Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

I am very tired plz help

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam Alaykom,

It’s been months I’m suffering and I can’t focus in life except about this thing that is really disturbing me. Could you plz answer to my question and tell me if is it shirk or not: I did a tattoo of a painting of 2 hands really close to each others from the Artist Michelangelo back in 2019. When I did it I found it beautiful and deeply meaningful, but didn’t thought a lot about it even tho knowing that it is represented as 1 hand as prophet Adam and the other as God" astaghfirullah ". I never believed it to be true, but the problem after a while, my mind couldn’t think of just what it is represented and ignoring as it’s not exactly the hand of you know.. until few months until now I’m always suffering from these thoughts that I’m committing shirk, while having such thoughts. I don’t see it the way I saw it in the beginning as just 2 hands beautifully painted, it’s just right now: shirk, shirk , shirk, 2 hands and one is the hand of.. astgahfirullah. It feels like I’m trying so hard to remove these thoughts,but they come back and eat my mind, my soul, self-esteem, feeling as the worst human being possible to exist, asking myself why I did this tattoo while knowing « what is was represented ». Plz help me, am I a mushrik, do I have OCD? I am very lost

• Advanced Member

1. You didn't know about it at that time and You didn't do it intentionally.

2. You realised that you made an error and you're truly sorry about it.

3. If possible, get the rid of that too as this will be part of your repentance process - If not, perhaps covering them from people seeing it.

4. Door of repentance is always.

5. Do NOT fall in/to despaire

6. Do NOT repeat the wrongful act.

7. Read Duas, Ziyarat, Give Alms when possible, offer units of prayers, do qada prayers if you have, do good deeds and be sincere when you do these things.

In Regard point 7 - It may not be possible to do all these things but perhaps some of those things.

Don't give up on the Mercy of Allah.

We're here for one another

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, Meedy said:

1. You didn't know about it at that time and You didn't do it intentionally.

2. You realised that you made an error and you're truly sorry about it.

3. If possible, get the rid of that too as this will be part of your repentance process - If not, perhaps covering them from people seeing it.

4. Door of repentance is always.

5. Do NOT fall in/to despaire

6. Do NOT repeat the wrongful act.

7. Read Duas, Ziyarat, Give Alms when possible, offer units of prayers, do qada prayers if you have, do good deeds and be sincere when you do these things.

In Regard point 7 - It may not be possible to do all these things but perhaps some of those things.

Don't give up on the Mercy of Allah.

We're here for one another

Thank you brother may God guide us all to the straight path. 
and yes I did know what it was " represented " but I never believed to be true. But the " representation " stuck in my head and it started to bother me when I started to become closer to Islam. I took it simply as a beautiful tattoo to have, but slowly I cared less about the main meaning faded and the representation of the tattoo started to  have side effects, like doubting myself, doubting my future, doubting all the prayers I’ve prayed maybe that they were not accepted, doubting too many things, too much, became anxious and etc. I keep saying that the tattoo is false, false ideas, its shirk, it doesnt make sense to be like that, I cant be believing that, but every time I try to forget it, it comes back in my mind the way the painting is represented and it bothers me, I keep saying astaghfirullah it’s just simple hands what is this believe from the painter.  Much prayers brother

• Advanced Member
On 10/16/2021 at 6:49 PM, Hassan01 said:

yes I did know what it was " represented " but I never believed to be true

Have you gotten rid of the tattoo or planning to?  At least you've wrong yourself, you haven't wronged anyone else so that's a good thing in a way.

It happened, what's happened, has happened. You can stress all you want, it won't change the past but You CAN change the future, You're the author of your story, you determine what happens next. Open up the next page, start fresh.

There is a lot of youth and perhaps adults too in the world are struggling, they're going through the same/similar struggle in different ways.

I am struggling to, there is few bad habits I need to overcome, because whenever bad things happen to me, I fall back into them. I am struggling and likewise with fulfilling religious obligations acts, I find it hard to do it them or when I do them, I lack the sincerity. Don't give up.

