In the Name of God بسم الله

Intimacy in Long Distance Relationship with one's wife

Rate this topic

hello_0

• Advanced Member

Salam Everyone

I wanted to ask whether it is permissible to engage in phone sex/sexting with one's wife until ejaculation occurs? (I know using hands is not permitted- since that falls under masturbation - but what about continuing sexting/phone sex until ejaculation occurs without any involvement of hands- is that permissible?).

Thank you

• Moderators
15 hours ago, hello_0 said:

I wanted to ask whether it is permissible to engage in phone sex/sexting with one's wife until ejaculation occurs? (I know using hands is not permitted- since that falls under masturbation - but what about continuing sexting/phone sex until ejaculation occurs without any involvement of hands- is that permissible?).

Maybe ask your marja. 

11 hours ago, Meedy said:

Salam. No, I don't think its allowed.

Replies in the Jurisprudence subforum need a reference: book, website, blog, etc. Opinion or speculation are not helpful. 

Guest guest
5 hours ago, ShiaChat Mod said:

Replies in the Jurisprudence subforum need a reference: book, website, blog, etc. Opinion or speculation are not helpful. 

Shia book, Shia website, Shia blog. 

5 hours ago, ShiaChat Mod said:

Maybe ask your marja.

Best answer. 

Guest Psychological Warfare

We box everything situation in legal terms. Legality of an issue is one part of the solution. Sometimes you need to look at the from an holistic point of view.

1) Is the communication channel secure? I don't think anyone can guarantee this, and the risk of images intercepted and reproduced. 

Based on this fact alone, one would really assess the entire situation. 

And what if a Jurist does say permissible or allowed. It is Mubah ( Permissible / allowed to act or refrain). Meaning at your Discretion, you apply the opinion based on your situation,. And you can act or not act. It is your decision and you are the owner of the consequences. ( intended or unintended ). 

The second part of the question is a Fiqh question so no comments. Even if an opinion is obtained, you would still need to look at the entire situation and assess risks. 

• Advanced Member
On 3/20/2022 at 11:01 PM, hello_0 said:

continuing sexting/phone sex until ejaculation occurs without any involvement of hands

Brother are you some kind of superhuman, how does this even work XD

Jokes aside, as the guest above said, I think every Muslim couple should think twice before sending things to each other across the internet, as nothing is really ever 100% secure and private

• Advanced Member
On 3/21/2022 at 11:31 AM, hello_0 said:

Salam Everyone

Thank you

This would not be allowed. 

Imam Khumayni (rh) in his Tahrir ul-Wasilah has written that doing anything other than physical, actual intercourse between husband and wife, that causes climax and ejaculation/discharge is considered masturbation (istimna) and is forbidden for both men and women, whether it involves the use of hands or not. Arguably this is the ruling of the majority of our fuqaha. 

Wassalam. 

Edited by AbdusSibtayn

• Advanced Member

181 – Rule: It is not allowed to talk to someone about anything that is related to sexual or intimate issues (except one’s spouse). AGKLMS

there is this ruling, however I believe its not sufficient for me to prove anything yet to you, I have read somewhere about this. I just can't remember the source. Maybe if I encounter the source again I could provide it. Again I am not 100% sure I am interpreting the ruling correctly, but I would prefer somebody knowledgable in fiqh to aid me.

from Rules Related To Socializing | A Code Of Ethics For Muslim Men And Women | Al-Islam.org

• Advanced Member
21 hours ago, VoidVortex said:

181 – Rule: It is not allowed to talk to someone about anything that is related to sexual or intimate issues (except one’s spouse). AGKLMS

there is this ruling, however I believe its not sufficient for me to prove anything yet to you, I have read somewhere about this. I just can't remember the source. Maybe if I encounter the source again I could provide it. Again I am not 100% sure I am interpreting the ruling correctly, but I would prefer somebody knowledgable in fiqh to aid me.

from Rules Related To Socializing | A Code Of Ethics For Muslim Men And Women | Al-Islam.org

the rest of that ruling seems to be referring to jokes/discussions about sexual/intimate issues when the jokes occur between namahrams, and as far as I am aware OP is a brother like me lol

• Advanced Member

Thank you everyone for the answers. I asked on leader.ir: https://www.leader.ir/  ;  here is the answer (fyi):

• Salam
    I wanted to ask whether it is permissible to engage in phone sex/sexting with one's wife until ejaculation occurs? (I know using hands is not permitted- since that falls under masturbation - but what about continuing sexting/phone sex until ejaculation occurs without any involvement of hands- is that permissible?)

Thank you
  • Salamun `alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

That is no problem.

With prayers for your success