In the Name of God بسم الله

Shia scholars that wrote the killers of Imam Hussain (as) ?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

assalamu aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

We Shia have much evidence that the Sunnis of that time killed Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) with the sword and that the Shia of that time killed the Imam because they abandoned the Imam. Sunnis often show me sources of Shia scholars that the Shia killed the Imam (عليه السلام) and I show Sunni sources that it was Yazid and his followers. Now I am seeking sources from Shia scholars like al Mufid, Al Kulayni, al Tusi etc. that name the killers such as Yazid, Ibn Ziyad and Umar bin Sa'ad bin Abi Waqqas etc.

can you please post them?

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) bless you 

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Dutchzahra said:

assalamu aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

We Shia have much evidence that the Sunnis of that time killed Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) with the sword and that the Shia of that time killed the Imam because they abandoned the Imam. Sunnis often show me sources of Shia scholars that the Shia killed the Imam (عليه السلام) and I show Sunni sources that it was Yazid and his followers. Now I am seeking sources from Shia scholars like al Mufid, Al Kulayni, al Tusi etc. that name the killers such as Yazid, Ibn Ziyad and Umar bin Sa'ad bin Abi Waqqas etc.

can you please post them?

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) bless you 

Dear sister, it is evident from the sunni sources that the Governor of kufa was Ubaidullah ibn Ziad appointed by Yazid who gathered forces against Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) but they were nasibi not sunnis. Sunnis show love towards ahlebait. Likewise, those kufians who fought Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) were nasbi not Shia. As Shia love Ahlebait (عليه السلام). 

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Borntowitnesstruth said:

Dear sister, it is evident from the sunni sources that the Governor of kufa was Ubaidullah ibn Ziad appointed by Yazid who gathered forces against Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) but they were nasibi not sunnis. Sunnis show love towards ahlebait. Likewise, those kufians who fought Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) were nasbi not Shia. As Shia love Ahlebait (عليه السلام). 

Thank you for your reply. Yes that’s true, but Sunnis do respect the killers of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام). 

Some example of the Prophet’s (s) hadith quoted many Sunni scholars on the authority of `Umar b. Sa`d!

• Al-Tirmidhi, Sunan, kitab sifat al-janna `an rasulillah, volume 4, page 678
  • Al-Nasa i, al-Sunan al-mujtaba, kitab tahrim al-dam, volume 7, page 121
  • Al-Nasa i, al-Sunan al-kubra , volume 6, page 263
  • Al-Bayhaqi, al-Sunan al-kubra, volume 3, page 375
  • Ahmad b. Hanbal, al-Tabarani, and others.

`Abd al-Rahman b. `Abza

`Abd al-Rahman b. `Abza (or `Abzi) al-Khuza`i was a companion of the Prophet (s). He was present in the troops of Ibn Ziyad who fought and killed Imam al-Husayn (a). (See al-Dinawari, al-Akhbar al-Tiwal, page 298).

See some of the narrations by him in:

• Al-Bukhari, Sahih, kitab al-tayammum, volume 1, page 129
  • Muslim, Sahih, kitab al-hayd, volume 1, page 280
  • Al-Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud, Ibn Maja, and many others

al-Harith b. Yazid al-Kufi

Al-Harith b. Yazid al-`Akali al-Taymi al-Kufi seems to the al-Harith b. Yazid b. Ruwaym on whose services Ibn Ziyad called upon by sending him from his own base in Kufa to join `Umar b. Sa`d’s army (See al-Dinawari, al-Akhbar al-Tiwal, page 254). No other al-Harith b. Yazids in rijal lexicons seem to hail from Kufa. See his narrations in:

• Al-Bukhari, Sahih, kitab al-`itq, volume 2, page 898
  • Muslim, Sahih, kitab fada’il al-sahaba, volume 4, page 1957
  • Al-Nasa’i, Ibn Maja, and others.

Shabath b. Rib`i

Abu `Abd al-Quddus Shabath b. Rib`i al-Tamimi al-Yarbu`i was a man with a checkered background. A companion of the Prophet (s), he used to be once on the side of Imam Ali (a), then joined the Khawarij and later was part of Ibn Ziyad’s troops in Karbala fighting Imam al-Husayn (a)! See:

• al-Dinawari, al-Akhbar al-Tiwal, page 254;
  • al-`Asqalani, al- Isaba, volume 3, page 376
  • al-`Asqalani, Tahdhib al-tahdhib, volume 4, page 266.