• Advanced Member
On 10/16/2021 at 7:09 PM, Meedy said:

Have you gotten rid of the tattoo or planning to?  At least you've wrong yourself, you haven't wronged anyone else so that's a good thing in a way.

It happened, what's happened, has happened. You can stress all you want, it won't change the past but You CAN change the future, You're the author of your story, you determine what happens next. Open up the next page, start fresh.

There is a lot of youth and perhaps adults too in the world are struggling, they're going through the same/similar struggle in different ways.

I am struggling to, there is few bad habits I need to overcome, because whenever bad things happen to me, I fall back into them. I am struggling and likewise with fulfilling religious obligations acts, I find it hard to do it them or when I do them, I lack the sincerity. Don't give up.

No I’m planning on removing it, but wait what does that mean? Actually I don’t know how much exactly it takes to go away, but what about the prayers while having it, are they accepted? Was I a mushrik? God says He doesn’t forgive shirk ugh.. Am I going forever to hell? See, I always have those thoughts. It’s killing me. Thank you for your advice brother

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, Hassan01 said:

No I’m planning on removing it, but wait what does that mean? Actually I don’t know how much exactly it takes to go away, but what about the prayers while having it, are they accepted? Was I a mushrik? God says He doesn’t forgive shirk ugh.. Am I going forever to hell? See, I always have those thoughts. It’s killing me. Thank you for your advice brother

I think the part about the prayers, you're best to ask a Maraji e.g. Send a question to Sayyed Ali Sistani or any other Marji you follow or can seek answers. That will give you a proper answer and I highly recommend you to do that. Let us know how you go.

The definition of A mushrik is one who associates, invokes or worships beings other than or with Allah Subhanah; or shares any of Allah Subhanahs Noble Attributes with anyone else.

I think if the person dies as mushrik, God won't forgive him. but Thank God You're alive !!! There is BIG Hope for you to save yourself

Since You are a live, You can change, you can reform yourself, The door of repentance is open for you

• Advanced Member

Salam Brother. It's good to see that you are sensitive to mistakes, but we should have a can-fix-it attitude, we shouldn't wallow in our misery for months.

Removing a tattoo is difficult and expensive, it may be difficult to do soon. But, you could go and draw over it, I think they call this  a "cover up."

Brother the solutions to our problems are never far, go and fix this problem.

• Advanced Member
7 minutes ago, Meedy said:

I think the part about the prayers, you're best to ask a Maraji e.g. Send a question to Sayyed Ali Sistani or any other Marji you follow or can seek answers. That will give you a proper answer and I highly recommend you to do that. Let us know how you go.

The definition of A mushrik is one who associates, invokes or worships beings other than or with Allah Subhanah; or shares any of Allah Subhanahs Noble Attributes with anyone else.

I think if the person dies as mushrik, God won't forgive him. but Thank God You're alive !!! There is BIG Hope for you to save yourself

Since You are a live, You can change, you can reform yourself, The door of repentance is open for you

They take too much time to answer, once I asked a question and never got a reply. Maybe because they receive too much questions, but Inshallah I will do it.
it’s true brother that Al hamdoulilah I am still alive, but I’m pretty scared of the ayah that God says He forgives whatever He wants, except for shirk. I need solid proof, mostly when I’m insecure, have 0 self-esteem, overthink all the time, etc I need something that will convince me that He does forgive. Inshallah

• Advanced Member
8 minutes ago, guest 2025 said:

Salam Brother. It's good to see that you are sensitive to mistakes, but we should have a can-fix-it attitude, we shouldn't wallow in our misery for months.

Removing a tattoo is difficult and expensive, it may be difficult to do soon. But, you could go and draw over it, I think they call this  a "cover up."

Brother the solutions to our problems are never far, go and fix this problem.

Yes a cover up will be great, but does that mean that my destiny has changed or I’m still a muslim?

• Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, Hassan01 said:

Yes a cover up will be great, but does that mean that my destiny has changed or I’m still a muslim?

