Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Any kind of encouragement would help. Thank you

Rate this topic

Guest Test

Brother Iman has its ups and downs. Did you know that even urafas and Ayatollahs miss fajir sometimes? Even they feel far from God sometimes and deal with similar thoughts as you?

There’s nothing wrong with you, I’m sure there’s a logical explanation for why you feel like this. I pray like that when life is extremely stressful, or I’m dealing with a problem. When we go through a bumpy phase in life Allah tests our faith and that is perfectly normal and nothing to be concerned about. Keep showing up to salah when Allah invites you, stay patient (it won’t be long) and eventually the shaitan will see that you’re a strong mo’min and give up.

• Advanced Member

Salam when you pray or do dua then mention goodness for other people likewise your parents & other members of your family & neighbors likewise in Qunot of Namaz/Salah pray for wellness of others .

• Advanced Member

Salam Alaykum brother, 

13 hours ago, RepentantServant said:

I’m getting thoughts about justifying why I should cut God out of my life, which I don’t think I would ever do. But the thoughts are there & it is what it is. 

It seems to me you're assuming that your actions are only supposed to follow when you're in the right mental state and everything is going well.  This will actually create a lot more stress brother. You're worrying too much about thoughts, emotions etc. The more you worry about it the more it'll grow in intensity. 

Think and imagine you're next to a river. The river symbolises your thoughts, emotions, desires mood etc. The more you try to fight the stream of flow the more you'll exhaust yourself and create a terrible experience. But imagine you stop fighting against the stream and just let your body float while you stare at the sky. Try to actually visualise this and see what happens. What would you choose to do? 

This may sound a bit strange lol but this may help you assess your framework and where your thoughts are coming from. Don't worry about why they're present. Don't worry about things that are not in your control. Focus on making choices and living based on your values. 

Just a question: do you have a job and work?

• Veteran Member

Salam, sorry to hear you are going through this. Alhamdulillah shahr Ramadhan is around the corner which Allah has given us to boost our connection with Him once a year. Start preparing now. Try to fast, make sure you are doing all your wajib and avoiding all haram. Have you listened to any Islamic lectures lately? Are you around other Muslims that can remind you of Allah? Also at times like these sometimes we need a good reminder of death ie our reality. Please read this short book about a real near death experience 3 minutes of judgement day 

I hope that helps a bit. At the very least know I have made dua for you. 

• Advanced Member
On 3/10/2022 at 11:29 AM, RepentantServant said:

I’m getting thoughts about justifying why I should cut God out of my life, which I don’t think I would ever do. But the thoughts are there & it is what it is. 

Those are satanic whispers, brother. Don't pay heed to them. Don't give up your beliefs, and don't stop praying. 

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) ease your difficulties. 

• Advanced Member

Thank you all for your responses. It has really helped & now I feel I'm back to normal again. I'm glad I wrote this thread because my guidance came from all your comments. It's all things that I know already but it's good to have reminders when we need them the most. Thank you all again. I've made dua for you all. 

• Advanced Member
On 3/10/2022 at 7:31 AM, ireallywannaknow said:

Please read this short book about a real near death experience 3 minutes of judgement day 

Thank you for this. I'm already reading it & it's already having a profound affect in my thinking etc. Thank you again.

• Basic Members

Salam brother,

From my personal experience of when feeling low imaan, I listen podcasts and read books helping you through tough times. I recommend you Noble Words from Aboulfazl Sabouri or lectures from Khalil Jaffer. It is important for you to understand that your suffering has a meaning. Be patient and everything will be, in time, fine.