From al-Tabari, from the scene of the battle of Karbala:

He (i.e.`Umar b. Sa`d) put `Azrah b. Qays al-Ahmasi in command of the cavalry and Shabath b. Rib`i al-Yarbu`i in command of the footsoldiers. (Al-Tabari, al-Ta’rikh, translated into English as History of al-Tabari The Caliphate of Yazid b. Mu’awiyah , Howard, pp. 121)

Some narrations from Shabath in:

• Abu Dawud, Sunan, kitab al-’adab, volume 4, page 315.
  • Al-Nasa’i, al-Sunan al-kubra, volume 6, page 204.

Sunnis like to have a discussion about our books. They use sources like the Shia killed imam Hussain (عليه السلام). I want to show them Shia sources that our Shia scholars explain that part

Edited by Dutchzahra

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, Dutchzahra said:

Thank you for your reply. Yes that’s true, but Sunnis do respect the killers of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام). 

Some example of the Prophet’s (s) hadith quoted many Sunni scholars on the authority of `Umar b. Sa`d!

• Al-Tirmidhi, Sunan, kitab sifat al-janna `an rasulillah, volume 4, page 678
  • Al-Nasa i, al-Sunan al-mujtaba, kitab tahrim al-dam, volume 7, page 121
  • Al-Nasa i, al-Sunan al-kubra , volume 6, page 263
  • Al-Bayhaqi, al-Sunan al-kubra, volume 3, page 375
  • Ahmad b. Hanbal, al-Tabarani, and others.

`Abd al-Rahman b. `Abza

`Abd al-Rahman b. `Abza (or `Abzi) al-Khuza`i was a companion of the Prophet (s). He was present in the troops of Ibn Ziyad who fought and killed Imam al-Husayn (a). (See al-Dinawari, al-Akhbar al-Tiwal, page 298).

See some of the narrations by him in:

• Al-Bukhari, Sahih, kitab al-tayammum, volume 1, page 129
  • Muslim, Sahih, kitab al-hayd, volume 1, page 280
  • Al-Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud, Ibn Maja, and many others

al-Harith b. Yazid al-Kufi

Al-Harith b. Yazid al-`Akali al-Taymi al-Kufi seems to the al-Harith b. Yazid b. Ruwaym on whose services Ibn Ziyad called upon by sending him from his own base in Kufa to join `Umar b. Sa`d’s army (See al-Dinawari, al-Akhbar al-Tiwal, page 254). No other al-Harith b. Yazids in rijal lexicons seem to hail from Kufa. See his narrations in:

• Al-Bukhari, Sahih, kitab al-`itq, volume 2, page 898
  • Muslim, Sahih, kitab fada’il al-sahaba, volume 4, page 1957
  • Al-Nasa’i, Ibn Maja, and others.

Shabath b. Rib`i

Abu `Abd al-Quddus Shabath b. Rib`i al-Tamimi al-Yarbu`i was a man with a checkered background. A companion of the Prophet (s), he used to be once on the side of Imam Ali (a), then joined the Khawarij and later was part of Ibn Ziyad’s troops in Karbala fighting Imam al-Husayn (a)! See:

• al-Dinawari, al-Akhbar al-Tiwal, page 254;
  • al-`Asqalani, al- Isaba, volume 3, page 376
  • al-`Asqalani, Tahdhib al-tahdhib, volume 4, page 266.

From al-Tabari, from the scene of the battle of Karbala:

He (i.e.`Umar b. Sa`d) put `Azrah b. Qays al-Ahmasi in command of the cavalry and Shabath b. Rib`i al-Yarbu`i in command of the footsoldiers. (Al-Tabari, al-Ta’rikh, translated into English as History of al-Tabari The Caliphate of Yazid b. Mu’awiyah , Howard, pp. 121)

Some narrations from Shabath in:

• Abu Dawud, Sunan, kitab al-’adab, volume 4, page 315.
  • Al-Nasa’i, al-Sunan al-kubra, volume 6, page 204.

Sunnis like to have a discussion about our books. They use sources like the Shia killed imam Hussain (عليه السلام). I want to show them Shia sources that our Shia scholars explain that part

As said earlier those who joined Yazid's force and participated in battle against Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) are nasibi. In Sunni sect, its obligatory to have love towards Ahlebait because those who don't love Ahlebait are called nasibi. 

Anyone who respects enemy of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) is nasibi whether he calls himself Muslim or Momin, this does not change the fact.

• Advanced Member
14 hours ago, Borntowitnesstruth said:

As said earlier those who joined Yazid's force and participated in battle against Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) are nasibi. In Sunni sect, its obligatory to have love towards Ahlebait because those who don't love Ahlebait are called nasibi. 

Anyone who respects enemy of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) is nasibi whether he calls himself Muslim or Momin, this does not change the fact.

also true, of course they were nasibi, but I see Sunnis claim that they love the Ahlalbayt (عليه السلام), but also don't dare to say anything bad about the killers. Instead of that they accuse the Shia of killing Imam Hussain (عليه السلام). they are unfortunately in denial

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

How can I respond to the below? That's more my question. 