Brother that is the Shaitain speaking. Does that make any sense? How can the doors of Allah close in your face like that? Wallah to think like this is the true shame.

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, guest 2025 said:

Brother that is the Shaitain speaking. Does that make any sense? How can the doors of Allah close in your face like that? Wallah to think like this is the true shame.

True brother, it’s just my insecurity and anxiety that makes me feels think of myself. May God bless you all thank you

• Advanced Member

Like I have informed you before, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) forgives any sin from a person who repents, even shirk. Stop overthinking and don't listen to the wiswas of the Shaytan.

Do you think that all the idol worshippers at the time of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) who converted to Islam are all in hell now? Then what was the point of Allah sending the Prophet to guide the people if they were never going to be forgiven?

Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful." [39:53]

I have sent this question to sistani.org:

Question: Can one be forgiven if he commits shirk?

In the Name of God, the Most High

If he repents sincerely, God will forgive him.

May Allah grant you success

www.sistani.org

Istifta Section - Office of His Eminence Al-Sayyid Ali Al-Sistani

Edited by Muhammad Al-Hurr

• Advanced Member
22 hours ago, Muhammad Al-Hurr said:

Like I have informed you before, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) forgives any sin from a person who repents, even shirk. Stop overthinking and don't listen to the wiswas of the Shaytan.

Do you think that all the idol worshippers at the time of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) who converted to Islam are all in hell now? Then what was the point of Allah sending the Prophet to guide the people if they were never going to be forgiven?

Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful." [39:53]

I have sent this question to sistani.org:

Question: Can one be forgiven if he commits shirk?

In the Name of God, the Most High

If he repents sincerely, God will forgive him.

May Allah grant you success

www.sistani.org

Istifta Section - Office of His Eminence Al-Sayyid Ali Al-Sistani

Salam brother, 

Yes I am overthinking a lot, I don’t want to despair of the mercy of Allah, but God forgives shirk if they become muslims, right? So if you a muslim, is it the same? 
and that person who asked the question to Al-Sayyid Ali Al-Sistani, are they asking about muslims or the one who isn’t muslim?

• Advanced Member
34 minutes ago, Hassan01 said:

Salam brother, 

Yes I am overthinking a lot, I don’t want to despair of the mercy of Allah, but God forgives shirk if they become muslims, right? So if you a muslim, is it the same? 
and that person who asked the question to Al-Sayyid Ali Al-Sistani, are they asking about muslims or the one who isn’t muslim?

God forgives shirk if they become muslims, right? So if you a muslim, is it the same?  - I think you're making complicated and confusing yourself. I will simplified  for you.

- Muslims/ Believers are forgiven ONLY if they sincerely repented whilst ALIVE.

- If Muslims/Believers/Non Believers - did NOT repent or they were NOT SINCERE in their repentance whilst THEY WERE ALIVE then there will be SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES.

The person who asked the question to Al-Sayyid Ali Al-Sistani, are they asking about muslims or the one who isn’t muslim? - That is up to the person who is asking the question, maybe they can ask in regard to both.

About your tatoos and cost of removal, continued doing your prayers as normal (Just cover them whilst you do your prayers or reading quran or duas).

God knows about your situation and you too explain your situation to God, Seek Guidance from God, Seek from God to guide you into the right paths and seek forgiveness.

I can't help when I start talking I don't know when to stop and may end up repeating somethings, so please forgive me.

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Hassan01 said:

Salam brother, 

Salam brother,

What makes you think there is a difference? You should not be overthinking this. Do you think this is what Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) wants from you? Allah said do not despair of the mercy of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and that He forgives all sins.

And the question I sent to sistani.org is clearly asking generally, not specifying whether or not the person who committed shirk was originally Muslim or not.

• Advanced Member
10 hours ago, Hassan01 said:

Salam Alaykom,

could you plz explain to me in your words what’s about?

:ws:

It's about refuting  baseless claim of Wahabists  & Salafists about accusing  Shia muslims to commit Shirk which @Cool has revived it & refuted  their accusations .