Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

If I'm ever rich....

Rate this topic

notme

• Moderators

If I'm ever rich, I'm going to buy myself a Prius.

After that, I'll use the rest for charity and supporting the (halal) arts and science and education. I might open a restaurant that gives out free sandwiches and tea. You would be able to buy other menu items but the sandwiches will be the best part. I'll make sure to locate it where plenty of people will benefit. 

Also I have two friends who have really good business ideas that I'd offer to support with an investment. 

If you were rich, what would you do with your wealth? 

Every time that I hear about someone needing a donation (plenty of these financial requests come in the mail or are on radio and TV), I would donate $5 or $12 or $14 to my marja or a reputable Shia site. 

• Forum Administrators
45 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

Every time that I hear about someone needing a donation (plenty of these financial requests come in the mail or are on radio and TV), I would donate $5 or $12 or $14 to my marja or a reputable Shia site. 

Exactly. The site where I pay my Zakat al-Fitrah and make Sadaqah: https://www.Imam-us.org/charity-dues/ 

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Guest Molana said:

If I’m ever rich, I’ll give all my money to you, so you do all the above. 

See just like that, the probability of you getting rich is doubled now -:)

Oh that's nice of you! Thank you! :)

On 11/21/2021 at 5:58 PM, notme said:

If I'm ever rich, I'm going to buy myself a Prius.

After that, I'll use the rest for charity and supporting the (halal) arts and science and education. I might open a restaurant that gives out free sandwiches and tea. You would be able to buy other menu items but the sandwiches will be the best part. I'll make sure to locate it where plenty of people will benefit. 

Also I have two friends who have really good business ideas that I'd offer to support with an investment. 

If you were rich, what would you do with your wealth? 

I love this idea! Having a restaurant that gives out free sandwiches would be so amazing.

My family is well-off, but my husband and I are not. If I were rich, I would buy myself a custom Spanish Revival home built in the 1920s. I’d live in an exclusive gated neighborhood in my city. Or in Highland Park, Texas. 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms. Plenty of space for four kids to each have their own room. (I want to have four kids, but I’ll probably only have two.) I’d want a dining room, a built-in breakfast nook/booth. Around 4,000 square feet with multiple conversation areas. I would have a huge home library. I’d send my children to private school. 

Then, I’d buy myself a Cadillac. I would collect expensive art. Use the money for vacations twice a year. 

I would donate to charities that support education and breast/ovarian cancer research. I’d also donate money to various school districts so that low-income and Title I schools get the funding they need to provide education in the arts, science, the GATE program, and the AP and IB curriculum. I’d want to donate enough money so that every school meets Common Core/State Standards.

I’d also build several public libraries and get the funding necessary to create ads encouraging people to read. 

I’d build a free Lifetime Fitness gym in low-income areas so that everyone can stay fit and healthy. I’d advocate for free health and dental care. 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Guest Window said:

If I were rich,

Pretty sure you and I have very different definitions of the word "rich"! I wasn't talking about guillotine rich, just never checking the bank balance before a purchase rich. 

My car is pretty nice; I could skip the Prius. I had been driving on the interstate all day when I posted this topic. 

On 11/23/2021 at 6:04 PM, notme said:

Pretty sure you and I have very different definitions of the word "rich"! I wasn't talking about guillotine rich, just never checking the bank balance before a purchase rich. 

My car is pretty nice; I could skip the Prius. I had been driving on the interstate all day when I posted this topic. 

Oh, hahaha. :D I was definitely thinking about “rich” as in “if I had all the money in the world” rich. I misread the question! Not checking the bank before making a purchase would be so lovely. 

The best threads are made while on the freeway! I guess I complied everything I could think of that I love—a mansion, books, education. I’m back to owning one car at the moment, so that’s why I went overboard with my response, lol. :) 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, starlight said:

my job which would pay for these takes up the major chunk of time and energy

I've never had both money and time, and often I've had neither. I hope you are able to achieve some of these. They sound very rewarding and beneficial. 

• Veteran Member

My parents and my husband have high incomes but I personally dont have a salary. Every time my father or my husband give me money, i give some of it to the poor or charities but i wish i could help them more but i feel shy to ask my parents or my husband to give me more money. So i decided to work as a freelancer for English websites and earn a salary. But since I live in Iran, due to the sanctions, I couldnt have a paypal account. So I paid for a verified paypal account and a vps that doesnt allow the admins of paypal and freelancing websites to know where i live (i have to pay monthly for vps). I also downloaded a rd client app which will help me to use vps in android (due to the sanctions, play store didnt allow me to download it even when I turned on my vpn!!!). 

Currently, I am trying to pass an entrance exam in order to be employed as a freelancer. It is a transcription exam. I have passed the non-audio part but the audio part is difficult. They speak too fast! They offer some hotkeys for reducing speed but since i am using my cellphone and the android keyboard doesnt have a ctrl button, i cannot use these hotkeys. I will try but if I fail, i will try other freelancing websites.

• Site Administrators

- Pay my debts
- Pay my siblings debts 
- Buy property/apartment/house in major ziyarah cities (najaf, karbala, mashad, qum, damascus)
- Eat steak every day
- Install a soda/malt beverage dispenser machine thingy on my office desk
- Have a fridge with unlimited supply of icecubes
- Start a coding school for shia kids

• Moderators

At my current job as a teacher, I am paid about the same as my son who works as a dishwasher, but I really enjoy the work and have no intention of leaving it. Should I also get a second job so I can be rich and do all these things? 

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, notme said:

At my current job as a teacher, I am paid about the same as my son who works as a dishwasher, but I really enjoy the work and have no intention of leaving it. Should I also get a second job so I can be rich and do all these things? 

Wow which state is this? Dishwashers make minimum wage, teacher should definitely not make so little

• Moderators
23 hours ago, Uni Student said:

Wow which state is this? Dishwashers make minimum wage, teacher should definitely not make so little

I'm not licensed as a teacher yet. I work in a classroom with students, but I'm an assistant teacher for now. The pay is abysmal, insulting even, and they're understaffed so everyone has to work extra hard. At the restaurant where my son works, they split the tips. Since he will be working through the summer and I won't, he will actually receive significantly more than me. We get about the same per hour. 

This is part of the process. I'm planning to seek licensure starting classes in autumn of 2022 and finishing in 1 year. After I'm licensed I'll be offered a normal lower middle class salary. 

But since I can't start classes for a while, should I get another job until then? 

Guest Wantababy

I will buy my mosque a new building and all the amenities

I will get my parents a house,or two if they want one in their home country as well.

I will buy my in laws a house.

I will pay off my parents and siblings mortgages and debts.

I will a forever house.

I will buy a nicer car. 

I will leave a certain amount for my nieces and nephews to get when they get older

I will let my husband go back to school for his dreams

I will go to grad school

And hopefully I'll have some left lol!

Guest Wantababy
4 hours ago, notme said:

I'm not licensed as a teacher yet. I work in a classroom with students, but I'm an assistant teacher for now. The pay is abysmal, insulting even, and they're understaffed so everyone has to work extra hard. At the restaurant where my son works, they split the tips. Since he will be working through the summer and I won't, he will actually receive significantly more than me. We get about the same pet hour. 

This is part of the process. I'm planning to seek licensure starting classes in autumn of 2022 and finishing in 1 year. After I'm licensed I'll be offered a normal lower middle class salary. 

But since I can't start classes for a while, should I get another job until then? 

There are a lot of remote jobs now if you want to try for that :)