Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Urine and taharat

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Salam.  If my bathtub or let's saying something like a bucket is made najis by urine. How many times is it necessary to wash with kurr water?  Also is it necessary to remove the urine first or no if by using the kurr water the urine gets removed in the process of the washing therefore it's only necessary once?  
Please give me the answers of Sayyid Sistani and/or Ayatollah Makarem Shirazi 

And also if I just fill them with kurr water is this enough to get rid of the najasah?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Salam if taste or color of Kurr water doesn't  change during washing then washing once is enough .

You can ask more from @Muhammad A-H

https://makarem.ir/main.aspx?lid=0&typeinfo=21&catid=44766

https://www.sistani.org/persian/book/25103/4004/

• Advanced Member
On 1/3/2022 at 1:52 PM, Abbas Hakim said:

Salam.  If my bathtub or let's saying something like a bucket is made najis by urine. How many times is it necessary to wash with kurr water?  Also is it necessary to remove the urine first or no if by using the kurr water the urine gets removed in the process of the washing therefore it's only necessary once?  
Please give me the answers of Sayyid Sistani and/or Ayatollah Makarem Shirazi 

And also if I just fill them with kurr water is this enough to get rid of the najasah?

Salam,

Firstly, the urine needs to be removed before or during washing (for example, by becoming absorbed in the kurr water such that no trace remains). 

Then, the kurr water must reach all the najis areas without changing in colour, taste or smell. If you reasonably doubt whether or not it changed in any of those characteristics, then you consider that the kurr water has not changed.

According to Al-Sayyid Al-Sistani, the container needs to be washed three times with kurr water upon obligatory precaution, which means that you can either follow the precaution or refer to the fatwa of the next most qualified marja.

Al-Sayyid Al-Sistani also says it is not necessary to separate the kurr water from the najis areas (i.e., by emptying the container) after the final wash.

If, however, the container has an open drain or something similar, such that the container cannot hold liquids, then such a container only needs to be washed once, even with qalil water in accordance with the conditions of washing with qalil water (even if urine touched the object according to Al-Sayyid Al-Sistani) because such a container does not fall under the Islamic definition of containers/utensils according to Al-Sayyid Al-Sistani:

مسألة 494: يعتبر في صدق الآنية على الظرف أن يكون مظروفه ممّا يوضع فيه ويرفع عنه بحسب العادة، فلا تصدق على إطار المرآة ونحوه ممّا يكون مظروفه ثابتاً فيه، كما يعتبر أن يكون محرزاً للمأكول والمشروب بأن يكون له أسفل وحواشٍ تُمْسِك ما يوضع فيه منهما، فلا تصدق الآنية على القناديل المشبّكة والأطباق المستوية ونحوهما.

https://www.sistani.org/arabic/book/23720/4620/

According to Sheikh Makarem Al-Shirazi, washing the container once with kurr water is sufficient (even if urine touched it), although three times is better, but afterwards, from what I understand, the used water must be separated from the najis areas by emptying the container or through other means.

(المسألة 170): يجب غسل الإناء المتنجّس بالماء القليل ثلاث مرّات ولکن يکفي تطهيره في الکرّ أو الجاري مرّة واحدة، وان کان ثلاث مرّات أفضل، ومياه الأنابيب في حکم الجاري.

(المسألة 180): إذا غسل الشيء المتنجّس في الکرّ أو الماء الجاري أو بماء الأنابيب حتّى زوال النجاسة، أو غمس في الکرّ أو الجاري بعد إزالة عين النجاسة مرّة واحدة طهر، ولکن يجب عصر الفراش واللباس وما شابه ذلک حتّى ينفصل عنه الماء.

(المسألة 181): لتطهير الشيء المتنجّس بالبول يکفي غسله مرّتين بالماء القليل أو مرّة واحدة في الکرّ أو الجاري أو بماء الأنابيب، ولکن المتنجّس بغير البول يکفي غسله مرّة واحدة بالقليل أو في الکرّ.

https://makarem.ir/main.aspx?lid=2&view=1&typeinfo=30

Edited by Muhammad A-H