصل فيه الضِّرابُ والعَرَبُ تُسَمِّي الشيءَ باسم غيره إِذا كان معه أَو من سَببه كما قالوا للمَزادة راوِية وإِنما الرَّاوية البعيرُ الذي يُسْتَقَى عليه والكَلْبُ يَعْسِبُ أَي يَطْرُدُ الكلابَ للسِّفادِ واسْتَعْسَبَتِ الفرسُ إِذا اسْتَوْدَقَتْ والعرب تقول اسْتَعْسَبَ فلانٌ اسْتِعْسابَ الكَلْب وذلك إِذا ما هَاجَ واغْتَلَم وكلب مُسْتَعْسِبٌ والعَسِيبُ والعَسِيبةُ عَظْمُ الذَّنَب وقيل مُسْتَدَقُّهُ وقيل مَنْبِتُ الشَّعَرِ منه وقيل عَسِيبُ الذَّنَبِ مَنْبِتُه مِنَ الجِلْدِ والعظم وعَسِيبُ القَدَم ظاهرُها طُولاً وعَسِيبُ الرِّيشةِ ظاهرُها طُولاً أَيضاً والعَسِيبُ جَرِيدَةٌ من النخل مستقيمة دقيقة يُكْشَطُ خُوصُها أَنشد أَبو حنيفة وقَلَّ لها مِنِّي على بُعْدِ دارِها ... قَنا النَّخْلِ أَو يُهْدَى إِليكِ عسِيبُ قال إِنما اسْتَهْدَتْهُ عَسِيباً وهو القَنا لتَتَّخِذ منه نِيرةً وحَفَّة والجمع أَعْسِبَةٌ وعُسُبٌ وعُسُوبٌ عن أَبي حنيفة وعِسْبانٌ وعُسْبانٌ وهي العَسِيبة أَيضاً وفي التهذيب العَسِيب جريد النخل إِذا نُحِّيَ عنه خُوصه والعَسِيبُ من السَّعَفِ فُوَيْقَ الكَرَبِ لم ينبت عليه الخوصُ وما نَبَت عليه الخُوصُ فهو السَّعَفُ وفي الحديث أَنه خرج وفي يده عَسِيبٌ قال ابن الأَثير أَي جريدَةٌ من النخل وهي السَّعَفَة مما لا يَنْبُتُ عليه الخُوصُ ومنه حديث قَيْلة وبيده عُسَيِّبُ نخلةٍ مَقْشُوٌّ كذا يروى مصغراً وجمعه عُسُبٌ بضمتين ومنه حديث زيد بن ثابت فَجَعَلْتُ أَتَتَبَّعُ القرآنَ من العُسُبِ واللِّخَافِ ومنه حديث الزهري قُبِضَ رسولُ اللّه صلى اللّه عليه وسلم والقرآنُ في العُسُبِ والقُضُم وقوله أَنشده ثعلب على مَثاني عُسُبٍ مُسَاطِ فسره فقال عَنَى قَوائمه والعَسْبَةُ والعَسِبَةُ والعَسِيبُ شَقٌّ يكون في الجَبل قال المُسَيَّب بن عَلَسٍ وذكر العاسِلَ وأَنه صَبَّ العَسلَ في طَرَفِ هذا العَسِيبِ إِلى صاحب له دونه فتَقَبَّله منه فهَراقَ في طَرَفِ العَسِيبِ إِلى ... مُتَقَبِّلٍ لنَواطِفٍ صُفْرِ وعَسِيبُ اسمُ جَبَل وقال الأَزهري هو جَبَل بعالِيةِ نَجْدٍ معروف يقال لا أَفْعَلُ كذا ما أَقَامَ عَسِيبٌ قال امرؤ القيس أَجارَتَنا إِنَّ الخُطُوبَ تَنُوبُ ... وإِنِّي مُقيمٌ ما أَقامَ عَسِيبُ واليَعْسُوب أَمير النَّحْلِ وذكَرُها ثم كَثُر ذلك حتى سَمَّوْا كل رَئيسٍ يَعْسُوباً ومنه حديثُ الدَّجَّالِ فتَتْبَعُه كُنُوزُها كيَعاسِيبِ النَّحْل جمع يَعْسُوبٍ أَي تَظْهَر له وتجتمع عنده كما تجتمع النحلُ على يَعاسِيبها وفي حديث عليّ يصف أَبا بكر رضي اللّه عنهما كنتَ للدِّينِ يَعْسُوباً أَوَّلاً حين نَفَر الناسُ عنه اليَعْسُوب السَّيِّدُ والرئيسُ والمُقَدَّمُ وأَصله فَحْلُ النَّحْلِ وفي حديث علي رضي اللّه عنه أَنه ذَكرَ فتنةً فقال إِذا كان ذلك ضَرَبَ يَعْسُوبُ الدِّين بذَنَبِه فيَجْتَمِعُونَ إِليه كما يجتمع قَزَعُ الخَريفِ قال الأَصمعي أَراد بقوله يَعْسُوبُ الدين أَنه سَيِّدُ الناسِ في الدِّين يومئذٍ وقيل ضَرَبَ يَعْسُوبُ الدِّين بذنبه أَي فارَقَ الفتنةَ وأَهلَها وضرَبَ في [ ص 600 ] الأَرض ذاهِباً في أَهْلِ دِينِه وذَنَبُه أَتْباعُه الذين يتبعونه على رَأْيه ويَجْتَنِبُونَ اجْتِنابَهُ من اعْتزالِ الفِتَنِ ومعنى قوله ضَرَبَ أَي ذَهَبَ في الأَرض يقال ضَرَب في الأَرض مُسافِراً أَو مُجاهِداً وضَرَبَ فلانٌ الغائطَ إِذا أَبْعَدَ فيها للتَّغَوُّطِ وقوله بذنبه أَي في ذَنَبِه وأَتباعِه أَقامَ الباءَ مقام في أَو مُقامَ مع وكل ذلك من كلام العرب وقال الزمخشري الضَّرْبُ بالذَّنَب ههنا مَثَلٌ للإِقامة والثَّباتِ يعني أَنه يَثْبُتُ هو ومن تَبِعَه على الدِّينِ وقال أَبو سعيد أَراد بقوله ضَرَبَ يَعْسُوبُ الدين بذَنَبه أَراد بيَعْسُوب الدين ضعيفَه ومُحْتَقَره وذليلَه فيومئذ يَعْظُم شأْنُه حتى يصير عَيْنَ اليَعْسُوب قال وضَرْبُه بذَنَبِه أَن يَغْرِزَه في الأَرضِ إِذا باضَ كما تَسْرَأُ الجراد فمعناه أَن القائم يومئذ يَثْبُتُ حتى يَثُوبَ الناسُ إِليه وحتى يظهر الدينُ ويَفْشُوَ ويقال للسَّيِّد يَعْسُوبُ قومه وفي حديث عليٍّ أَنا يَعْسُوبُ المؤمنين والمالُ يَعْسُوبُ الكفار وفي رواية المنافقين أَي يَلُوذُ بي المؤمِنونَ ويَلُوذ بالمالِ الكفارُ أَو المنافقون كما يَلُوذُ النَّحْلُ بيَعْسُوبِها وهو مُقَدَّمُها وسيدُها والباء زائدة وفي حديث عليّ رضي اللّه عنه أَنه مَرَّ بعبدالرحمن ابن عَتَّابِ بنِ أُسَيْدٍ مَقْتُولاً يوم الجَمل فقال لَهْفِي عليك يَعْسُوبَ قُرَيْشٍ جَدَعْتُ أَنْفي وشَفَيْتُ نَفْسِي يَعْسُوبُ قريش سَيِّدُها شَبَّهه في قُرَيش بالفَحْلِ في النَّحْلِ قال أَبو سعيد وقوله في عبدالرحمن بن أُسَيْدٍ على التَّحْقِير له والوَضْعِ من قَدْرِه لا على التفخيم لأَمره قال الأَزهري وليس هذا القولُ بشيء وأَمَّا ما أَنشده المُفَضَّلُ وما خَيْرُ عَيْشٍ لا يَزالُ كأَنه ... مَحِلَّةُ يَعْسُوبٍ برأْسِ سِنَانِ فإِن معناه أَن الرئيس إِذا قُتِلَ جُعِلَ رأسُه على سِنانٍ يعني أَن العَيْشَ إِذا كان هكذا فهو الموتُ وسَمَّى في حديث آخر الذَّهَبَ يَعْسُوباً على المَثَل لِقوامِ الأُمُورِ به واليَعْسُوبُ طائر أَصْغَرُ من الجَرادة عن أَبي عبيد وقيل أَعظمُ من الجرادة طويلُ الذَّنَب لا يَضُمُّ جناحيه إِذا وَقَع تُشَبَّه به الخَيْلُ في الضُّمْرِ قال بِشْر أَبُو صِبْيةٍ شُعْثٍ يُطِيفُ بشَخْصِه ... كَوالِحُ أَمثالُ اليعاسِيبِ ضُمَّرُ والياء فيه زائدة لأَنه ليس في الكلام فَعْلُول غير صَعْقُوقٍ وفي حديث مِعْضَدٍ لولا ظَمَأُ الهَواجر ما باليْتُ أَن أَكونَ يَعْسُوباً قال ابن الأَثير هو ههنا فَراشَةٌ مُخْضَرَّةٌ تطِيرُ في الربيع وقيل إِنه طائر أَعظمُ من الجَرادِ قال ولو قيل إِنه النَّحْلةُ لَجاز واليَعْسُوبُ غُرَّةٌ في وجْهِ الفرس مُسْتَطيلَةٌ تنقطع قبل أَن تُساوِيَ أَعْلى المُنْخُرَيْنِ وإِن ارتفع أَيضاً على قَصَبة الأَنف وعَرُضَ واعْتَدلَ حتى يبلغ أَسفلَ الخُلَيْقَاءِ فهو يَعْسُوب أَيضاً قلَّ أَو كَثُر ما لم يَبْلُغِ العَيْنَيْنِ واليَعْسُوبُ دائرةٌ في مَرْكَضِ الفارِسِ حيث يَرْكُضُ برجله من جَنْبِ الفرس قال الأَزهري هذا غلط اليَعْسُوب عند أَبي عبيدة وغيره خَطٌّ من بَياضِ الغُرَّةِ يَنْحَدِرُ حتى يَمَسَّ خَطْمَ الدابة ثم ينقطعُ واليَعْسُوب اسم فرس سيدنا رسول اللّه صلى اللّه عليه وسلم [ ص 601 ] واليَعْسُوبُ أَيضاً اسم فرس الزُّبير بن العوامّ رضي اللّه تعالى عنه

