In the Name of God بسم الله

Ramadan 2022 Thread

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member
12 hours ago, Diaz said:

Salamu alaykum everyone,  my father didn't fast for almost 6 yrs because he is addicted to cigarettes and coffee. Before when he use to fast, he use to get angry for literally no reason. he was very aggressive with us, because he noticed it and my mother told him about it, he stopped fasting. On the first day of this holy month, he tried to fast but he couldn't sleep so he broke his fast.

Is there a anything he can do so that allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) forgives him? 

Allah is Most Merciful, but your father also has to do his part as best he can and pay the kaffara and make up the fasts. Better to ask a scholar though. 

Edited by ireallywannaknow

• Advanced Member
On 4/6/2022 at 6:36 PM, ireallywannaknow said:

Allah is Most Merciful, but your father also has to do his part as best he can and pay the kaffara and make up the fasts. Better to ask a scholar though. 

Thank u sister, I will check with scholars too

Edited by Hameedeh
sister

• Advanced Member

Salamu alaykum, for suhoor I had felafel, I think I’m going to throw out, inshallah it won’t happen but if I did throw out, will my fast be valid?

• Advanced Member
On 4/8/2022 at 6:15 AM, Diaz said:

Salamu alaykum, for suhoor I had felafel, I think I’m going to throw out, inshallah it won’t happen but if I did throw out, will my fast be valid?

Salam if you had done it unintentionally then your fast will be valid.

• Advanced Member

salamu alaykum everyone, i just wanna know if the prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) said we should eat dates in an odd number, if yes then can someone show me the hadith?

• Advanced Member

Salam @Diaz & happy month of Ramadan

Shia viewpoint

In the reports that indicate the act of the Infallible ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)), there is no special restriction on eating dates or Rotab[a form of date] on odd or even  numbers; However, in some narrations, it is mentioned to eat seven or ten ajwa dates [3] in morning  [before eatin breakfast ] to eliminate stomach and intestinal worms; That the total interpretation of these narrations will not agree with the monopoly on a specific number. [4]

Sunni viewpoint 

The only narrations that indicate a certain number of dates when eating are the narrations about Iftar at the beginning of day of Eid al-Fitr.
The Hakim  Neyshaburi (d. 405 AH) ‌ narrates in the book "Al-Mustadrak Ali Al-Sahihin" through Anas Ibn Malik: In day of Eid[Fitr] Prophet Muhammad (pbu) never  has left house until he has eaten few dates , 3 or 5 or seven more or less in odd numbers . "[8]
Ahmad ibn Hanbal (d. 241 AH) narrates in his Musnad through Anas ibn Malik: And Anas ibn Malik eats three dates before leaving the house, and if he wants to add to it, he eats five, and if he wants to add to it again, he eats as odd numbers . "[9]
These narrations indicate that his majesty has  taken care of this practice on the day of Eid al-Fitr (when they used to break the fast on the day of Eid with dates), which proves that this practice is recommended; Therefore, the jurists have issued a fatwa recommending such an action on the day of Eid. [10]

[9]. مسند الإمام أحمد بن حنبل، ج21، ص107، ح13426: «حَدَّثَنَا عَلِیُّ بْنُ عَاصِمٍ، أَخْبَرَنَا عُبَیْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ أَبِی بَکْرِ بْنِ أَنَسٍ، قَالَ: سَمِعْتُ أَنَسَ بْنَ مَالِکٍ یَقُولُ:" مَا خَرَجَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَیْهِ (وآله) وَسَلَّمَ فِی یَوْمِ فِطْرٍ قَطُّ، حَتَّى یَأْکُلَ تَمَرَاتٍ " قَالَ:" وَکَانَ أَنَسٌ یَأْکُلُ قَبْلَ أَنْ یَخْرُجَ ثَلَاثًا، فَإِذَا أَرَادَ أَنْ یَزْدَادَ أَکَلَ خَمْسًا، فَإِذَا أَرَادَ أَنْ یَزْدَادَ أَکَلَ وِتْرًا».

[10]. In Shiite jurisprudence, breaking the fast with dates and Rotab [another for of date] is recommended, and in general [Sunni] jurisprudence, observing odd number is also recommended.

https://www.porseman.com/article/خوردن-خرما-به-صورت-فرد-يا-زوج/55062

‬‏
Rotab Dates are soft and sweet and arguably the best dates in the world. Grown in Bam, these dates are darker in color and sweeter in taste compared to Medjul dates. Bam is a UN recognized historic area/city in Iran that is world famous for two things, the ancient city (over 2000 years old) and their Rotab dates.

image.jpeg.d2835aa0b374f4682b0719b8004b2af4.jpeg

https://persianbasket.com/dates-rotab-authentic-persian-rutab-dates.html

https://www.stanahita.com/en/dates/23-products/61-rotab-mozafati-fresh-dates

https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/rotab-dates.html

• Advanced Member

In nutrition  every 3 dates is equal to one block of fruit

(3 or 5 or 7) But if we consume dates in pairs, they are stored in the body as sugar and cause diabetes. Scientists are amazed at how the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) has given such advice since ancient times!

Concise answer:

Dates are one of the heavenly and blessed fruits and it is mentioned a lot in the Qur'an and it is recommended to eat it in narrative sources. [1]

On the other hand, in some narrations, it is forbidden to eat dates in pairs; But it is recommended to consume it in odds. Apart from examining the authenticity of these narrations, [2] we mention a number of them:

"The Messenger of God ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) did not leave his house on the day of Eid al-Fitr, unless he ate three, five, seven, etc. dates in person." [3]

The Messenger of God ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) said: "Whoever eats seven dates while sleeping, will be cured of colic and toxins and parasites will be expelled from his body." [4]

The Prophet of Islam ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) said: "Whoever eats seven dates in the morning, the poisons will not harm him until nightfall." [5]

Imam Sadiq (عليه السلام) said: "Whoever eats seven dates of Ajwa while sleeping, removes the worms from his body." [6]

Imam Sadiq (عليه السلام) said: "Whoever eats seven grains of date palm in the garden of Aliyah on a fast, poison, magic and the devil will not harm him." [7]

(Ajwa was a kind of palm tree that Maryam (sa) ate  ) after giving birth to prophet  Isa/Jesus (as ). [8]

https://btid.org/fa/news/174428

https://article.tebyan.net/476012/چرا-مصرف-خرما-در-ماه-رمضان-توصیه-شده-است-

The Great Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) said: مَنْ أَفْتَرَ عَلَى تَمْرَةِ حَلَالٍ تُضَاعَفُ ثَوَابُ صَلَاتِهِ أَرْبَعُمِائَة مَرَّةٍ; "Whoever breaks his fast with halal dates, the reward of his prayer will be four hundred times greater." (زاد المعاد, جلد 1, صفحه 86)

https://namnak.com/eating-dates-in-ramadan.p31963

• Advanced Member

“When you hear the crowing of roosters, ask for Allah's Blessings for (their crowing indicates that) they have seen an angel.”

is this true? 

Edited by Diaz

• Advanced Member

Salam

حَدَّثَنَا قُتَيْبَةُ بْنُ سَعِيدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا اللَّيْثُ، عَنْ جَعْفَرِ بْنِ رَبِيعَةَ، عَنِ الأَعْرَجِ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، رضى الله عَنْهُ أَنَّ النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ ‏ "‏ إِذَا سَمِعْتُمْ صِيَاحَ الدِّيَكَةِ فَاسْأَلُوا اللَّهَ مِنْ فَضْلِهِ فَإِنَّهَا رَأَتْ مَلَكًا وَإِذَا سَمِعْتُمْ نَهِيقَ الْحِمَارِ فَتَعَوَّذُوا بِاللَّهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيمِ فَإِنَّهُ رَأَى شَيْطَانًا ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ هَذَا حَدِيثٌ حَسَنٌ صَحِيحٌ ‏.‏

Abu Hurairah [may Allah be pleased with him] narrated that: The Prophet said: “when you hear the crowing of the roosters, then ask Allah of His bounty, for verily they have seen an angel. When you hear the braying of a donkey, then seek refuge in Allah from Shaitan, [the rejected] for, verily, it has seen a Shaitan.”

