Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Thoughts 2022

Rate this topic

Haji 2003

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

NOT a BREAKING NEWS alert, but NBC NEWS said that Bernie Sanders is up to something. :shifty:

Is Bernie back?: As Biden struggles, Sanders leads a field of Democrats jockeying for the 2024 presidential election campaign

More than two years out from the 2024 election, Sen. Bernie Sanders’ campaign fires are simmering. He is having private discussions about the possibility of making a third bid for the White House if President Joe Biden reverses course and chooses not to run. Sanders is the most openly ambitious about another bid, but more than a dozen Democratic insiders said in interviews that an emerging field of Democratic hopefuls are also positioning themselves to run.

A Trump vs. Sanders match would be a sight to see, however Trump would most likely be winning that race.

• Forum Administrators
2 hours ago, Ibn-e-Muhammad said:

A Trump vs. Sanders match would be a sight to see, however Trump would most likely be winning that race.

Not sure whether to laugh or cry. :blush:

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Ibn-e-Muhammad said:

Seriously. The democrats would do anything to keep Bernie or out of office, even preferring Trump.  Disgusting.  

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, notme said:

Seriously. The democrats would do anything to keep Bernie or out of office, even preferring Trump.  Disgusting.  

Definitely, the Democrats have a track record of rigging nominations since the 80’s. But even besides that, I think the vast majority of Americans are misinformed about what a social democracy exactly is. Sanders’ political outlook is much more in line with the social democracy that we see in Germany and other Northern European countries. However, most of the people I’ve spoken to have this terrible notion that a social democracy is what we saw in the Soviet Union or modern-day North Korea, which is absolute nonsense. I don’t necessarily wish people would go and vote for Sanders, but I do wish they were a little bit more smarter about politics.

• Advanced Member
On 5/13/2022 at 6:16 AM, Ibn-e-Muhammad said:

I think that this time a new surprise  will be happen  by introducing  a transgender or lesbian or gay candidate  for becoming Potus.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Haji 2003 said:

Screenshot 2022-05-18 at 09.11.02.png

Requirements to Hold Office
According to Article II of the U.S. Constitution, the president must be a natural-born citizen of the United States, be at least 35 years old, and have been a resident of the United States for 14 years.

https://www.usa.gov/presidents

How to run for President

The original Constitution contains Article 2, which addresses the constitutional requirements for running for the US President and the US Vice President. It applied to the role at the time of the formation of the USA and remains in place today. The article states the following three clauses:

1. First, US President has to be a natural born US citizen.
  2. US President has to have a minimum age of at least 35 years old
  3. US President has to have been a resident of the United States for 14 years.

These three key points highlight potential issues with the process.

The third requirement caused a furor about Barack Obama’s birth certificate during his race for the Whitehouse.

It is also why UK PM Boris Johnson could run if he moved to the US, reclaimed his dual-citizenship, and waited 14 years.

https://constitutionus.com/presidents/requirements-and-qualifications-to-become-us-president/

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

I think that this time a new surprise  will be happen  by introducing  a transgender or lesbian or gay candidate  for becoming Potus.

They did have Pete Buttigeg. 

If they do bring in a "diverse" candidate, their ideology will still be the same mainstream neoliberal or neoconservative garbage. Only candidates approved by the corporate oligarchy are ever allowed to run. That's why it's not a real democracy. In a democracy we would be able to choose candidates, not select from among bad choices set up by those in power.  

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

It would hardly matter in the bigger picture of American politics, would it? Even if the candidate is gay, they would still need to be the same old, typical cut-out-to-be-a-politician who can engage in deceive talk with the masses and appease to the lobbies and corporations. 

• Forum Administrators
On 5/18/2022 at 5:26 AM, notme said:

Only candidates approved by the corporate oligarchy are ever allowed to run. That's why it's not a real democracy. In a democracy we would be able to choose candidates, not select from among bad choices set up by those in power.  

Some people complain about the strict vetting for who can run for president in Iran. They have way more people qualified and campaigning for their presidency than the choices we have here in the US. :blush:

• Forum Administrators
On 5/12/2022 at 8:39 PM, Hameedeh said:

NBC NEWS said that Bernie Sanders is up to something. :shifty:

Is Bernie back?: As Biden struggles, Sanders leads a field of Democrats jockeying for the 2024 presidential election campaign

WOW! This was a Tweet from Bernie Sanders today. He said #TaxTheRich!

• Veteran Member

Have you ever been stuck at a job where they constantly humiliate you but don't fire you? What can you do in this situation? Due to me being autistic, I have learning disability and I am constantly distracted due to fights at home. I am hesitant to learn new skills, so my employer is not giving me work. But they don't fire me also so that I can focus on finding a new job. I am looking but I have so much anxiety about my job that I just spend time praying that my day at my job goes okay today. Employers are so cruel, they are torturing me because they don't want to give me unemployment. And my community is keeping tabs on me. They constantly shame me that I am giving bad image to Islam because I am not a good worker. They just want me to work for them so that they can humiliate me as much as they want. I miss the old days when an employer had a problem with you, they would just fire you. Now they are pretending to be "kind" by not firing people, when in fact they are being so cruel. 

