In the Name of God بسم الله

I am lonely..

Rate this topic

Hassan01

• Advanced Member

Hi Brother,

I think there is a lot of us that are in the same or similar positions (May God Help us All). I have plenty of Qada and fasting days to do. It's something the elder of community should try to investigate, to discuss, to determine what can be done.

We're being tested. God want to see what we do when we are struggling. God wants us to turn to him during our difficulties and be patients. Be grateful to him at all times including when we are suffering and our prayers not being answered. This what we should do.

Having said, there are times where its hard for us because we haven't been trained how to cope with difficulties or its become too much for us so we end up sinning sometimes. So when we do so, we should still continue fighting back and doing our best to complete our repentance. Do Not Give up on God's mercy regardless of your situation, seek his guidance to help you save yourself from self destruction.

I think its important perhaps to read the stories of the prophets which perhaps may cause us to strengthen our faith.

Hang in brother.

• Advanced Member
16 hours ago, guest 2025 said:

Salam,

I don't know what to say brother except that we're here with you together in this problem. I hope to see Imam Mahdi's (s.a) government where marriage will be as simple as getting a withdrawal from the bank.

Here's how I like to see patience, it helps me cope better:

I am stranded on this island and I desperately seek Allah's help. I want Him to save me and rescue me. But because I trust in Him, I know that already, from right now, He has already sent out the rescue ship that will save me. It is on its way towards me and every day it gets closer. Every day I know that the ship, my rescue ship, has moved closer to me. Realizing that my rescue ship is out there making its way towards me makes it more possible to practice patience. Who knows how far it is, 100000 or 2 miles. 27 months away or 2 weeks away. But it's there and it's coming. And my actions don't affect the ship. Acting like a prophet won't make it go faster, and doing evil won't make it go slower. The fate is fixed.

Today was a hard day, but at least my rescue ship got closer to me.

Insh’Allah you will meet the Imam of the Zaman ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)). Beautiful way of thinking, it inspires me. You are in my prayers.

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, Meedy said:

Hi Brother,

I think there is a lot of us that are in the same or similar positions (May God Help us All). I have plenty of Qada and fasting days to do. It's something the elder of community should try to investigate, to discuss, to determine what can be done.

We're being tested. God want to see what we do when we are struggling. God wants us to turn to him during our difficulties and be patients. Be grateful to him at all times including when we are suffering and our prayers not being answered. This what we should do.

Having said, there are times where its hard for us because we haven't been trained how to cope with difficulties or its become too much for us so we end up sinning sometimes. So when we do so, we should still continue fighting back and doing our best to complete our repentance. Do Not Give up on God's mercy regardless of your situation, seek his guidance to help you save yourself from self destruction.

I think its important perhaps to read the stories of the prophets which perhaps may cause us to strengthen our faith.

Hang in brother.

Salam, 

yes you are right. I always tell myself Allah is testing me and I have to be patient and grateful. I’m just really tired of drinking from the same cup everyday, cup of loneliness, depression, regrets, anxiety, bad habits, and many bad energies I’m struggling with. But hey, if God tested to closest ones to Him, why not me? I guess the answer, every single being is fighting battles, because this is this dunya. Life is not here, The Life isn’t a place where bad energies belong to. All of you brothers and sisters are in my prayers. Allah knows what followers of truth feel, to be in a world of illusion and having many enemies, it makes you lonely. The taste of life is so bitter, it feels like drowning in an ocean of emotions. But I gotta appreciate the small things that I take for granted. Easier said than done, but alhamdouliah while I’m remembering them. But do you have any suggestions for perfecting the soul while living in the west? It feels hard and I feel like the closer I want to be to Allah, more lonely I become why? This society kills something I’m trying to found out what it is.

• Advanced Member
14 hours ago, Hassan01 said:

But do you have any suggestions for perfecting the soul while living in the west? It feels hard and I feel like the closer I want to be to Allah, more lonely I become why? This society kills something I’m trying to found out what it is.

I will provide a respond tomorrow or the next day, I apologize for the delay

• Advanced Member
On 12/22/2021 at 2:55 AM, Hassan01 said:

I doubt my deen. I'm tired and lonely, I'm living in darkness of this world.

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and feelings.  I can sence a real desire to find meaning and hope in life.  Each person faces struggles and yours are real and painful.

