Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Alawi Youth TV - Ep. 07 - The Alawi Misconceptions - Br. Khoder Samia

Zane Ibrahim

• Advanced Member

Why are alawis allowed to drink alcohol? I’ve worked for Alawis and done jobs for other Alawis families also my sister in law is married to a Alawi. They all drink 

sura baqara verse 219

They ask you about wine and gambling. Say, “In both there is great sin, and some benefits for people. And their sin is greater than their benefit.” And they ask you as to what they should spend. Say, “The surplus”. This is how Allah makes His verses clear to you, so that you may ponder

Edited by AliTanjiro

• Advanced Member
11 hours ago, AliTanjiro said:

Why are alawis allowed to drink alcohol? I’ve worked for Alawis and done jobs for other Alawis families also my sister in law is married to a Alawi. They all drink 

sura baqara verse 219

They ask you about wine and gambling. Say, “In both there is great sin, and some benefits for people. And their sin is greater than their benefit.” And they ask you as to what they should spend. Say, “The surplus”. This is how Allah makes His verses clear to you, so that you may ponder

My family are Alawis, but I'm a Twelver. That's my cousin, in the video. To be honest, I don't completely understand this either. But I assume it's one of these two:

1. Taqiyyah, as in because the Alawis are being killed in Syria and Lebanon, they have to perform Taqiyya so that people think they are regular Muslims.

2. Some Alawis do actually have the same beliefs as Twelvers. But they classify themselves as 'Alawi' either because their family is, or because they're technically on the path of Imam Ali Ibn Abi Talib (عليه السلام).

I reckon the first about Taqiyyah is more probable.

Then again, I'm no one to talk about these things, because only like a third of my family is actually religious. My uncle is an Alawi Sheikh, though, so I can ask him about it if you like.

Wassalam.

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, Zane Ibrahim said:

My family are Alawis, but I'm a Twelver. That's my cousin, in the video. To be honest, I don't completely understand this either. But I assume it's one of these two:

1. Taqiyyah, as in because the Alawis are being killed in Syria and Lebanon, they have to perform Taqiyya so that people think they are regular Muslims.

2. Some Alawis do actually have the same beliefs as Twelvers. But they classify themselves as 'Alawi' either because their family is, or because they're technically on the path of Imam Ali Ibn Abi Talib (عليه السلام).

I reckon the first about Taqiyyah is more probable.

Then again, I'm no one to talk about these things, because only like a third of my family is actually religious. My uncle is an Alawi Sheikh, though, so I can ask him about it if you like.

Wassalam.

Yes please find out. Also when my sister in law got married the Her husband said we have to kiss the sheiks hand as a form of respect even the females which didn’t make sense. My wife didn’t anyways but the other females did which I was confused as they are no mahram. I’m not hating on Alawis they are my brothers but there’s things I don’t understand 

• Advanced Member
20 hours ago, AliTanjiro said:

Yes please find out.

No problem insha'Allah.

20 hours ago, AliTanjiro said:

even the females

Yeah, and they also don't wear hijab. To be honest, their beliefs are very close to Christians.

• Advanced Member

Against Orthodoxy: The Story of Alawi Origins

By : Steve Tamari

A fairly recent (2010) book by the Israeli scholar Yaron Friedman reveals that such views are the sorts of prejudices that many a majority group uses to vilify those with whom they disagree. In The Nusayri-Alawis: An Introduction to the Religion, History, and Identity of the Leading Minority in Syria, Friedman mines a recently published (2006) set of volumes of hitherto unavailable Alawi (the more historically accurate term is “Nusaryi”) religious sources. He demonstrates that Alawi religious views are as fully Muslim as those of any other sect.

The Nusayris are named for one Muhammad ibn Nusayr who was on the margins of Shi’i groups active in southern Iraq in the second half of the ninth century. He represented a mystical brand of Shi’ism in which the power of the Imams who were descended from Ali, the fourth caliph of Islam, was accessible to those with a certain kind of divinely inspired esoteric knowledge.

For Nusayris, the five pillars of Islam are as important as they are to their mainstream coreligionists. However, according the Nusayris, these tenets have an esoteric element that is lost on the orthodox. Friedman dubs this an “allegorical interpretation of shari’a.” The Hajj, for example, is not so much a physical journey to Mecca as it is meant to be a personal journey of striving to move from one stage of spiritual understanding to another, higher one.

Friedman stresses that Nusayri beliefs are grounded ultimately in the Qur’an and that those elements that strike some as un-Islamic (like celebrating Christmas and the ritual use of wine) are derived from the same pre-Islamic Near Eastern traditions that shaped Islam as a whole, if in different ways.

https://www.jadaliyya.com/Details/26704

Are Syrian Alawites and Turkish Alevis the same?

Editor’s Note: Soner Cagaptay is a senior fellow at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy and a GPS contributor. You can find all his blog posts here. The views expressed in this article are solely those of Soner Cagaptay.

By Soner Cagaptay – Special to CNN

This is especially surprising since the Alevis are not Alawite.  Despite semantically similar names – -both Alawites and Alevis derive their names from their reverence for Ali, a close relative of the Muslim prophet Mohammed – Alevis and Alawites represent different strains of Islam.  Alevis are not Alawites, just as Protestants are not protestors.

Furthermore, the Alawites are Arabs and the Alevis are Turks.  Even Alevi populations among the Kurds and Balkan Muslims pray in Turkish, testifying to the essentially Turkish nature of Alevism. 

https://www.infors.ir/other/1540.html

• Advanced Member

Salam

In below  threads you can see differences  between bad(entertainment) music & good (non entertainment ) music & rulings about it.