Jami` at-Tirmidhi 3459
Chapter 56: What One Says When Hearing The Braying Of A Donkey, Book 48: Chapters on Supplication
Grade: Sahih (Darussalam)
https://sunnah.com/tirmidhi:3459

According to Sunni hadiths, yes, it is true. (Notice how it's narrated by Abu Huraira as well). Sorry, but I could not find ay Shia hadith to back this up. Maybe someone else can help?

• Advanced Member

Salamu alaykum everyone, don’t forget to recite dua mujeer, it’s highly recommended to recite it on 13th, 14th and 15th day of Ramadan.

https://www.duas.org/mobile/ramadan-dua-mujeer.html

• Advanced Member

:salam:

It's nearly Laylat al-Qadr! Who's excited? 

بِسمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحمٰنِ الرَّحيمِ

إِنّا أَنزَلناهُ في لَيلَةِ القَدرِ
Surely We revealed it on the grand night.
وَما أَدراكَ ما لَيلَةُ القَدرِ
And what will make you comprehend what the grand night is?
لَيلَةُ القَدرِ خَيرٌ مِن أَلفِ شَهرٍ
The grand night is better than a thousand months.
تَنَزَّلُ المَلائِكَةُ وَالرّوحُ فيها بِإِذنِ رَبِّهِم مِن كُلِّ أَمرٍ
The angels and Jibreel descend in it by the permission of their Lord for every affair,
سَلامٌ هِيَ حَتّىٰ مَطلَعِ الفَجرِ
Peace! it is till the break of the morning.

صدق الله العلي العظيم

Edited by -Rejector-

• Advanced Member

Is anyone else wishing that Shahr Ramadan would slow down? Wallah it feels like I've only fasted for one week, it's been three!

وَالعَصرِ
I swear by the time,

إِنَّ الإِنسانَ لَفي خُسرٍ
Most surely man is in loss,

إِلَّا الَّذينَ آمَنوا وَعَمِلُوا الصّالِحاتِ وَتَواصَوا بِالحَقِّ وَتَواصَوا بِالصَّبرِ
Except those who believe and do good, and enjoin on each other truth, and enjoin on each other patience.

May Allah not allow the opportunities of this month to pass without us seeking and receiving them.

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, -Rejector- said:

Is anyone else wishing that Shahr Ramadan would slow down? Wallah it feels like I've only fasted for one week, it's been three!

وَالعَصرِ
I swear by the time,

إِنَّ الإِنسانَ لَفي خُسرٍ
Most surely man is in loss,

إِلَّا الَّذينَ آمَنوا وَعَمِلُوا الصّالِحاتِ وَتَواصَوا بِالحَقِّ وَتَواصَوا بِالصَّبرِ
Except those who believe and do good, and enjoin on each other truth, and enjoin on each other patience.

May Allah not allow the opportunities of this month to pass without us seeking and receiving them.

Tbh, I didn’t feel like it’s Ramadan, it’s been like this since 2 years ago

• Moderators
image.jpg

Imam Ali (p) is reported to have said: 

“Avarice, arrogance, and envy are motives for falling into sin.” 

[ Al-Radhi, Nahj al-balagha, wisdom 360]

روي عن الإمام علي (ع):

"الحِرصُ والكِبرُ والحَسَدُ دَواعٍ إلَى التَّقحُّمِ في الذُّنوبِ"

[الرضي، نهج البلاغة، حكمة ٣٧١]

For more information about Imam Ali ibn Abi Talib (p), click here.

• Forum Administrators
Al-'Askari Holy Shrine
Live from Samarra, Iraq
البث المباشر - الختمة القرانية الرمضانية من داخل رواق الامام الهادي عليه السلام

• Moderators
On 3/30/2022 at 6:31 PM, ShiaChat Mod said:

[Mod Note: This post is obsolete now. If you entered the competition, good luck to you!]

