Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

How Does Allah (عزّ وجلّ) know? Imam (a) Replies,

Rate this topic

Fuming

• Advanced Member

Al Daqaq, from Al Kulayni, from Ibn Aamir, from Al Moalla who said,

‘The Imam (a) was asked, ‘How does Allah Know?’

He (a) said: ‘He Knows, and Desires, and Wills, and Pre-determines, and Ordains, and Accomplishes, and Accomplishes what He Ordains, and Ordains What He Pre-determines, and Pre-determines what He Wills.

So, by His Knowledge was the Desired, and by His Desire was the Will, and by His Will was the destiny, and by His Destining was the Ordainment, and by His Ordainment was the accomplishment.

Thus, the Knowledge preceded upon the Desire, and the Desire was second, and the Will was third, and the Destiny occurred upon the Ordainment with the Accomplishment.

Then, for Allah there is change of Decision regarding whatever He Knows, whenever He so Desires, and regarding whatever He Wills as the destiny of the things.

So, when the Ordainment occurs with the Accomplishment, then there is no change of Decision, and the Knowledge is with the known before its coming into being, and the Desire regarding the desired is before its ‘whereness’, and the Will regarding the intended is before its standing, and the destiny of these known matters is before their detail and their arrival, visually and quantitatively.

And the Ordainment with the Accomplishment, it is the conclusion of the effects with the bodies realised by the senses, from the ones with colour and smell, and weight and measurement, and what crawls and climbs, from the humans and the Jinn, and bird and wild animals, and other than that from what can be detected by the senses.

For Allah Blessed and Exalted is the change of Decision in it, from what there is no visualising for it. So, when the visualising occurs upon the understandable, the realised, then there is no change of mind, and Allah Does whatever He so Desires to.

And by the Knowledge He Knows the thing before their coming into being, and by the Desire He Recognises their qualities, and their limits, and their growth before their manifestation; and by the Will He Distinguishes their selves regarding their colours, and their attributes, and their limitations; and by the Pre-determination He Determines their timings and Recognises their first and their last; and by the Ordainment He Manifests for the people, their places, and Points them upon these; and by the Accomplishment He

Explains its reasons and Manifests its affair. That is a Determination of the Mighty, the Wise’’.

[Bihar Al Anwaar – V 5, The book of Justice, Ch 3 H 27]

https://hubeali.com/books/English-Books/BiharAlAnwaar/BiharAlAnwaar_V5.pdf

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, Fuming said:

and by the Accomplishment He

Explains its reasons and Manifests its affair. That is a Determination of the Mighty, the Wise’’.

I'd request the mods to cancel the redundant space before the highlighted word and combine the last two lines with the paragraph above. also remove/hide this post of mine when done. Thankyou.

(i could've done it myself but I don't see the option to edit it perhaps due to me not being an advanced member yet) 

• Advanced Member
29 minutes ago, Fuming said:

I'd request the mods to cancel the redundant space before the highlighted word and combine the last two lines with the paragraph above. also remove/hide this post of mine when done. Thankyou.

(i could've done it myself but I don't see the option to edit it perhaps due to me not being an advanced member yet) 

@Abu Nur