Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Where do you find Rest?

• Advanced Member

Today as I spent time with God, he talked to me about “rest”.  He reminded me of the verses in the Hebrew Bible which affirm that true rest is found in God alone.  The prophet David passes on to us God’s promises

Zebur / Psalm 62

Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him.
Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I shall not be shaken.

Zebur / Psalm 91

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High, will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, ‘He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.’

Later prophets confirm these words of Almighty God

Isaiah 30:15 This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: ‘In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength,

Jeremiah 6:16  This is what the Lord says: ‘Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.

Jesus the Messiah took these words and applied them to himself.  In the Holy and Trustworthy Injil we read the very words of Jesus recorded by Matthew his friend. 

Matthew 1128 ‘Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.’

There is also this idea in the Qur’an

Ar Ra’d 13:28 Who have believed and whose hearts have rest in the remembrance of Allah. Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest!

When you think or God and your faith, where do you find rest?

How does your relationship God bring rest to your soul?

• Advanced Member
54 minutes ago, Dave follower of The Way said:

When you think or God and your faith, where do you find rest?

How does your relationship God bring rest to your soul?

I think overcoming my sins habit forever and completely repent and improve my relationship with God, then I can find rest as I have improved my relationship with God and that God is proud of my effort which I must maintain and continue. (I'm struggling and have urgently to do something about it because I never know when death will say your time is up)

Once I accomplish the above then I feel my soul is at rest.

When the person is in struggle with sins and relationship with God, the soul feel restless. So it is important we improve our relation with God, step by step.

All the above is related to myself.

• Advanced Member
On 10/10/2021 at 12:02 PM, Meedy said:

Once I accomplish the above then I feel my soul is at rest.

When the person is in struggle with sins and relationship with God, the soul feel restless. So it is important we improve our relation with God, step by step.

Brorther Meedy thank you for your contribution.  I really relate to what you say.  It is hard to find rest while we are working to accomplish something that seems so beyond us - God's demands.

Your other comment reminds me of a North African Christian Augustine who lived in the 4th century CE he said

“You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.”

@Abu Nur

It is my joy too to have found rest like Abraham did in the

On 10/10/2021 at 10:11 PM, Abu Nur said:

the Lord of all the worlds, who created me, it is He who guides me, and provides me with food and drink, and when I get sick, it is He who cures me; who will make me die, then He will bring me to life, and who, I hope, will forgive me my iniquities on the Day of Retribution.

For me my rest is a present reality based on a sure hope of acceptence on the Day of Retribution.

A rest which enables me to face the challenges of this world, as Abraham did.  And to journey with God towards the maturity he is working to perfect in my life.

• 1 month later...