Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Why is Allah not answering my prayers?

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

I'm in a very tough situation right now. I made dua and prayed a lot that Allah would give me satisfactory grades in my exams, to the point I cried and begged Him. However, the results didnt turn out to be that great. Does anyone know why this is happening to me? Why is Allah not answering my prayer despite me desperately wanting His help?

• Advanced Member

Salam not receiving satisfactory grades in exam is not sign of not responding to your prayers which if you trust in Allah then you will see that he has made a better decision  for you also if your prayers has not answered  currently  then you will receive real reward of in hereafter  & judgment  day inshaAllah  because all of your prayers will be preserved which none of your prayers will be void but you may receive it reward in another time inshaAllah .

https://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235073366-share-your-tips-that-make-praying-easier/

• Veteran Member
13 hours ago, Izn Zahra said:

I'm in a very tough situation right now. I made dua and prayed a lot that Allah would give me satisfactory grades in my exams, to the point I cried and begged Him. However, the results didnt turn out to be that great. Does anyone know why this is happening to me? Why is Allah not answering my prayer despite me desperately wanting His help?

Salam,

Wanting desperately for Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) help is good and recommended.

Expecting Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to follow our request because we said that we are desperate, then who are we as compared to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). We must not be seen to instruct Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to follow our wishes.  We are nobody!

Questioning Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) as to why He did not grant our request/prayer is not acceptable.

Wanting desperately for Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) help and put trust in Him regardless of the outcome is the best. Always say Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) have given me the best...Praise Him.  That is how to ask Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)...trust Him and Praise Him!

Then walk tall infront of syaitans (syaitans tried to distract our mind) and be satisfied because you have trusted and praised  Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) in desperate situation.

Wallahualam.

Edited by layman

Guest Borntowitness
17 hours ago, Izn Zahra said:

Imam Ali (عليه السلام) said acts and prayers are like arrow and bow. The one without the other is useless. 

We have to work hard and then pray. Insha-Allah, Allah (عزّ وجلّ) will answer our prayers. But, sometimes, it may happen that we have done every possible thing and nothing remains for us as choice except prayer. And, our prayer appears to have been rejected but in reality, these prayers have been accepted to aid us in Akhirah.

• Advanced Member

Allah responds in one of three ways...either 1.) Yes (prayer is granted) 2.) No (prayer is denied) 3. Wait (prayer is granted after a duration)

• Advanced Member

If you ask Him for help with tears in your eyes then it was answered. How it was answered, we'll only know later. I remember once Allah broke the engagement of someone right after he prayed to Him for help and blessings. At the time we couldn't understand what was going on, but then it turned out that she was cheating on him and Allah was doing him a GIANT favor.

Maybe you were supposed to get a worse grade and He helped, maybe instead of helping you with one exam He wants to help you academically later in a more significant way, maybe He wants to see what you'll do if he withholds His help for a little bit, maybe He put you through this so you'll be scared into being an even better student (that happened for me and now I'm the best student in class). Only He knows. But you have to trust in Him and not hope for or expect anything specific when you ask Him for help, because maybe the best thing for you is something you hate or something you would have never expected

• Advanced Member

This is a really difficult topic. 

On 1/19/2022 at 9:28 AM, layman said:

We must not be seen to instruct Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to follow our wishes.  We are nobody!

On 1/19/2022 at 9:28 AM, layman said:

Wanting desperately for Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) help and put trust in Him regardless of the outcome is the best. Always say Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) have given me the best...Praise Him.  That is how to ask Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)...trust Him and Praise Him!

When we bring our requests to God, it is an act of faith.  It is also an amazing privilage - we are talking to the almighty creator of the universe!

Yes we can not control God, nor do we have the complete picture.  God is free to act as he will acording to his divine knowledge and will.

There is a statement of the Prophet David in the Zebur which I have found helpful.  Psalm 34 verse 4 Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

What is this saying?  The thing we should be thinking about first and foremost is "Are we delighting in God?"  Are we spending time with him, dwelling on his character and being?  Are we finding his ways and his words a joy and a delight?  As we do this, our will and our desires will start to come into alinement with his.  The things we pray for will be the things that match up to his desires and character.

There is also a teaching of Jesus the Messiah about prayer found in Matthew's account of his life and teaching chapter 7

“Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

God is the source of good gifts.  When we ask he will not give us something that will be dangerous or will hurt us.  However, there is an important condition, which links to the saying of David.  God the giver is called "Our Father in Heaven".  Obviously this is not a physical relationship, but it is a Spiritual relationship.  If we want to recieve good gifts from God, we need to be in his family, we need to recognise him as our father and be in a joyful intimate relationship with him.

As I live as a child of God, delighting in him as my father, and seeking to live in a way that reflects I am part of God's family, my prayers become those which agree with who God is and his desires.  I find myself praying more for the good of others than for my own well being.  I pray for God's blessing on the poor, the suffering and the marginalised.  I ask for his strength to live a life of rightiousness that will impact others for good.