In the Name of God بسم الله

The Good Shepherd: Jesus Christ in Islam

Rate this topic

Qa'im

• Forum Administrators
On 12/14/2021 at 10:34 AM, Qa'im said:

I am humbled to announce the release of my new book, "The Good Shepherd: Jesus Christ in Islam". 

"The Good Shepherd" is a collection of sayings and stories of Jesus Christ from ancient Arabic sources, with Biblical cross-references. Rediscover the lost gospel in this retelling of the Greatest Story Ever Told. "The Good Shepherd" also includes an anthology of the Muslim Jesus from a diversity of Muslim, Christian, and Jewish authors. 

https://www.amazon.com/Good-Shepherd-Jesus-Christ-Islam/dp/B09NH641BQ/

Awesome! Thank you, Brother. We appreciate you!

• Forum Administrators
1 hour ago, Andrew Israel said:

Thank you for your excellent read.  I just finished it and look forward to spreading it to all my family and friends.

Thank you for your positive review! I would consider it a personal favour if you put your review on Amazon as well :)

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

@Qa'imThank you for pointing us to this book.

I am interested that this book has the title "The Good Shepherd: Jesus Christ in Islam". Maybe the choice of title came from the quote

“God did not raise a prophet until he made him a shepherd of sheep. Through that, He would teach him how to shepherd the people.”

also the words attributed to God

O Jesus! Shepherd the night in search of My felicity, and glorify Me in your day for your needs from Me.

There is no other reference to Jesus being a shepherd let alone a good shepherd

However the idea of Jesus being The Good Shepherd is very clearly declared in the Trustworthy Injil.  John faithfully recounts the Words of Jesus the Messiah

John chapter 10 11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

John chapter 10 14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep."

It is interesting to note that both of these statements of Jesus the Messiah emphasise the fact that he knew he was going to be crucified and saw this as the ultimate sign of being The Good Shepherd.  An action which would bring victory and trumumph over death, the devil and hell.  It is interesting that in the commentry on Qur'an 4:157-158 the book states that "It is arguable that the Quranic motif is one of triumph."

Yes and so is the Injil's perspective on the Good Shepherd.  He is a Trumphant deliverer and rescuer of people who are lost and far from God.  See this teaching of Jesus the Messiah in Luke chapter 15

Then Jesus told them this parable: “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.

• Advanced Member

I wonder as I think of The Good Shepherd - Is God the Good Shepherd?  See these statements of God's words declared by prophets in the Hebrew Scriptures

The prophet David Psalm 23:1-4 The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.  He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,  he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.

The prophet Isaiah 40:11 He [God] tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.

The prophet Jeremiah 31:10  "Hear the word of the LORD, you nations; proclaim it in distant coastlands: 'He [God] who scattered Israel will gather them and will watch over his flock like a shepherd.'

The prophet Ezekiel 34:16  I [God] will search for the lost and bring back the strays. I will bind up the injured and strengthen the weak, but the sleek and the strong I will destroy. I will shepherd the flock with justice.

• 6 months later...
  • Advanced Member
On 9/1/2022 at 7:03 AM, Thomas R said:

Have their ever been any Muslims who liked the Apostle Paul?

hi only shia muslims have opposed him which Sunni muslims have no objection or hate toward him .

• Forum Administrators
On 9/3/2022 at 4:31 AM, Ashvazdanghe said:

hi only shia muslims have opposed him which Sunni muslims have no objection or hate toward him .

Ibn Taymiyya (14th century) and modern Sunni debaters have opposed Paul. However, Ibn Ishaq, Tabari, Qurtubi, Baghawi, Ibn al-Jawzi, Ibn Asakir, Ibn Kathir, and others have recorded positive things on Paul. It seems to me that the earliest negative views on Paul are from the Shi`i tradition, via Kamil al-Ziyarat, Tafsir al-Qummi, and Thawab al-A`maal (~10th century).

• Advanced Member
On 9/5/2022 at 5:35 PM, Qa'im said:

Ibn Taymiyya (14th century) and modern Sunni debaters have opposed Paul. However, Ibn Ishaq, Tabari, Qurtubi, Baghawi, Ibn al-Jawzi, Ibn Asakir, Ibn Kathir, and others have recorded positive things on Paul. It seems to me that the earliest negative views on Paul are from the Shi`i tradition, via Kamil al-Ziyarat, Tafsir al-Qummi, and Thawab al-A`maal (~10th century).

Ibn Taymiyya has opposed paul accoding to his anti shia doctrine which he has introduced Paul in similar fashion of Ibn Saba as two founders of Christanty & Rafidhism which in similar fashion praising Paul by others has been based on their anti Shia agenda which because in paul has received  negative views  in Shi`i tradition so therefore for opposing shias they have praised him.

Minhaajus-Sunnah volume 28 on page 483:
    quote:
"And the people of knowledge have mentioned that the beginning of the Rafdh (rejection) is from the Heretic (Zindeeq) 'Abdullaah bin Saba'; for he manifested Islaam and while he hid his Judaism and he sought to cause corruption in Islaam just like Paul the Christian, who was a Jew who caused corruption in the religion of the Christians."

Warning: Wahabi site

This is just like what Paul fabricated when he entered into the Religion of Christianity in order to corrupt the Religion of the Christians.5

Ash-Shahratain (d. 1153), a theologian of the Asharite school, echoes the above words of Ibn Taymiyyah by stating that:

Paul, however, disordered his affair, made himself (Peter’s) partner, altered the basis of his knowledge, and mixed it with the argument of the philosophers and the (evil) suggestion of his heart.6

Minhaajus-Sunnah (1/29) and he pointed out the earlier scholars who did this. It was declared hasan by al-Haafidh Ibn Hajar in Fath al-Bari(12/270).

Warning : another Wahabi site