Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Our most important first goal is never commit sins and be best servants of

Rate this topic

Guest Guest

It's common people may perhaps have worldly goals they want to make effort for . I'm sure there's people wanting nice house , nice vehicle , etc . But how miserable are you once you had committed a major sin ? When a person commits zina his or her life is destroyed with God and everything . They are damned and miserable and their akhirah is damned too . To stay perfectly clean and pure forever without ever sinning is the life we should make an effort to live . The best happiness is living a completely sinless life and having a completely sinless mind and never making sins in our heart or outwardly at any moment or place or range of time until death. The best and totally better goal to make an effort for is to be sinless every moment both inwardly and outwardly all the way until death and to be able to achieve spiritual ectasy in worshipping God and have the best of knowledge . The best goal is to be able to worship God all night and be strong enough to pray 100 rakat . Let's work for this aim and put our entire life for it . Because I've heard stories of people who ruined their life and died on their life .

• Veteran Member

Salam,

We need to ask Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to give us that abilities to be sinless.  Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)  made Ahlulbayt (عليه السلام) sinless.  We need to show sincere effort that Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will give His protection and strength to not sinning.

We need to make 24 hours of our life as ibadah, not only 100 rakaat at night.  Not many has that abilities to perform 100 rakaat at night.  However, to make 24 of hour time as ibadah would be better and highly recommended.  So our walking, eating, working, sleeping ...all as ibadah or worship Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).

When we worship...like we are not sinning.

Wallahualam.

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member
On 12/7/2021 at 8:10 AM, layman said:

We need to make 24 hours of our life as ibadah, not only 100 rakaat at night.  Not many has that abilities to perform 100 rakaat at night.  However, to make 24 of hour time as ibadah would be better and highly recommended.  So our walking, eating, working, sleeping ...all as ibadah or worship Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).

Hey love this!  Life is worship, 24/7 worshipping God.  Each action, each word, each thought, each desire focused on God and his character.  What a joy, what an exciting and wonderful prospect - heaven on earth!

Of course this will not make us sinless - for all have sinned and don't live up to the standard of honour God has set.  Each day I do things that when I think of God's honour and glory, I feel ashamed.  Yet, God in his mercy and grace accepts us with our shame and reclothes us with his robe of rightiousness.  He takes those of us who have commited acts which destroy our lives and restores us and makes us new through Jesus the Messiah, who died as our shame bearer.

The Trustworthy Injil says in 2 Corinthians chapter 5 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, that person is a new creation the old has gone, the new is here! 18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ.

• Veteran Member
3 hours ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

Hey love this!  Life is worship, 24/7 worshipping God.  Each action, each word, each thought, each desire focused on God and his character.  What a joy, what an exciting and wonderful prospect - heaven on earth!

In Dua Kumayl, a prayer passed down from Khidr (عليه السلام) to Imam Ali (عليه السلام) to his great companion withholding many secrets - Kumayl, we find:

يَا رَبِّ يَا رَبِّ يَا رَبِّ

ya rab-bi ya ya rab-bi ya rabb

My Lord! My Lord! My Lord!

أَسْألُكَ بِحَقِّكَ وَقُدْسِكَ

as-aluka bi-haq-qika wa qud-sik

I ask You by Your Truth and Your Holiness

وَأَعْظَمِ صِفَاتِكَ وَأَسْمَائِكَ

wa a`zami sifatika wa as-ma-ika

And the greatest of Your Attributes and Names,

أن تَجْعَلَ أَوْقَاتِي فِي اللَّيلِ وَالنَّهَارِ بِذِكْرِكَ مَعْمُورَةً،

an taj-`ala aw-qati fil-layli wan-nahari bi-dhik-rika ma`murah

That You makest my times in the night and the day inhabited by Your remembrance,

وَبِخِدْمَتِكَ مَوْصُولَةً،

wa bikhid-matika maw-sulah

And joined to Your service

وَّأَعْمَاِلي عِنْدَكَ مَقْبُولَةً،

wa a`mali i'ndaka maq-bulah

And my works acceptable to You,

حَتَّى تَكُونَ أَعْمَاِلي وَأَوْرَادِي كُلُّهَا وِرْداً وَّاحِداً،

hat-ta takuna a`mali wa aw-radi kul-luha wir-daw-wahidan

So that my works and my litanies may all be a single litany

• Veteran Member
6 hours ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

Of course this will not make us sinless - for all have sinned and don't live up to the standard of honour God has set.  Each day I do things that when I think of God's honour and glory, I feel ashamed.  Yet, God in his mercy and grace accepts us with our shame and reclothes us with his robe of rightiousness. 

• Advanced Member

@layman this is an amazing thought.  As we focus on God we recieve from him and become more like him.  Thans for posting this!

It would seem that sometimes there is something between us and God a veil or curtain which gets in the way so we are distracted or unable to focus on God clearly.

In the Injil we read 2 Corinthians chapter 3

16 But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

• Veteran Member
5 hours ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

@layman this is an amazing thought.  As we focus on God we recieve from him and become more like him.  Thans for posting this!

It would seem that sometimes there is something between us and God a veil or curtain which gets in the way so we are distracted or unable to focus on God clearly.

In the Injil we read 2 Corinthians chapter 3

16 But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

@Dave follower of The Way

We must view from top to the bottom to get a clear understanding of the veil, or source of distraction.

1.  GOD The HIGHEST (The ONE)

2. His Representatives to humans (Prophets and Selected Leaders.)...intermediate level

3. Then Us, at the bottom level.

We believe that Spirit of God is from Him and is attached to those at the level of #2.  Spirit of God contains His Holy Names and Pure.

So all those at level #2, their souls are Pure and protected and has Spirit of God in them.

Those pure souls will bring the messages of guidance from God to us.  It will not be a formal type...like Injin or Qur'an.  Without continuous messages of guidance,  humans will be in loss.

We are ever dependent on those at level #2 in order to get connected to God.  Those at level #2, are chosen by God and they are 100% doing what God instructs them to do.

Those pure souls will connect with our souls (no pure) if we have pure intention to be with God.

For a Christian, he/she must connect to Jesus (عليه السلام) and the get connected to God.

For Muslims, we must get connected to Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) to get connected to God.  Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) is also connected to all Prophets and all humans.

The real veil is when we are not connected to those at level #2.

Muslims considered Christian as Brothers in Faith because Jesus (عليه السلام) is also connected to our Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم).  We believe that sincere Christians are not veiled from God or His guidance because of connection that already existed between Prophet Jesus (عليه السلام) and Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). We can see some similarities of messages of guidance between two groups.

Wallahualam