On 12/22/2021 at 4:12 AM, guest 2025 said:

He has already sent out the rescue ship that will save me. It is on its way towards me and every day it gets closer.

I find what guest2025 has shared helpful but also unsatisfying.  When I face the challenges you talk about, I want help now, not at some unknown time in the future.

I love the picture of a rescue ship.  I want to say that in my experience and it can be true for you too, the rescue ship is there now at your side.  Call out and reach for the life saver who has jumped into the surging seas to rescue you. 

I believe the story of Christmas - Jesus the Messiah coming to earth is the account of God jumping into the sea of our doubt and darkness to rescue us from death and despair.

God doesn't want you to feal alone and a stranger.  He knows your heart's desire to get closer to him.  God invites you into his family as an honoured son.  He longs to wrap you in his arms and give you a cloak of meaning and honour, to sit with you and bring his peace, hope and joy.

Jesus the Messiah is recorded in the Trustworth Injil as saying  (Revelation chapter 3)

20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

• Advanced Member
On 12/22/2021 at 7:12 AM, guest 2025 said:

Here's how I like to see patience, it helps me cope better:

I am stranded on this island and I desperately seek Allah's help. I want Him to save me and rescue me. But because I trust in Him, I know that already, from right now, He has already sent out the rescue ship that will save me. It is on its way towards me and every day it gets closer. Every day I know that the ship, my rescue ship, has moved closer to me. Realizing that my rescue ship is out there making its way towards me makes it more possible to practice patience. Who knows how far it is, 100000 or 2 miles. 27 months away or 2 weeks away. But it's there and it's coming. And my actions don't affect the ship. Acting like a prophet won't make it go faster, and doing evil won't make it go slower. The fate is fixed.

Today was a hard day, but at least my rescue ship got closer to me.

:cry:

Alhamdulillah that my rescue ship is getting closer.

• Advanced Member
On 12/23/2021 at 7:53 AM, Hassan01 said:

. But do you have any suggestions for perfecting the soul while living in the west? It feels hard and I feel like the closer I want to be to Allah, more lonely I become why? This society kills something I’m trying to found out what it is.

It's hard to find someone in the west to talk about Religion or our desires to become closer to God for many reasons (e.g. many have negatives views of religion or don't want to talk about it). Therefore its very easy to fall into depression. What do you do during your spare time ?

I think you need to find a hobby or an interest to keep your head occupied or to keep you going. We all wanna do things to gets us to become closer to God.

However during spare times, perhaps having a hobby like having parrots, gardening, video games or other hobby/interest that you do makes you feel enjoyed. Its okay to have things to do that makes busy or brings joy to us (obviously appropriate interests)

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, Meedy said:

It's hard to find someone in the west to talk about Religion or our desires to become closer to God for many reasons (e.g. many have negatives views of religion or don't want to talk about it). Therefore its very easy to fall into depression. What do you do during your spare time ?

I think you need to find a hobby or an interest to keep your head occupied or to keep you going. We all wanna do things to gets us to become closer to God.

However during spare times, perhaps having a hobby like having parrots, gardening, video games or other hobby/interest that you do makes you feel enjoyed. Its okay to have things to do that makes busy or brings joy to us (obviously appropriate interests)

Thank you may Allah bless you, I do want to talk about religion, it’s something that I love talking about. It’s a topic that’s always in my mind. But because of many trials I’m going through, it’s making things complicated. I’m mentally suffering and maybe I do have OCD, it’s things I’m constantly trying to avoid, but these days they got more intense and I’m legit always crying, wanting to sleep and be like this forever. But sometimes I do find comfort, when I try to control my mind the way it should be. It’s a difficult battle. All my prayers to the ones who are going through the same situation as me, it’s very unpleasant. You legit feel the worst human being to be alive and it’s worse if you are alone and in the west. Well hobbies, I don’t really do anything anymore, the fact my mind is always stuck with specific toxic ideas, suffering because of them, even if I wanted to do something, I’ll stop because it would disturb me while doing whatever I’d be doing, you could legit not imagine me in class. Very silent, but yeah. Btw I keep reading for example in prayers or dhikr to keep concentrating on Allah, but how do you think well of Him? I mean we can’t see Him, neither touch or anything, He’s infinite. What is meant by thinking of Him, because whenever I try there are bad images that pops in my head, I try to remove them, I feel like a mushrik. I need mental advices if it’s possible. What do you think during salah let’s say?

