Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Is cremation of non-muslim christian family members permissible?

Rate this topic

• Moderators

Salams,

Which church did your late father belong to? I sent this to my Catholic friend and his advice, with no further information known than what you said, here was to search for "Christian organizations that help with funeral expenses". I'm very sorry for your loss, may your father see the joy of our Lord's reward and the relax eternally in the breadth of his mercy.

• Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, Ibn Al-Ja'abi said:

Salams,

Which church did your late father belong to? I sent this to my Catholic friend and his advice, with no further information known than what you said, here was to search for "Christian organizations that help with funeral expenses". I'm very sorry for your loss, may your father see the joy of our Lord's reward and the relax eternally in the breadth of his mercy.

Salam, He said he was a babtist

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, Ibn Al-Ja'abi said:

Ws,

I think he meant whether he attended any specific church in his life.

He wasn't devout but identified as a Babtist I was raised in Babtist church near by but its been restructured under new leader ship and we haven't been connected to them in more than a decade.

• Forum Administrators
On 3/28/2022 at 10:06 PM, Ishmail Ali As-Shukur said:

my mother wants to cremate my dad but I have a problem with it. How should I handle it? Its not he said he wanted. we can't afford to bury him properly.

Cremation is cheaper than proper burial. Your mother is in charge of her husband's funeral. Ask her to talk to the funeral home director, to set up small monthly payments that she can afford. If you cannot convince her to properly bury your father, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) knows that you tried your best.