Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

How do I regain my faith?

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Salam.

I used to have a lot of faith and conviction, though I actually only had little knowledge about Islam. After watching a video I got doubts just as I couldnt really refute anything because of my lack of knowledge. Alhamdulilah I gained a lot of knowledge, but my faith and conviction in my heart it feels like is still missing. Does someone have some tips?

Guest test

DO.LESS.HARAM.DO.MORE.HALAL.

You shouldn’t have watched that video in the first place if you knew you couldn’t argue back. I have strong faith but if I watch videos about Judaism every day then I’ll be a Jew before the year ends. 

• Veteran Member
On 3/6/2022 at 7:06 AM, QasimiH said:

Salam.

I used to have a lot of faith and conviction, though I actually only had little knowledge about Islam. After watching a video I got doubts just as I couldnt really refute anything because of my lack of knowledge. Alhamdulilah I gained a lot of knowledge, but my faith and conviction in my heart it feels like is still missing. Does someone have some tips?

What a fantastic opportunity to seek more knowledge and eliminate doubts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
On 3/7/2022 at 12:06 AM, QasimiH said:

Salam.

:salam:

May Allah help you in your tribulations. 

First of all, I would recommend getting your questions answered. There's a hadith from one of the Imams, I can't remember which one, in which he says that if you have a doubt about religion, you should address it straight away. (Maybe someone can find the hadith insha'Allah). You should, if you can, ask your local Sheikh or someone at the masjid, if not, there are many websites that you can ask your questions on, my favourite one being Al-Islam.org. Here's the link:

https://www.al-islam.org/ask

Secondly, you should pray to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) frequently and ask Him for everything you need. I personally like to read Sahifat As-Sajjadiyya regularly, but there are many other Du'as which should restore your faith. For example, this Du'a is from Duas.org:

A man saw the Holy Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم).a.) many a time in his dreams. Every time he requests the Holy Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم).a.) to advise him what to do so that he might leave this world with his faith intact. The Holy Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم).a.) in reply advised him to recite the following Dua every day.

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ. يَا اَللهُ يَا اَللهُ يَا اَللهُ اَلْاَمَانُ اَلْاَمَانُ اَلْاَمَانُ مِنْ زَوَالِ الْاِيْمَانِ يَا دَآئِمَ الْمَعْرُوْفِ يَا قَدِيْمَ الْاِحْسَانِ وَ يَا هَادِيَ الْمُضِلِّيْنَ اِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ وَ اِيَّاكَ نَسْتَعِيْنُ وَ صَلَّي اللهُ عَلٰي خَيْرِ خَلْقِهٖ مُحَمَّدٍ وَآلِهٖ اَجْمَعِيْنَ.

Translation:

In the name of Allah the Beneficent the Merciful O Allah! O Allah! O Allah! The Security, the Security the Security from the vanishment of the faith. O the Eternally Known! O the Eternally Obliging and O the Guide of those gone astray, Thee alone do we worship and of Thee (only) do we seek help. May Allah’s blessings be upon His best creation Mohammed and all his (pure) progeny.

[From https://www.duas.org/101dua.htm#_Toc238539275 ]

Here's another great Du'a which I recite daily in my Qunoot, also from Duas.org:

يَا اَللَّهُ يَا رَحْمٰنُ يَا رَحِيمُ يَا مُقَلِّبَ ٱلْقُلُوبِ ثَبِّتْ قَلْبِي عَلَىٰ دِينِكَ

O Allah! O Beneficent! O Merciful! O One who changes the hearts (of people)! Give me steadfastness upon Your religion!

[From https://www.duas.org/imamezaman/ghareek.htm ]

So get your questions answered, and recite a lot of Du'as. 

May Allah bless, protect, guide, and help you and your family and grant you Jannat Al-Firdaus.

Ma3salam.