• Advanced Member

I know what your going through.  I wake up everyday so sick of living in the west where the people don’t want to talk about religion and international politics.  I just got done with lunch and all the topics were my Jewish relatives talking about rich people and how devastating covid is.  At least tonight I got an invite from my brother’s girlfriend to a church.  I hope to talk to the pastor and debate Shia Islam with him.  The excitement of being a Shia now a days…Your in my prayers.

• Advanced Member
34 minutes ago, Andrew Israel said:

I know what your going through.  I wake up everyday so sick of living in the west where the people don’t want to talk about religion and international politics.  I just got done with lunch and all the topics were my Jewish relatives talking about rich people and how devastating covid is.  At least tonight I got an invite from my brother’s girlfriend to a church.  I hope to talk to the pastor and debate Shia Islam with him.  The excitement of being a Shia now a days…Your in my prayers.

That’s very nice to hear this, may Allah bless you with the best mash’Allah and ease your affairs. You are in my prayers too brother.

Read the verse that will help you in preach truth to others, say the things that Allah will want you to say:

رَبِّ اشْرَحْ لِي صَدْرِي وَيَسِّرْ لِي أَمْرِي وَاحْلُلْ عُقْدَةً مِّن لِّسَانِي يَفْقَهُوا قَوْلِي 
Translation
"O my Lord! Widen for me my bossom (grant me self-confidence, contentment, and boldness); And ease my task for me; And make loose the knot (i.e. the defect restricting speech) from my tongue; So they may understand what I say"

• Forum Administrators
On 12/22/2021 at 2:55 AM, Hassan01 said:

I keep saying things to control my mind, but because of my lack of self esteem, I doubt my deen. I'm tired and lonely, I'm living in darkness of this world. I want to meet someone and love them, marry them, build my life with them, but I don't know. living in the west is hard. I have no body to talk to. I thought about seeing a psychologist, but it cost a lot for each session so yeah.

You need to take small steps and sense achievement in each one. Each prayer said on time is more than many people will manage.

Friendships, acquaintances and associations vary in terms of who they are with and what you get out of them. It's perfectly possible to engage in dialogues with kindred spirits on any topic of interest to you on the internet. Sharing information, ideas and expertise with others can be very fulfilling.

Volunteering can be a means of developing links with real people, that also raises self-esteem and helps in the akhira.

Turn the focus of your attention outward - what can you do to help others?

Salam alykom brother 

I know how it feels, I started practicing religion a year and a half ago and it has been the most difficult yet rewarding time of my life and I’m forever grateful to Allah for it, and Im not talking just about the rewards (mental, physical, financial state) Im talking about the struggles I went through, without those struggles I would have never been here and I continue to struggle, but I have more strength and hope now which makes everything easier

When I was struggling hard with my especially with Waswas, I used to come here on this site to get help because I felt the same, who do I talk to, then I came across what this amazing brother said and it helped me out alot, I saved what he said and everything those thoughts came back I’d read it, this is what he wrote:

These things happen. Stopping watching entertainment doesn't do any benefit except listening to music. 

But remember thoughts are thoughts. If you have sexual thoughts about Holy Figures, Have thoughts cursing Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). Realize the first thing is they are just passing thoughts. They don't come from you. They come from your brain chemistry. The lack of serotonin in your brain causes these thoughts in your mind. They attack the things you hold dear. They will tell you you're a mushrik, Show you dead images of your loved ones and upset you in every way. Then you develop rituals to combat them. 

And that is how you stay an OCD patient for life. The first thing to realize is that it's a biological and psychological disease. Educate yourself on the realization that yes these things do upset me but at the end of the day I have the right to decide what upsets me and what does not. I have the right to allow something to affect me. A stimulus is just a stimulus in an environment but RESPONDING to a stimulus is a choice by the organism. Whatever thoughts and images you get in your mind whilst praying and doing wudhu. Keep going in your task no matter how loud the noise of the thoughts get. Your path to Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) cannot be stopped unless you stop it yourself. If you forget what wudhu step or prayer step you've done, then keep a small notepad or make a recording of your voice where you are talking loudly in prayer or saying wudhu steps. Acknowledging a sickness as a sickness is the first step of recovery. In OCD acknowledgement does not mean just knowing you have OCD. It means separating yourself from your disease.