Hussein رضي الله عنه made Du'a (supplications) to the Shi'a (Shiites) saying:
“O Allah, if You give them (Shia) a temporary pleasure (in this worldly life) divide them into sects.
And tear them apart into different currents.
And never let the rulers be pleased with them.
They (the Shiites) called us to help us,
Then they attacked us and killed us.”
{Al-Irshad by Al-Mufid 241, Al-Tabarsi's I'laam Al Wara 949, Kashf Al-Ghamma 2:18, 38}.

دعا الحسين على شيعته قائلاً : "
اللهم إن متعتهم إلى حين ففرقهم فرقاً ( أي شيعاً وأحزاباً )
واجعلهم طرائق قددا ،
و لا ترض الولاة عنهم أبدا ،
فإنهم دعونا لينصرونا ،
ثم عدوا علينا فقتلونا "
{ الإرشاد للمفيد 241 ، إعلام الورى للطبرسي 949، كشف الغمة 18:2و38

SHEIKH Mohsen Al-Amin said:
"twenty thousand of the people of Iraq pledged allegiance to Al Hussein.
They betrayed him and rebelled against him, while their pledge of allegiance to him was around their necks, and they killed him.”
{A'an As Shi'a 34:1}.

Edited by Dutchzahra

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, Dutchzahra said:

How can I respond to the below?

Salam Sister!!

Please look at the words of Imam (عليه السلام) and you will get the idea whose shia Imam (عليه السلام) is addressing in his supplication:

فإنهم دعونا لينصرونا ،

(They called us to help us)

Please note that those who invited Imam (peace be upon him) to help him did not call him because he is the supposed caliph of obedience stipulated by God Almighty, but rather because he is qualified for the position of caliph, being the son of the fourth caliph in their view, and that his brother is in favor of Muawiyah (L), provided that the matter is returned to him.

As for the Shia of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام), those who martyred fighting from his side and those who remain unable to reach him for his help, those who either were imprisoned or either they were forced to stay in homes, are not the addressee of this supplication. 

So we can say that this supplication is mentioning the shia of Aal e Sufyaan (L). 

Infact Imam (عليه السلام) even named some of these people:

ثم قال لهم الحسين عليه السلام: " فإن كنتم في شك من هذا، أفتشكون أني ابن بنت نبيكم! فوالله ما بين المشرق والمغرب ابن بنت نبي غيري فيكم ولا في غيركم، ويحكم أتطلبوني بقتيل منكم قتلته، أو مال لكم استهلكته، أو بقصاص جراحة؟! " فأخذوا لا يكلمونه، فنادى: (يا شبث بن ربعي، يا حجار بن أبجر، يا قيس بن الأشعث، يا يزيد بن الحارث، ألم تكتبوا إلي أن قد أينعت الثمار وأخضر الجناب، وإنما تقدم على جند لك مجند؟! " فقال له قيس بن الأشعث: ما ندري ما تقول، ولكن انزل على حكم بني عمك، فإنهم لن يروك إلا ما تحب فقال له الحسين " لا والله لا أعطيكم بيدي إعطاء الذليل، ولا أفر فرار العبيد (3) ". ثم نادى: " يا عباد الله، إني عذت بربي وربكم أن ترجمون، أعوذ بربي وربكم من كل متكبر لا يؤمن بيوم الحساب

http://shiaonlinelibrary.com/الكتب/1295_الإرشاد-الشيخ-المفيد-ج-٢/الصفحة_98

This شبث بن ربعي was one of the Kharijites who revolted against the Commander of the Faithful (peace be upon him), and it is the group that has passed away from the religion as an arrow passes through the shooter.
 As for Qais bin Al-Ash’ash, he asks Imam Al-Hussein (peace be upon him) after this sermon to come down on the rule of his uncle’s children, i.e. Banu Umayyah, so which Shiite is this?

فقال له قيس بن الأشعث: ما ندري ما تقول، ولكن انزل على حكم بني عمك، فإنهم لن يروك إلا ما تحب

I hope this would be helpful for you.

Wassalam!!

• Advanced Member

Salam for addendum  to above

And that Hajjar (حجار بن أبجر) has been embraced Islam at the hands of Umar and his father was a Christian, so how does he know this imam and the order on Ali and the imams (Salam be upon them) after him so that he becomes a Shiite?!
How can these or others become Shiites while they are fighting the infallible imam who is supposed to be obedien to him? This action makes them absolutely out of Shi'ism, indeed makes them Nawasib!
Do not make mistake of the situation and confuse the concept of the Shiites, who require belief in the Imamate, with the ordinary love or the desire for victory or even the spirit to fight besides the Imam (عليه السلام), given that he is one of the honorable leaders or scholars.These are not called Shiites, even if the trolls try to murky waters like Wahhabism now to link them to Shiites (Attaching them to the Shiites).
And long as you in God's care

https://www.aqaed.com/faq/3156/

• Advanced Member

Imam Hussein: "Shias (Followers) of Abu Sufyan! "If you do not have a religion, at least be free."

