Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

How long does it take you guys too....

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Wudhu is around 30-60 seconds, ghusl under shower is around 10 minutes (I like to take my time) but manually using a glass of water is around 5 minutes. If I dive under water ghusl would take 10 seconds.

• Advanced Member

Salamu Alaikum,

Wudhu takes like 2 minutes. Ghusl used to take me a long time, but I got better at it and now it takes like 4 minutes or 3 minutes. A big part of why ghusl takes so long is because we listen to the shaitan when he puts doubt in our minds if we missed a spot. Your entire body gets wet from just standing in the shower normally, why do we think we didn't properly get a spot when we're deliberately aiming for it?

I need to install a jacuzzi for 10 second ghusls....

• Advanced Member

Wudhu: probably around 1 min.

Ghusl: 

I used to take long too, but now, just the ghusl time (excluding normal shower time) for me is about 3-7 minutes. 

I still feel I take up too much time and water in the shower so am still working on reducing it.

Btw, I pretty much asked this question to the office of Ayatollah Sistani a few years back and got this answer: 

In the Name of God, the Most High

1.     It should not take you more than 10 minutes. One can perform ghusl in just 3 minutes or even less.

2.     If you make water reach your head and neck and then your body, it would suffice.  It is not necessary to use soap or shampoo to perform an obligatory ghusl.

3.     One can use a jug of water to make his body wet because it is not necessary to make the water flow off the body.

May Allah grant you success.

Edited by AStruggler

• Advanced Member

Found these ahadith from Thaqalayn.org 's al Kafi Book of Taharat Vol 3 super interesting:

1. Ali ibn Ibrahim has narrated from Muhammad ibn ‘Isa from Yunus from al-‘Ala’ from Muhammad ibn Muslim who has said the following: “Abu Ja‘far, ‘Alayhi al-Salam, has said, ‘One of you in order to rub oil on his body covers his whole body with an amount of oil on his palm. Water, however, is more plentiful than this.”

Grading: 

Allamah Baqir al-Majlisi: صحيح - Mir‘at al ‘Uqul Fi Sharh Akhbar Al al Rasul (13/66)

2. Ali ibn Ibrahim has narrated from his father and Muhammad ibn ’Isma‘il from al-Fadl ibn Shadhan from Hammad from Hariz from Zurarah and Muhammad ibn Muslim who has said the following: “Abu Ja‘far, ‘Alayhi al-Salam, has said, ‘Wudu’ is one of the boundaries Allah has established so that He finds out who obeys or disobeys Him. The believing people do not allow it (their body) to remain unclean. It is sufficient to use a small amount of water like rubbing oil on one’s body.’”

Grading: 

Allamah Baqir al-Majlisi: حسن كالصحيح - Mir‘at al ‘Uqul Fi Sharh Akhbar Al al Rasul (13/67)

3. A number of our people have narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad and abu Dawud all from al-Husayn ibn Sa‘id from Fadalah ibn Dawud ibn Farqad who has said the following: “I once heard abu ‘Abd Allah, ‘Alayhi al-Salam, say, ‘My father would say, “Wudu has certain limits. If one trespasses such limits, he will not receive any reward.” My father would also say, “(Certain people) only make it perplexed.’” A man then asked, ‘What then are the limits of Wudu’?’ He (the Imam) said, ‘Wash your face and hands and wipe your head and feet.’”

Grading: 

Allamah Baqir al-Majlisi: صحيح - Mir‘at al ‘Uqul Fi Sharh Akhbar Al al Rasul (3/67)

5. Muhammad ibn Yahya has narrated from Muhammad ibn al-Husayn, from Safwan, from ‘Ala’ ibn Razin, from Muhammad ibn Muslim who has said the following: “I once asked abu ‘Abd Allah or abu Ja‘far, ‘Alayhim al-Salam, about how much water is needed for Ghusl (bath) because of sexual relations. He (the Imam) said, ‘The Messenger of Allah would use five handfuls of water, share it with his partner, and both of them would take Ghusl (bath) from the same water container.’”

Grading: 

Allamah Baqir al-Majlisi: صحيح - Mir‘at al ‘Uqul Fi Sharh Akhbar Al al Rasul (13/68)

7. A number of our people have narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad from al-Husayn ibn Sa‘id from Fadalah ibn Ayyub from Jamil from Zurarah who has said the following: “Abu Ja‘far, ‘Alayhi al-Salam, has said, ‘It is sufficient for Wudu’ to allow water to touch your skin (of the parts to be washed for Wudu’).”’

Grading: 

Allamah Baqir al-Majlisi: صحيح - Mir‘at al ‘Uqul Fi Sharh Akhbar Al al Rasul (13/68)

9. Ali ibn Muhammad and others have narrated from Sahl ibn Ziyad from Muhammad ibn al-Hassan ibn Shammun from Hammad ibn ‘Isa from Hariz who has said the following: “Abu ‘Abd Allah, ‘Alayhi al-Salam, has said, ‘Allah has an angel who writes down one’s acting excessively or transgressing limits.’”

Grading: 

Allamah Baqir al-Majlisi: سكت عنه - Mir‘at al ‘Uqul Fi Sharh Akhbar Al al Rasul (3/69)

Edited by AStruggler

• Advanced Member

This is also another very fascinating hadith (Al Kafi Book of Taharah)

15. A number of our people have narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad from al-Husayn ibn Sa‘id from Fadalah from ‘Abd Allah ibn Sinan who has said the following: “Abu ‘Abd Allah, ‘Alayhi al-Salam, has said, ‘Once my father took Ghusl (bath) because of sexual relation. Someone said to him that water has not reached to a spot on his back. He said, “It was not necessary for you to inform me. (I wish) you sought to have remained quiet.” He then wiped that spot with his hand.’”

Grading: 

Allamah Baqir al-Majlisi: صحيح - Mir‘at al ‘Uqul Fi Sharh Akhbar Al al Rasul (3/138)