Instead of doing rituals to combat thoughts. Challenge your thoughts in your mind. For example:

You said:   "used to pray 5x a day and still do but get awful thoughts about Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)" -> The first step is not avoiding these thoughts. If you get thoughts cursing Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and it upsets you. Challenge them by saying "Oh it's not from me. Must be the devils playing around me again. Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) knows whats in my heart and soul. He(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) wouldn't want me to be bothered by such things because my faith is strong and no secret of mine is hidden from Him(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). I'm a good Shi'a Muslim. My sickness doesn't stop me from being one. Let these thoughts come and go. They have no power over me nor my opinion of God((سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَى))"

You said "I pray to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) every single day and I know it’s a test but I also know it isn’t magically going to go away. " -> If you got stabbed with a knife. Would you just pray for the knife to go away from your stomach or would you go to an ER? The same with psychological diseases. Therapy and Medication are for the mind what Painkillers+Surgeries is for the body. You can pray to Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to aid in your recovery but you cannot sit idle and let the blade be lodged inside you. Take steps to pull it out by doing the things I told you to do. If only prayers helped in medical recoveries then no Muslim worldwide would have hospital bills or insurance.

When I prayed, I'd get images of Hindu Idols with thoughts telling me I'm making Sajda to them instead of Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). It bothered me for a bit where I'd decide to end prayer right then. But then I kept going. No matter what happened, I kept going and going because I have the choice of reaction to it. Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) knows me, Knows every thought and every secret in my heart. If I know that, then why should I doubt anything? It's nonsense.

Also, try getting prescribed medication which will help you like Zoloft but first get diagnosed by a therapist so they can judge you. Then prescribe you if they decide to. Don't medicate yourself.

Hopefully I was of some help having a background with this and supporting many individuals who have OCD who have gotten better through these steps.

As for loneliness and wanting to meet someone, I think is an absolute great idea, you should definitely keep seeking it and try to find someone to help you.

Try to also get closer to our Imam (ajtfs) and explain your problems to him, I read something where it said when we speak and obviously we hear ourselves first, it reaches our Imam (ajtfs)’s ear way before it reaches our ear and he loves us 100x more than our own mothers. If he was here, no human being would have any sort of problems in the world including yours

Youre in my prayers

jazakallah khair

Guest ra‘inā

your post is relatable in terms of the psychological oppression and general discontent from others that many faithful face in the west. it is interesting how degraded the quality of basic value interactions has been and how most people using vices as coping mechanisms can identify and reject people who fight against those who chose the alternative -- to struggle, not for a sense of moral indignation, not because we fancy ourselves want-to-be martyrs but because we value and respect life as we have been taught throughout passage and experience.

Oftentimes if your "human experience" is not exploitable, you are rejected from validity and participation in social situations.. If you do feel however that this has affected your ability to reason your life or has placed you in a depressive state, counseling may not be a bad option. Just be careful who you trust. Western medicine tends to abuse prescription medications and justify it with a patient's  "inability to cope with reality"

I read a lot and pray privately. Also recitation of the 99 names is really helpful. It reminds me of all the forms in which we overcome our worldy struggles through spiritual adversity.

Its really difficult to overcome such social circumstances when western culture is so exploitatively accepting of almost anything and everything but the truth.

From what I've read in passages and experienced in life, coping with the social ubiquitous dichotomy requires a lot of inner work. self care and working for social good, while accepting that most times people will not act with decency or truth but somewhere along the difficult path, we will find each other. If we really do believe in the mission, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will bring us together to face this enmity in a spiritually elevated and just manner.

Remember that loneliness is a human condition. We have the power to surround ourselves or immersive ourselves in whatever we choose. What spiritually elevated choices will we make? If you try to focus on making it a sport or game in a positive frame of mind, I believe good things and happiness will follow. Sending Prophetic ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) vibes your way

• Advanced Member
On 12/25/2021 at 1:26 AM, Guest Ali said:

Salam alykom brother 

I know how it feels, I started practicing religion a year and a half ago and it has been the most difficult yet rewarding time of my life and I’m forever grateful to Allah for it, and Im not talking just about the rewards (mental, physical, financial state) Im talking about the struggles I went through, without those struggles I would have never been here and I continue to struggle, but I have more strength and hope now which makes everything easier

When I was struggling hard with my especially with Waswas, I used to come here on this site to get help because I felt the same, who do I talk to, then I came across what this amazing brother said and it helped me out alot, I saved what he said and everything those thoughts came back I’d read it, this is what he wrote:

These things happen. Stopping watching entertainment doesn't do any benefit except listening to music. 