«ويحكم يا شيعة آل أبي سفيان! إن لم يكن لكم دين، وكنتم لا تخافون المعاد، فكونوا أحراراً في دنياكم هذه، وارجعوا إلى أحسابكم إن كنتم عُرُباً كما تزعمون.[2]

[2]. مقتل الحسين، خوارزمي،انوارالهدی، چاپ دوم، ج 2، ص 38 

Woe to you! O Shias  of family of Abu Sufyan! "If you do not have a religion and you are not afraid of the Day of Resurrection, at least be a free man in this world and return to your lineage as an Arab, as you think."

Maqtal al-Ḥusayn (a) ( known as Maqtal al-Khwārizmī ), second publication , v 2 , p38

This confrontation between right and wrong has been extended to the present time, and the followers of Abu Sufyan, who openly call themselves by this description, [3] are fighting hard against the followers of the Ahl al-Bayt and their lovers, both Shiites and Sunnis. . Their reputation for cruelty and cruelty has filled all the world's media.

[1]. Abdullah ibn Umar says: "The Prophet was passing by a place, his eyes fell on Abu Sufyan who was riding a camel and Mu'awiyah and his brother were moving one in front and the other behind. He said:«اللّهمّ العن القائد والسائق والراكب». "Allah curse the Guide, the Driver and the Companion." God damn the one who is on camelback and curse those who are with him and on foot. He said, "Yes, I heard it myself, and if I lie, my ears will be deaf, just as my eyes have been  blinded." History of nations and kings, Tabari, Egypt, events of 284 AH, Safin book, p. 247

تاريخ الامم والملوك، طبری، مصر،  حوادث سال 284 هـ ، كتاب صفين، ص247

https://www.adyannet.com/fa/news/20983

Maqtal al-Khwārizmī (Arabic: مقتل الخوارزمی) is a book written by al-Muwaffaq b. Ahmad al-Khwarizmi (d. 568/1172-73), a sunni scholar. Although the book is called "maqtal" (which refers to books concerned with how Imam al-Husayn (a) was martyred), a considerable part of it as well as its epilogue are concerned with Imam al-Husayn's (a) Uprising and the Event of Karbala. The book is hadith-centered and chains of narrations of hadiths are also mentioned. Although the author is a Sunni scholar, his accounts are considered by many Shiite scholars.

https://en.wikishia.net/view/Maqtal_al-Husayn_(by_al-Khwarizmi)

• Advanced Member
10 hours ago, Dutchzahra said:

also true, of course they were nasibi, but I see Sunnis claim that they love the Ahlalbayt (عليه السلام), but also don't dare to say anything bad about the killers. Instead of that they accuse the Shia of killing Imam Hussain (عليه السلام). they are unfortunately in denial

You can see sister that anyone who show sympathies for the killers of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) actually do not love Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) and hence is not a sunni according to the definition of Sunnism. There love for killers of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) and hate for lovers of Imam Hussain perfectly describe who they really are. 

A sunni according to their Maktab must show love and reverence towards Ahlebait. Any signal showing otherwise is sign of nasibi.

• Advanced Member

What does it take to be a follower of Imam Ali?The Prophet (peace be upon him and his progeny) was asked by Ibn Abbas about the verse of the Holy Qur’an, “And the Foremost Ones are the foremost ones: they are the ones brought near to Allah” (56:10-11), to which he replied, ‘This refers to Ali and his Shia – they will be the foremost to enter Paradise, the ones brought near to Allah through His Magnanimity over them.” (Amali al-Tusi)

https://www.islamicinsights.com/religion/who-are-the-shia-of-imam-ali.html

• Veteran Member
On 3/15/2022 at 12:37 AM, Ashvazdanghe said:

What does it take to be a follower of Imam Ali?The Prophet (peace be upon him and his progeny) was asked by Ibn Abbas about the verse of the Holy Qur’an, “And the Foremost Ones are the foremost ones: they are the ones brought near to Allah” (56:10-11), to which he replied, ‘This refers to Ali and his Shia – they will be the foremost to enter Paradise, the ones brought near to Allah through His Magnanimity over them.” (Amali al-Tusi)

https://www.islamicinsights.com/religion/who-are-the-shia-of-imam-ali.html

These are the Shia of Ali who fought in his battles and governed his empire 

not the followers of a later sect which crystallized in the second century Hijra