https://www.maajim.com/dictionary/يعسوب

الرائد

1-ملكة النحل. 2-رئيس كبير: «هو يعسوب قومه». 3-طائر صغير. 4-بياض في وجه الفرس. 5-جنس حشرات له أربعة أجنحة شفافة يرفرف فوق الماء.

1.queen bee

2-chieftain:«هو يعسوب قومه».

3-small bird 
4-white mark on a horse's face.

5-Insects with four transparent wings fly above the water (Dragonfly) common translation of Ya'sub یعسوب in trnslating apps 

https://www.almaany.com/en/dict/ar-en/يعسوب/

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/14-fun-facts-about-dragonflies-96882693/

https://www.maajim.com/dictionary/يعسوب

A grieving doctor is being contacted by his deceased wife through his patients' near death experiences.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0259288/

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/14-fun-facts-about-dragonflies-96882693/

• Advanced Member

When The Holy Prophet (Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him[and his progeny]) have said the word “Khamsah (five)from his holy tongue and to clear that (the meaning of) this is about him, he has given detail and said it clearly that “Tat-heer” (Purify) is revealed about these five personalities who are called as purified by Almight Allah; then only a vicious heart can say that, it is not permissible to say ‘Panjtan’ to be ‘Paak’ and say “Tat-heer” (Purification) is not for them. God forbid! If it not the opposition to the Holy Prophet and not disrespect of Allah’s Prophet then what it is? God forbid!

the holy word ‘Khamsa’ was said from Holy Prophet’s sacred tongue, then further elaboration is done by the Holy Prophet (Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him [and his progeny]) himself and told the verse of ‘Tat-heer’ is about them (Mahanama Al-Saeed, Multan, Shumara October 1962, page 22-23).

https://www.islamieducation.com/panjtan-five-people/

More Merits of Imam ‘Ali

https://www.al-islam.org/certainty-uncovered-jamal-al-din-ibn-yusuf-allamah-hilli/more-merits-imam-ali

• Advanced Member

Do you know what "Ya'sub" means?

The Arab calls the commander of honey bees "Yasub". When the worker bees suck the flowers to make honey and return to the hive, they are first inspected.

In this way, the commander of the bees stands in front of the hive door. Then he smells the bees, any bee sitting on a smelly flower and carrying a smelly bag does not have the right to enter the hive, but is attacked by the guard bees, and if he does not succeed in escaping, his carcass becomes a lesson to others. bees will

Yes, Amir al-Mu'minin Ali (عليه السلام) will also stand at the gate of Paradise on the Day of Resurrection, and he will deny entry to Paradise to anyone who does not have the smell of his authority with him.

Imam Ali (as): To be polite, it is enough that you like for yourself so then  you like for others.

https://hawzah.net/fa/Note/View/52742/یعسوب-الدین-یعنی-چه