But remember thoughts are thoughts. If you have sexual thoughts about Holy Figures, Have thoughts cursing Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). Realize the first thing is they are just passing thoughts. They don't come from you. They come from your brain chemistry. The lack of serotonin in your brain causes these thoughts in your mind. They attack the things you hold dear. They will tell you you're a mushrik, Show you dead images of your loved ones and upset you in every way. Then you develop rituals to combat them. 

And that is how you stay an OCD patient for life. The first thing to realize is that it's a biological and psychological disease. Educate yourself on the realization that yes these things do upset me but at the end of the day I have the right to decide what upsets me and what does not. I have the right to allow something to affect me. A stimulus is just a stimulus in an environment but RESPONDING to a stimulus is a choice by the organism. Whatever thoughts and images you get in your mind whilst praying and doing wudhu. Keep going in your task no matter how loud the noise of the thoughts get. Your path to Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) cannot be stopped unless you stop it yourself. If you forget what wudhu step or prayer step you've done, then keep a small notepad or make a recording of your voice where you are talking loudly in prayer or saying wudhu steps. Acknowledging a sickness as a sickness is the first step of recovery. In OCD acknowledgement does not mean just knowing you have OCD. It means separating yourself from your disease.

Instead of doing rituals to combat thoughts. Challenge your thoughts in your mind. For example:

You said:   "used to pray 5x a day and still do but get awful thoughts about Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)" -> The first step is not avoiding these thoughts. If you get thoughts cursing Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and it upsets you. Challenge them by saying "Oh it's not from me. Must be the devils playing around me again. Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) knows whats in my heart and soul. He(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) wouldn't want me to be bothered by such things because my faith is strong and no secret of mine is hidden from Him(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). I'm a good Shi'a Muslim. My sickness doesn't stop me from being one. Let these thoughts come and go. They have no power over me nor my opinion of God((سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَى))"

You said "I pray to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) every single day and I know it’s a test but I also know it isn’t magically going to go away. " -> If you got stabbed with a knife. Would you just pray for the knife to go away from your stomach or would you go to an ER? The same with psychological diseases. Therapy and Medication are for the mind what Painkillers+Surgeries is for the body. You can pray to Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to aid in your recovery but you cannot sit idle and let the blade be lodged inside you. Take steps to pull it out by doing the things I told you to do. If only prayers helped in medical recoveries then no Muslim worldwide would have hospital bills or insurance.

When I prayed, I'd get images of Hindu Idols with thoughts telling me I'm making Sajda to them instead of Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). It bothered me for a bit where I'd decide to end prayer right then. But then I kept going. No matter what happened, I kept going and going because I have the choice of reaction to it. Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) knows me, Knows every thought and every secret in my heart. If I know that, then why should I doubt anything? It's nonsense.

Also, try getting prescribed medication which will help you like Zoloft but first get diagnosed by a therapist so they can judge you. Then prescribe you if they decide to. Don't medicate yourself.

Hopefully I was of some help having a background with this and supporting many individuals who have OCD who have gotten better through these steps.

As for loneliness and wanting to meet someone, I think is an absolute great idea, you should definitely keep seeking it and try to find someone to help you.

Try to also get closer to our Imam (ajtfs) and explain your problems to him, I read something where it said when we speak and obviously we hear ourselves first, it reaches our Imam (ajtfs)’s ear way before it reaches our ear and he loves us 100x more than our own mothers. If he was here, no human being would have any sort of problems in the world including yours

Youre in my prayers

jazakallah khair

Salam,

Thank you for sharing inspiring words. Insh’Allah I will work with it. It’s not easy. But I do believe Allah azwj will help me and all the believers who are going through those situations. Jazak’Allah kheir

• Advanced Member
On 12/25/2021 at 7:25 AM, Guest ra‘inā said:

your post is relatable in terms of the psychological oppression and general discontent from others that many faithful face in the west. it is interesting how degraded the quality of basic value interactions has been and how most people using vices as coping mechanisms can identify and reject people who fight against those who chose the alternative -- to struggle, not for a sense of moral indignation, not because we fancy ourselves want-to-be martyrs but because we value and respect life as we have been taught throughout passage and experience.

