Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

No idea what to do

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Wasalam wr wb

:bismillah:

وَعَسَى أَن تَكْرَهُواْ شَيْئًا وَهُوَ خَيْرٌ لَّكُمْ وَعَسَى أَن تُحِبُّواْ شَيْئًا وَهُوَ شَرٌّ لَّكُمْ وَاللّهُ يَعْلَمُ وَأَنتُمْ لاَ تَعْلَمُونَ

But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah knows, while you know not.

Al Baqarah 2:216

Just as a baby is unable to comprehend that a sharp [Edited Out] of an injection is actually good and beneficial for it in the long run, we humans are unable to comprehend that the adversities we are subjected to are in fact good and beneficial for us.

The same goes for what we want or ask Allah Ta’ala to grant us; it might seem obvious to us that it’s beneficial, but only Allah Ta’ala knows that in the long run, it might not be.

Have faith that whatever Allah Ta’ala grants you or withholds from you at this point, is Khair and blessings and submit yourself to his will knowing full well that he will only have your best interests in mind.

Be the best you can be and know that Allah Ta’ala will grant you what’s best for you at the right time.

• Veteran Member
On 10/7/2021 at 9:01 PM, S Hussain said:

Salam -

Recently every action and plan I make, has been hit with a brick wall. Like literally one after the other, nothing seems to be changing at all.  

But it’s ok because I have a lot more patience and trust left in me so I don’t mind, but I worry one day I’ll just be even more tired.   

It all started off from a trail, something that couldn’t be changed.. so I was forced to change internally.  I made sure to always repent, and do as much istagfar as possible, incase any of my sins closed doors, or altered blessings. But the deafening silence from Allah is very loud. But again, there might be wisdom in what Allah is doing and maybe he does still love me.  

Over time I’m seeing people get that which I want, and am able to make dua for them and feel happy for them from my heart genuinely, ensuring I have no envy for people. As envy tried to creep into my heart but Alhamduillah I noticed it before it did any Damage.  

I’m thanking Allah for the difficulty’s I face, as Alhamduillah it has increased my eman, faith and trust in Allah by 10 folds.  My connection with the IMAMs AS has also increased a lot more as Allah has stripped all hopes, dreams, plans and self reliance from me until I became exhausted and I had nothing left internally to help myself but Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). Usually when I ask, Allah would grant me and my Duas get answered.  So this new level of eman I have attained was only from this period of hardship, So Alhamduillah. 

I have no idea if Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is content/happy with me, and I understand I can never know as I think personally, if I knew it would do more harm then good (I’d definitely get lazy in pleasing him, because I know he’s happy with me the and would repent less and do dua less etc). 

All I can do is be sincere for guidance and closeness to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), uphold my wajibat and just keep repenting as much as possible ensuring I cry in repentance of my sins and for the tragedy of the Ahlulbayt AS 

My question is - Do I just go about my life, upholding Islamic practical principals and hope for the best….. or should I be actively finding answers on what is going on  spiritually ? My main concern is I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong? or if Allah is building me right now with silence to build more yaqeen/submission in me? Or if I have been hit a spiritual roadblock ? I’m clueless on my next step to Allah ? And it stems from silence of Allah. (Silence in terms of my Duas don’t get answered anymore TO MY KNOWLEDGE.

I also haven’t had a dream/mukasifaf In 4 years, and my situation has been the exact same for 1 and a half year now BUT the sweetness of eman is still there, hence the confusion if weather I’m doing something wrong or a test from Allah ?   

Any idea ? Or advice ? Any next steps I should be doing. ? 

Allah forgives sins as per His promise. You just have to be patient brother. You will get what you deserve when Allah deems the timing to be right - that is right way to think about it. Sometimes the test is how patient can you be because you should not lose hope in Allah just because you don't get something.

• Advanced Member

Hi There

I hope you don't mind me making a comment as a Follower of Jesus the Messiah.  There is much we can share as we face similar challenges of faith.

On 10/8/2021 at 3:01 AM, S Hussain said:

It all started off from a trail, something that couldn’t be changed.. so I was forced to change internally.

I rejoice that God accepts us for who we are and as we are.  Our identity is not in what we do, or don't do, but in the fact that we are his creation made in his image and invited into his family as a beloved child.  Rest in that fact and call out to God as to a loving caring parent who is ready to pick you up in his strong caring arms (metaphorically) irrespective of the mud and dirt on your clothes.

Zebur Psalm 113

Who is like the Lord our God,
    the One who sits enthroned on high,
who stoops down to look
    on the heavens and the earth?
He raises the poor from the dust

and lifts the needy from the ash heap

I have no idea if Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is content/happy with me, and I understand I can never know as I think personally, if I knew it would do more harm then good

I would suggest that knowing God loves you does far more good than harm.  Rather than making you lazy and complacent, it makes you rejoice and serve him with a full and thankful heart.

BUT the sweetness of eman is still there,

What an amazing testimony you have of perseverence and patience.  When God seems far away it is not because he he absent it is because he is so close you are surounded by him.

When you look at the life of Jesus the Messiah as recorded in the Trustworthy Injil, you see how God reaches out to all, particularly those who know their need of him.  Jesus the Messiah said "it is not the well that need a doctor but the sick".  He called out "Blessed are the poor in spirit for they are part of God's kingdom"