Ramadan Fiqh Competition

Winners were announced. 

In the Name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

We are pleased to announce the winners of I.M.A.M.'s Ramadan Fiqh Competition for 2022. Visit the link below for the official results. Each participant will receive a certificate of achievement for their noble efforts.

Congratulations to everyone who participated this year! We encourage everyone to join us again for future competitions.

Click here to view the winners of this year's competition.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Uni Student said:

How did everyone’s Ramadan go? Mine flew by so quickly and did not go so well, i did not make any of the spiritual progress that i was planning on :(

Same here, I can’t believe Ramadan is going to finish soon. I tried praying salatul layl almost daily, listen to some Quran, tasbih everyday and helping my family.

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Diaz said:

Salam everyone, does anyone know when is Eid according to sayid sistani and sayid khamenei? 

I'm not sure that they've made a statement yet, if so, someone please correct me. But I've heard many Sheikhs saying that Eid will be on Monday inshallah.

• Advanced Member
Just now, -Rejector- said:

I'm not sure that they've made a statement yet, if so, someone please correct me. But I've heard many Sheikhs saying that Eid will be on Monday inshallah.

Yeah, for all Sunni countries it will be on Monday. I’m still not sure about us Shias.

• Forum Administrators
8 minutes ago, Diaz said:

Yeah, for all Sunni countries it will be on Monday. I’m still not sure about us Shias.

In the US and Canada, if you see the new crescent moon on Sunday night (after sunset), Eid is Monday. If not, Monday is Ramadan 30. 

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, -Rejector- said:

Salam

8 hours ago, Diaz said:

According to Iranian  calendar  Monday  will be day of Eid al Fitr inshaAllah  anyway it needs confirming  of seeing crescent of new moon by trustworthy  moon sighting experts after sunset of Sunday.

I'm in Australia so it's going to be Monday for me before I can get the news, so should I fast on Monday until I learn whether it's Eid or not?

According to I.M.A.M. Eid is on Monday. https://imam-us.org/imam-hijri-calendar

image.png.ac7f1b7b17df0b77c89d43969c0a52f4.png

(Edit: Although it still says 'pending moon sighting')

The End of Ramadan
According to the same principle mentioned above, the doubtful day belongs to the previous month (Ramadan), so the day which we doubt about it being the 30th of Ramadan or the 1st of Shawwal, is considered the last day of Ramadan and its fasting is obligatory. If in the middle of the day it is realized that the moon has been seen in the last night it’s obligatory to break the fast because fasting in the 1st of Shawwal (Eid al-Fitr) is forbidden.

https://en.wikishia.net/view/Yawm_al-Shakk

Question: In some countries (such as Sweden) the possibility of seeing the crescent of the month of Shawwal after sunset is  until two or three days after seeing the new moon in Iran is not possible  because in these areas the moon sets down before the sun , if in these areas  seeing of the crescent  is possible  before sunset, is this amount enough to prove the crescent moon of Shawwal or not?

Answer: Seeing the crescent before sunset is enough to prove the new lunar month from the night after the sighting.

https://www.talab.org/religion/religious-orders/eid-al-fitr-provisions-in-the-view-of-ayatollah-khamenei.html

• Advanced Member
10 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

According to Iranian  calendar  Monday  will be day of Eid al Fitr inshaAllah  anyway it needs confirming  of seeing crescent of new moon by trustworthy  moon sighting experts after sunset of Sunday.

Update us brother. 

• Moderators

Shawwal Moon Crescent 1443

According to the announcement from the office of H. E. Ayatullah Seestani (long may he live) in the holy city of Najaf, Monday 2 May is the last day of the holy month of Ramadhan in the United Kingdom, European, Scandinavian countries and the Middle East.
The first day of the blessed Eid al-Fitr will be on Tuesday 3 May 2022

Eid Mubarak

Eid prayers will be held at 9am:
75 Brondesbuty Park