Oftentimes if your "human experience" is not exploitable, you are rejected from validity and participation in social situations.. If you do feel however that this has affected your ability to reason your life or has placed you in a depressive state, counseling may not be a bad option. Just be careful who you trust. Western medicine tends to abuse prescription medications and justify it with a patient's  "inability to cope with reality"

I read a lot and pray privately. Also recitation of the 99 names is really helpful. It reminds me of all the forms in which we overcome our worldy struggles through spiritual adversity.

Its really difficult to overcome such social circumstances when western culture is so exploitatively accepting of almost anything and everything but the truth.

From what I've read in passages and experienced in life, coping with the social ubiquitous dichotomy requires a lot of inner work. self care and working for social good, while accepting that most times people will not act with decency or truth but somewhere along the difficult path, we will find each other. If we really do believe in the mission, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will bring us together to face this enmity in a spiritually elevated and just manner.

Remember that loneliness is a human condition. We have the power to surround ourselves or immersive ourselves in whatever we choose. What spiritually elevated choices will we make? If you try to focus on making it a sport or game in a positive frame of mind, I believe good things and happiness will follow. Sending Prophetic ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) vibes your way

Thank you, I do definitely relate my situation through your words. It isn’t easy honestly. To be surrounded by people and still feel like a stranger, it shows the lack of closeness in relationship, even the ones I consider them " close ". It’s really a feeling of loneliness. I hate it, you want to be close to someone, they offend you unintentionally just by being yourself. The judgment they have on you, the differences and indifferences makes you feel like you have no choice to isolate your inner self, chain them or suppress them, because no one understands you. I hate to isolate myself in my room for hours. There’s a toxic vibe to which I attach myself to the comfort zone. It’s a dream killer, but it’s like a bad friend who accepted you. I don’t want to be accepted, but just I want a real connection. Not to be treated as a another face in the crowd. Not be treated as someone they " know " who is this person is. I don’t also want to hang with " closes " ones who use you as a pillow to cry on their problems. To not even look up after you, not ask you " how are you?" with sincerity that is leaving the " you’re just a hanger with us. I don’t want to be accepted, I want real connection. I want people of quality, but I have to ask myself, am I also " that type " of person? I guess by realizing how I am with others, I could give an yes answer. But maybe I’m doing something that is leading to such type of relationship. I don’t know I guess I got to meditate upon that. 
Jazak’Allah Khair.

• Advanced Member
On 12/24/2021 at 6:47 PM, Hassan01 said:

Btw I keep reading for example in prayers or dhikr to keep concentrating on Allah, but how do you think well of Him? I mean we can’t see Him, neither touch or anything, He’s infinite. What is meant by thinking of Him, because whenever I try there are bad images that pops in my head, I try to remove them, I feel like a mushrik. I need mental advices if it’s possible. What do you think during salah let’s say?

HI there.  Yes God is infinite, but he has also revealed himself to us.  He has shown through his prophets that he is good, loving and kind.  As I grown in my relationship with God I experience more and more of his goodness.  As a follower of Jesus I rejoice that God didn't stay far away and abstract but that he came and showed himself to us in a way we can relate to through Jesus the Messiah.  When you read the Injil of Jesus the Messiah and find out about his words and actions, his teaching and miracles, and the way he helped the poor and marginalized you see how God wants to know us in the same way.

• Basic Members

Hey, I thought that I was the only one who’s going through this but hearing you saying it out loud make me feel my pain. It’s so hard to be honest here, working from home and being in my apartment all days alone is killing me and I feel so depressed most of the time but I’m sure that Allaah’s plan is bigger than us. 

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Zeebee said:

Hey, I thought that I was the only one who’s going through this but hearing you saying it out loud make me feel my pain. It’s so hard to be honest here, working from home and being in my apartment all days alone is killing me and I feel so depressed most of the time but I’m sure that Allaah’s plan is bigger than us. 

Salam, 

yes because I know there isn’t just me who’s going through that and I needed to reach out, knowing many feel this way. To be at least a voice of the voiceless, to show hope in all of us that Allah is The best planner, He is preparing something which is unbelievable. In dark times, I always remember the story of Imam Musa Al-Kadhim (عليه السلام) all the years he spent in prisons. His patience, his optimism, his obedience and no matter what he accepted whatever happened by being grateful.

You are all in my prayers. 

Edited by Hassan01