Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Do Shias and Iran support NOI and Music Industry (Rap Music)?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Im   asking this because Iran Supports the African American community. The NOI has some relation to Iran nd it supports thre cause. The NOI also supports the hip hop   music industry. So does that mean Iran supports the rap industry because NOI and African Americans support it.Even though music is haram? Do Shias support them?  

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
On 1/6/2022 at 3:08 AM, Lion of Shia said:

Im   asking this because Iran Supports the African American community. The NOI has some relation to Iran nd it supports thre cause. The NOI also supports the hip hop   music industry. So does that mean Iran supports the rap industry because NOI and African Americans support it.Even though music is haram? Do Shias support them?  

Salam Iran supports NOI fighting with injustice  against  black people but on the other hand doesdoesn't  support other aspects  of it likewise  their deviation about black  supermacy & any type  hateful music against  any race which if rap music is fighting  for injustice  then it has no problem  but on the other hateful & entertainment  aspects  of it is Haram.

• Moderators
On 1/5/2022 at 6:38 PM, Lion of Shia said:

The NOI is a business masquerading as a religion. It is a 'hustle' as they say in America. The rap music industry is also a business, their business is making money and misguiding people in the process. Most of the sincere African Americans who want to follow a religion based on truth have left the NOI a long time ago and have become Muslim(mostly Sunni because they are the ones who do Dawa and Tabliq inside the US, almost exclusively. A sad reality).

Just so you know, and alot of people who live outside the US don't know this, any penny or cent that comes in to the US and can be tied to the Iranian Govt, the IRGC, etc, will come to the attention of the FBI, because they look at all financial transactions they deem 'suspicious'. Once it comes to their attention, all those involved in the transaction will be in prison, or they will be forced to flee the country, or if they are outside the country, they will be 'flagged' so that they will never be allowed to enter the country legally. They look at any money potential going to Iran or coming from Iran via the US banking system. So the bottom line is that it would be pretty much impossible for Iran, even if they wanted to which I don't think they want to, to support any industries going on inside the US. Again, I also don't think they have any interest in supporting either the NOI or the rap music industry, as this music is haram, according to most Shia Ulema. 

When I say 'rap music', I know that this is a broad category of music, and whether it is haram or not depends on the ruling of your marjaa. At the same time, most marjaa (basically all that I know of) say that any music which is almost exclusively used for dancing, mixed dancing between men and women and is played at immoral gatherings, and / or mentions in a way that promotes them, things that are against the religion is haram to listen to. This describes almost all rap music, although maybe there are a few songs which don't fall into either of these categories, I am leaving open that possibility because I don't listen to rap music for the above reason. 

Edited by Abu Hadi