Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Loosing my faith.

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I'm a revert and very alone there is nowhere to go to mousque or find other muslims. I'm getting where I want to leave but feel like I would be turning my back on Allah and the Umah. I have no idea how anyone can help me and I don't feel close to god at all.

• Advanced Member
10 hours ago, Ishmail Ali As-Shukur said:

I'm a revert and very alone there is nowhere to go to mousque or find other muslims. I'm getting where I want to leave but feel like I would be turning my back on Allah and the Umah. I have no idea how anyone can help me and I don't feel close to god at all.

This is a platform where you have your brothers in faith. As far as leaving Islam is concerned, no one will have its disadvantage except the person leaving it. Because leaving Islam means leaving a moderate life style where you are ensured safety of life both in this word and hereafter. 

If you don't feel close to Allah (عزّ وجلّ), take a step towards Him by engaging yourself to learn about Islam and Holy personalities. I assure you will get a response but you do this act continuously throughout life. 

With Best Wishes 

• Veteran Member

What are your thoughts and questions about religion / Islam that you are getting in your mind?

You may share your thoughts and feelings here instead of feeling alone.  Members at SC may share their response for your assistance.

Edited by Muslim2010

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Muslim2010 said:

What are your thoughts and questions about religion / Islam that you are getting in your mind?

You may share your thoughts and feelings here instead of feeling alone.  Members at SC may share their response for your assistance.

I just feel alone in it. The only community I have is online. And I'm having a problem with major sin (alcohol).

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Muslim2010 said:

I want some direct interaction in person from some other muslims, but that would mean moving.

• Veteran Member
16 hours ago, Ishmail Ali As-Shukur said:

It's tough being alone.  Believe me, I have lived in many places where I was the only Muslim for miles, with no masjid for over 100 miles.  

But you know what helps is being others that still believe in God.  Even if they're Christian or Jew, they still believe in God.  Try and find a group of religious Christians/Jews to hang around, and at least you'll be reminded of God.  What's bad is hanging around lots of atheists or agnostics.  That will most definitely start pulling you away from religion.

Guest test
21 hours ago, Ishmail Ali As-Shukur said:

I don't have the money saved or high enough income. but moving is what I think I need to.

It's something to work towards, the goal should give you hope and motivation

• Advanced Member
On 2/19/2022 at 3:00 PM, coldcow said:

Try and find a group of religious Christians/Jews to hang around, and at least you'll be reminded of God.  What's bad is hanging around lots of atheists or agnostics.  That will most definitely start pulling you away from religion.

On 2/19/2022 at 1:53 PM, Ishmail Ali As-Shukur said:

I just feel alone in it. The only community I have is online. And I'm having a problem with major sin (alcohol).

I think @coldcow has a good point - being alone is often the door to doing things we would later regret.  Why not look for a local branch of Alcoholics Anonymous?   Good friends and an accountability group often help us. 

Getting otside into nature (even if it is only a park in a city) can also help as the wonder of God's creation can encourage us to worship God and seek a closer relationship with him.  Regular out door exercise is also great for our overall wellbeing and self esteem.

As a follower of Jesus the Messiah, I would also say that reading the accounts of his life and teaching in the Trustworthy Injil offers encouragement and direction which can change our situations and bring us back on to the Way of God.