In the Name of God بسم الله

Matam and Ya Hussain, do shias really do it?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Ive been told by people that shias dont really say ya hussain when they do matam. A lady told me her husbandwas in us military in iraq and shias never said ya hussain, also a person asked some one on the internet do shias really do ya hussain and they said they dont, i tld them yes and they said how do i know i live in america! IS this true, or did i mis understand?

• Advanced Member
10 hours ago, Lion of Shia said:

Ive been told by people that shias dont really say ya hussain when they do matam. A lady told me her husbandwas in us military in iraq and shias never said ya hussain, also a person asked some one on the internet do shias really do ya hussain and they said they dont, i tld them yes and they said how do i know i live in america! IS this true, or did i mis understand?

Every region has its own culture. In sub-continent when we do matam, we say ya Hussain (عليه السلام). In middle East, they do matam while noha is being said. There seems no difference between them as Essence is the same. 

• Veteran Member

When we say Ya Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)...we actually acknowledging that my Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is the Most Powerful, the Highest, the Only One, the Most Merciful....

To put in short of all Holy Attributes of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)...we say Ya Allah.

When we say Ya Hussain.. we are acknowledging that my Hussain (عليه السلام) is my Imam, Wali, Master of Shuhadas, the Leader of Youth in Jannah,... all titles attributing to Imam Hussain.

To make it short to acknowledge the status of Imam (عليه السلام), we say Ya Hussain.