Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What is the cause of depression?

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member
5 hours ago, Miqdad786 said:

Is it a disconnection with Allah?

Many reasons and depending on individual situation or case.

Depression is mostly psychological.

The best way to overcome every issue in life and hereafter is total trust and direct dependent on Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).  Not everyone believes it.  So majority will find indirect ways to address it using scientific approach or other methods.

Keep our focus on solutions and not on the problems.

Wallahualam 

• Moderators

Besides what was said above, which I agree with, there is another aspect to it. We live in a world where there are many things going on, that if you focus on them too much, you can get depressed. There are also things going on in everyone's life that are, let's say, less than pleasant. Everyone has problem and issues going on in their life. These things sometimes feel overwhelming and the person thinks they will never end and / or may get worse. The trick to not letting these things get you depressed is to wake up every morning and say to yourself, 'I will work hard and do what I can do to solve / alleviate / lessen these problem and issues I am having. Beyond that, I will leave it to Allah(s.w.a)'. And this is the meaning of the famous ayat, 

مَن كَانَ يُؤْمِنُ بِٱللَّهِ وَٱلْيَوْمِ ٱلْـَٔاخِرِ وَمَن يَتَّقِ ٱللَّهَ يَجْعَل لَّهُۥ مَخْرَجًا...

وَيَرْزُقْهُ مِنْ حَيْثُ لَا يَحْتَسِبُ وَمَن يَتَوَكَّلْ عَلَى ٱللَّهِ فَهُوَ حَسْبُهُۥٓ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ بَـٰلِغُ أَمْرِهِۦ قَدْ جَعَلَ ٱللَّهُ لِكُلِّ شَىْءٍ قَدْرًا

''And unto everyone who is conscious of God, He [always] grants a way out [of unhappiness], and provides for him in a manner beyond all expectation;  and for everyone who places his trust in God He [alone] is enough. Verily, God always attains to His purpose: [and] indeed, unto everything has God appointed its [term and] measure.

Holy Quran Surat 65 2-3

Edited by Abu Hadi

• Advanced Member

For me depression is usually a helpful indication that something is very wrong about my life due to my decisions. It's like my soul and mind are protesting my foolishness. That could mean associating with a bad friend, having a bad life-plan, not having a good relationship with someone important, neglecting God, neglecting something that should be a very high priority, not being satisfied with my circumstances due to my actions.