• Advanced Member
On 5/18/2022 at 5:02 PM, Ibn-e-Muhammad said:

It would hardly matter in the bigger picture of American politics, would it? Even if the candidate is gay, they would still need to be the same old, typical cut-out-to-be-a-politician who can engage in deceive talk with the masses and appease to the lobbies and corporations. 

Salam  It won't  be strange that at least one of "old, typical cut-out" politicians  calls himself  a gay then he will receive  mass support of social platforms  likewise  Twitter  which in any time American  rules for presidency can be interpreted  in a way for accepting a gay president  in similar  fashion which has been interpreted  differently  for accepting  Obama  for being  POTUS.

• Moderators
On 5/24/2022 at 4:15 PM, notme said:

Salam folks - I request duas for success in my interview Thursday for a job that I really want but am not quite qualified for.  It's a job as a middle school math teacher.  

And also if I do get it, duas that I do the best job for the children.  

Ok y'all.  I'm going to need double duas. I just got cc on an email informing my usual supervisor that I'll be substitute teaching an 8th grade English class tomorrow at the request of the principal during the time I'm scheduled to interview! As far as i can tell, the substitute assignment IS the interview. 

I can math or science all day! I can muddle through history.  I don't know the first thing about teaching English! Wish me well behaved students.  

It's tomorrow.  I'm a bit nervous.  

• Forum Administrators
3 hours ago, notme said:

It's tomorrow.  I'm a bit nervous.  

Is this the last week of school or are your students going to summer school?

Use part of the time to introduce yourself. Write your name on the chalkboard so they can remember it.

Ask each one of them to say their name and tell something about themself so you can remember them.

English is about grammar, reading, spelling, prose and poetry, etc. Do they have a book you can look at? Choose something to read to them and then ask them questions to see how well they listened.

Read a poem to the class and discuss what the author wanted to tell you. 

Tell them to take out a sheet of paper and ask them questions to get them to write.

Ask if anyone wants to read something from their book.  

You will do fine, inShaAllah. Don't worry! 

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, notme said:

I don't know the first thing about teaching English! Wish me well behaved students.  

Salam you can find channels on  Youtube about teaching English, which by watching these channels you can find an idea for teaching English or introduce Shiachat to them.:grin::book::cool:

• Forum Administrators
8 hours ago, notme said:

I don't know the first thing about teaching English!

Just google 8th grade English syllabus and you're good to go. Plenty of resources that I can see.

• Forum Administrators

Can anyone answer this?

Open carry (of weapons) seems to be the Republican equivalent of gay pride, but surely this is just an invitation for someone to relieve the carrier of the weapon?

They're typically thinking about their shopping so low situational awareness and mostly so unfit that if there is a struggle for the weapon, they'd lose.

image.png

54bf617c-74dc-4c07-9368-6f20821bfcba-206

origin.jpg

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

Is this the last week of school or are your students going to summer school?

Our school goes until June 10. We start later than most.  However, as far as I know I'm only going to be in this particular class for one day.  Usually there is a sub plan for me to follow so I won't need to create an entire lesson, just teach the one I'm given.  If there is no sub plan, I'll have to figure something out on the spot.  Maybr we will talk about favorite books, and if the kids don't want to talk about books we can shift over to talking about movies, another form of literature. 

Most of your suggestions made me smile.  This is perfect for 20 years ago.  Now there is no chalkboard, no textbook, no paper, and many of the students won't even have a pencil. Everything is in their school-issued laptops.  Unfortunately, the school-issued laptops also have access to very distracting and addictive games.  

I'm going to put on my "I know exactly what I'm doing" act, like I used to do when I worked as an engineer, and hopefully nobody will call my bluff. It'll be fun. 

Worst case, I'll be frustrated and exasperated, and then won't be offered the math teaching job.  I really like my current job as a teaching assistant, so even worst case isn't so bad.  

5 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

Can anyone answer this?

Open carry (of weapons) seems to be the Republican equivalent of gay pride, but surely this is just an invitation for someone to relieve the carrier of the weapon?

They're typically thinking about their shopping so low situational awareness and mostly so unfit that if there is a struggle for the weapon, they'd lose.

image.png

origin.jpg

Wow, didn't know its allowed to carry big guns like that, I thought only smaller hand guns. But Yeah I agree seems really easy to snatch in each situation. Maybe concealed carry is better because no stealing and smaller weapons on the carriers. 

• Forum Administrators
3 hours ago, Guest May26 said:

Wow, didn't know its allowed to carry big guns like that, I thought only smaller hand guns. But Yeah I agree seems really easy to snatch in each situation. Maybe concealed carry is better because no stealing and smaller weapons on the carriers. 

People who carry their gun openly like that will definitely be a target of thieves. 

• Forum Administrators
On 5/26/2022 at 5:32 AM, notme said:

Worst case, I'll be frustrated and exasperated, and then won't be offered the math teaching job.  I really like my current job as a teaching assistant, so even worst case isn't so bad.  

What happened? 

• Advanced Member
On 5/26/2022 at 12:09 PM, Haji 2003 said:

Can anyone answer this?

image.png

origin.jpg

Salam 

where is good old west which these Jokers with beach pants  have turned it into a parody

image.jpeg.db2a9b135bc3a231021c531b5e2f401e.jpeg  These Photos Show What Life Was Really Like In The Wild West - It's Rosy

Real men & women are going to shop