In the Name of God بسم الله

Imam Mahdi as

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

:bismillah:

The Account of the Birth

The famous account of the Imam's (a) birth is given by Hakima, the aunt of Imam al-Hasan al-Askari (a). In some parts of this account, as reported by al-Shaykh al-Saduq, we read,

Imam al-Hasan al-Askari called me and said, "O auntie! Stay with us tonight, which is the eve of the 15th of Sha'ban. Tonight God Almighty will reveal His proof on earth."
I said, "Who is his mother?"
He replied, "Narjis."
I said, "But—May I be your ransom! —There are no sign of pregnancy in her!"
The Imam (a) replied, "It will be as I said to you."
I went and when I said salam and sat down, Narjis came, took my shoes, and said, "O my lady and the lady of my family! How are you?"
I said, "You are my lady and the lady of my family … God is giving you tonight a son, who is the master of this world and the hereafter."
Then [I prayed, and] when I finished my prayer, I ate in order to end my fast, and then I slept. In the middle of the night, I woke up and prayed while Narjis was sleeping. Then I followed up my prayer with some dhikrs and then I also slept. I woke up again, and then Narjis woke up, prayed, and slept again. I came out of the house and looked at the sky, and it was the time of the first fajr.
As soon as I started to have some doubt, Abu Muhammad [i.e., Imam al-Hasan al-Askari (a)] called me and said, "O auntie! Do not hasten, because the time is about to arrive." So I sat down and started to recite sura al-Sajda and sura Yasin.
As I was reciting the Qur'an, Narjis woke up, so I hastened unto her and told her, "Do you feel anything?"
She responded, "Yes, auntie!"
I told her, "Be calm and let your heart be strong. This is what I told you about. Afterwards, a kind of weakness got me and Narjis. Then, I woke up by the voice of my master [i.e., Imam al-Mahdi] … I saw him prostrating himself … I held him in my arms and found him clean and pure.
Abu Muhammad told me, "O auntie! Bring me my child."
I did so … [He held him,] and said, "O my son! Speak!"
He said, "I testify that there is no God but Allah alone; He has no partners. And I testify that Muhammad is His apostle."
Then he sent salutations upon Amir al-Mu'minin and the rest of the Imams until his father.

https://en.wikishia.net/view/Imam_Muhammad_b._al-Hasan_al-Mahdi_(a)

May Allah bless, protect, guide, and help you and your family and grant you Jannat Al-Firdaus. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

The confirmation of the birth of Imam Mehdi (AJF) from 27 different Sunni scholars in their books (out of a list of 128 scholars from the book (Deffa' An Al Kaafy - Sayed Thamir AlAmeidi - 1-568) : 

ولادة المهدي في كتب السنة
ذكر كتاب (دفاع عن الكافي 1/ 568) للسيد ثامر العميدي ، مائة وثمانية وعشرين عالما ومحدثا من أهل السنة* من الذين اعترفوا بولادة الامام المهدي منهم :

1- سهل بن عبد الله البخاري ت 341 هـ (سر السلسلة العلوية: 39).
2- الخوارزمي ت 387 هـ (مفاتيح العلوم : 32 طبعة ليدن / 1895م).
3- يحيى بن سلامة الخصفكي الشافعي ت 568 هـ ، كما في (تذكرة الخواص للعلاّمة سبط ابن الجوزي: 360).
4- عبد الله بن محمد المفارقي ت 590 هـ، المعروف بابن الأزرق في (تاريخ ميافارقين)، كما في (وفيات الاعيان لابن خلكان 4 : 176 / 562).
5- فريد الدين النيشابوري الهمداني ت 627 هـ (مظهر الصفات)، كما في (ينابيع المودّة 3 : 141- باب 87) .
6- سبط ابن الجوزي ت 654 هـ (تذكرة الخواص : 363) .
7- محمد بن يوسف الكنجي الشافعي ت 658 هـ (كفاية الطالب / الصفحة الاخيرة).
8- ابن خلكان ت 681 هـ (وفيات الاعيان 4 : 176 / 562) .
9- عزيز بن محمد النسفي الصوفي ت 686 هـ في (رسالته)، كما في (ينابيع المودّة 3 : 143 باب 87).
10- كمال الدين عبد الرزاق الكاشاني ت 730 هـ (تحفة الإخوان في خصائص الفتيان)، كما في كتاب (سر جشمه تصوّف در ايران/ لسعيد النفيسي : 216).
11- الجويني الحموئي الشافعي ت 732 هـ (فرائد السمطين 2 : 337).
12- اسماعيل بن علي أبو الفداء ت 732 هـ (المختصر في أخبار البشر 2 : 45/ حوادث سنة 253 هـ).
13- شمس الدين محمّد الذهبي ت 748 هـ (العبر في خبر من غبر 2 : 31 ط الكويت).
14- صلاح الدين الصفدي ت 764 هـ (الوافي بالوفيات 2 : 336).
15- محب الدين أبو الوليد محمّد بن شحنة الحلبي الحنفي ت 815 هـ (روضة المناظر في أخبار الأوائل والأواخر 1 : 294 ، مطبوع في حاشية مروج الذهب بمصر سنة / 1303 هـ) .
16- ابن الصباغ المالكي ت 855 هـ (الفصول المهمّة / الفصل الثاني عشر : 287).
17- سراج الدين محمّد الواسطي الرفاعي ت 885 هـ (صحاح الأخبار في نسب السادة الفاطميّة الاخيار : 143/ طبع مصر لسنة / 1306 هـ).
18- شمس الدين محمّد بن طولون الحنفي ت 953 هـ (الائمة الاثنا عشر : 117).
19- حسين الدياربكري القاضي ت 966 هـ (تاريخ الخميس 2 : 343).
20- عبد الوهاب الشعراني الشافعي ت 973 هـ (اليواقيت والجواهر 2 : 143 ط مصر لسنة 1378 هـ).
21- أحمد الهيتمي الشافعي ت 974 هـ (الصواعق المحرقة ط الاولى ص207 ، ط الثانية ص124 ، ط الثالثة ص313).
22- أحمد القرماني الحنفي ت 1019هـ (أخبار الدول وآثار الاول 1 : 353 الفصل 11).
23- ابن عماد الدمشقي الحنبلي ت 1089 هـ (شذرات الذهب 2 : 148 في حوادث سنة 260 هـ).
24- عبد الملك المكي العصامي ت 1111 هـ (سمط النجوم العوالي في أنباء الأوائل والتوالي 4 : 137).
25- عبد الله الشبراوي الشافعي ت 1171 هـ (الإتحاف بحب الاشراف : 68).
26- عباس بن علي المكّي ت 1180 هـ (نزهة الجليس ومنية الأديب الأنيس 2 : 128 ط القاهرة).
27- محمّد بن علي الصبان الشافعي ت 1206 هـ (اسعاف الراغبين : 140).