Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Is my ghusl valid

Rate this topic

Hassanmuslim4321

• Basic Members

Asalam alaikum

I have doubts about whether my ghusl is valid. While cleaning my body I noticed some form of wound or pimple on my shoulder, I put some soap but didnt want to scrub to hard because I was worried it would bleed. During the shower I realised some of this wound had been removed so I sprayed some water on it and continued with the ghusl. This next day I saw even more of the wound seemed to have been removed. I feel like I should have taken more care to see if this wound could be dealt with better. Now I feel like the najasah spread on my body as I was rubbing my body during ghusl.

• Advanced Member

Wa Alaykum Al-Salam,

If blood clotted on the wound and become like skin, it is pure even if it is easy to remove although you should wash the blood clot to ensure that if there is any blood that is not like skin that it is removed, and then thereafter the wound should be washed to purify it.

مسألة 85: ما ينجمد على الجرح عند البرء ويصير كالجلد لا يجب رفعه وإن حصل البرء، ويجزئ غسل ظاهره وإن كان رفعه سهلاً.

https://www.sistani.org/arabic/book/23720/4782/

• Basic Members
4 minutes ago, Muhammad A-H said:

Wa Alaykum Al-Salam,

If blood clotted on the wound and become like skin, it is pure even if it is easy to remove although you should wash the blood clot to ensure that if there is any blood that is not like skin that it is removed, and then thereafter the wound should be washed to purify it.

مسألة 85: ما ينجمد على الجرح عند البرء ويصير كالجلد لا يجب رفعه وإن حصل البرء، ويجزئ غسل ظاهره وإن كان رفعه سهلاً.

https://www.sistani.org/arabic/book/23720/4782/

So in the scenario I described should I repeat my ghusl

• Advanced Member
On 12/14/2021 at 5:12 PM, Hassanmuslim4321 said:

So in the scenario I described should I repeat my ghusl

That is up to you to determine.

If the dry blood was on the outer parts of the body (not in the inner parts of, for example, a pimple) then what you described should be sufficient as the soap would have removed the potential impure parts of the blood on the exterior parts of the body.