Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Good Shia Symbols for Tattoos? (Without Holy Personalities Names)

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Gonna probably get a tattoo. I was thinking about getting 313 in Arabic numerals, but any other signs I'm missing? 

Edited by BleedKnee

• The title was changed to Good Shia Symbols for Tattoos? (Without Holy Personalities Names)
  • Advanced Member
21 minutes ago, Mahdavist said:

I don't think there is any good symbol for a tattoo because this isn't from the way of the ahlulbayt (عليه السلام). The culture of tattoos is taken from non muslims. One often ends up growing old and regretting why they performed such an act which has no basis in the Qur'an or the sunnah of the ma'soomeen (عليه السلام).

I agree with you completely brother, sadly many men specifically the youth are getting tattoos. 

• Forum Administrators
6 hours ago, BleedKnee said:

Gonna probably get a tattoo. I was thinking about getting 313 in Arabic numerals, but any other signs I'm missing? 

I assume you can read Arabic?

Lots of cases of people getting tattoos in exotic languages and not realising that instead of inking 313 the artist does 'son of Saddam' or some such instead.

• Advanced Member
5 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

I assume you can read Arabic?

Lots of cases of people getting tattoos in exotic languages and not realising that instead of inking 313 the artist does 'son of Saddam' or some such instead.

I know what is Arabic numerals and what's words lol. 

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, Mahdavist said:

I don't think there is any good symbol for a tattoo because this isn't from the way of the ahlulbayt (عليه السلام). The culture of tattoos is taken from non muslims. One often ends up growing old and regretting why they performed such an act which has no basis in the Qur'an or the sunnah of the ma'soomeen (عليه السلام).

I don't know about that, since every culture in the world, including the Muslim world, has a history with tattoos. 

I know there's no demand in the teachings of the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) to get a tattoo, I'm doing it for aesthetic reasons and given it's halal, why not just do it? 

When I mean symbols, I mean symbols that have developed within the Shia world as times gone by. 

• Moderators
15 hours ago, BleedKnee said:

I don't know about that, since every culture in the world, including the Muslim world, has a history with tattoos. 

Actually among the muslimeen it is considered haram among some, permissible among others and even then with certain conditions. 

I know there's no demand in the teachings of the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) to get a tattoo, I'm doing it for aesthetic reasons and given it's halal, why not just do it? 

Because it has no basis in religion and is generally perceived in the muslim world as an act of imitating disbelievers. 

When I mean symbols, I mean symbols that have developed within the Shia world as times gone by. 

In other words man made symbols that are neither from the Qur'an nor from the sunnah. 

• Advanced Member

I would strongly advice against getting a tattoo AT LEAST BEFORE YOU GET MARRIED. This would turn away a lot of pious women and if not them, their parents. Get married first, then once she knows you're a decent guy, discuss this with her. It's like the deal with my parents. My mom was rejecting offers for her hand because they were from abroad or planned on moving abroad. It was only after my dad married her that he suggested the idea and she agreed because she trusted him. If he came in guns blazing with "I'm gonna take you to America!" I would not be here today.

Guest abu hammad

salam

ayatullah khoei said wudu/ghusul can be done over tatto as it is below the skin, but did not say muslims should get them or more of them.

it's like if ahomosexual asks about ghusul for prayers and the alim said with cold water, thats just for removing najasat of fluid and praying not approving act.

one should ask the marja they follow may i get a tatto if i don't already have them and if so what is allowed